Transfer Rumour Matt Godden (1 Viewer)

Gibbo

The lifespan of any player, let alone a striker, at one club at this level seems to be about 2 years. If so 28 is no obstacle. A two year deal and if we get promoted in either year, we can offload quite easily.
I wonder how well any striker will do as a sole striker, whoever they are. McNulty fed off Max and JCH, but I think I would rather have a hardened pro like Godden to a young tyro like Walker

coop

Posh trying to push up the price and MR won't like the fact we have been mentioned by Fry.Bayliss money to cover loses so maybe a bit of Chaplin money to be used.

SBAndy

Having just looked at last season’s top scorers, it’s noticeable how many have moved this summer to better teams or been promoted. Think we’ve missed the boat striker-wise if we’re looking for proven L1 quality. The only higher scorer within that chart who I’d say would fit our style but also be achievable is Ched Evans, and I know he comes with downsides.

It’s a difficult one. Ideally I wouldn’t be wanting Godden but there’s not much choice. Mind you, it’s rare that our transfers are played out in the press so expect some hot prospect from Serie B to be signed imminently.

kg82

The biggest problem is he won’t have service we don’t create anywhere near enough.

Is that going off yesterday’s game? I couldn’t watch it, so I don’t know. But it didn’t sound like we lacked creating chances.

If last seasons anything to go by, it’s not creating chances that’s our problem. It’s sticking them away.

cc84cov

Is that going off yesterday’s game? I couldn’t watch it, so I don’t know. But it didn’t sound like we lacked creating chances.

If last seasons anything to go by, it’s not creating chances that’s our problem. It’s sticking them away.
I think last season was similar until Bright came in,Yesterday we created hardly anything pre season we didn’t exactly score bag fulls either.Watching yesterday I just can’t see where the goals are coming from even with a striker we need creativity.

kg82

I think last season was similar until Bright came in,Yesterday we created hardly anything pre season we didn’t exactly score bag fulls either.Watching yesterday I just can’t see where the goals are coming from even with a striker we need creativity.

I don’t disagree. I want more creativity.

fatso

I don’t disagree. I want more creativity.
I think Jobello will offer us creativity once he settles in,
Yesterday was difficult because Southend came to park the bus, and didn’t even try to play until they went behind, and by that time some of our players looked knackered.
Also we didn’t have much pace or movement to drag defenders out of possition,
Hopefully we will sort that out this week.

CCFC72

He wants first team football and knows where the net is. The price is the price, he would be great for us, Experienced and proven. Glad it’s not one for the development squad.

theferret

There were times last season, long before Bright came in, when we were creating chances for fun.

Alkhen

The biggest problem is he won’t have service we don’t create anywhere near enough.Until that changes even the legend Kevin Kyle would struggle :)

Nonsense, the problem last year was profligate strikers. Granted we didn't create loads but our strikers were very very wasteful.

McNulty the year previous with a similar if not worse record did more than fine. And I'd say he probably had less support

theferret

They sat back for large parts and we pressed whenever they got the ball.. Easy to see why they ended up with some energy and we never

We will get fitter and fitter though

Yeah, we pressed high for 60 minutes. They barely got out of their half. It was a warm day and it took its toll in the end.

Sky Blue Harry H

I am all for getting the lad in, but will be p*sssed off if we let Pboro jerk us around re £££s. Irrelevant that Pompey got turned down, as they've since spent their £££s on Marquis. Offer them a figure, wiyh a 'let us know by then date, otherwise look elsewhere. Might be just be, but can imagine Barry Fry and co messing us about with this.

johnwillomagic

We should tell them to piss off and offer half of that value take it or leave it - there are so many better players about anyhow
seen him a few times and in my opinion he really is league 2 at best.

lifeskyblue

I am all for getting the lad in, but will be p*sssed off if we let Pboro jerk us around re £££s. Irrelevant that Pompey got turned down, as they've since spent their £££s on Marquis. Offer them a figure, wiyh a 'let us know by then date, otherwise look elsewhere. Might be just be, but can imagine Barry Fry and co messing us about with this.

Absolutely right. We name a price and date (couple days). They either agree or robins walks away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeaSeeEffCee

Rumours that Peterborough need to sell to be able to bring more in as they are skirting right on the line of FFP

Users who are viewing this thread