Matched Betting (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

Anyone done this? I'm giving it a crack using profit accumulator. Made about 15 quid off the first offer. Seems like it is a bit of a grind but realistic returns could be between 5 and 10 grand in a year.

clint van damme

Anyone done this? I'm giving it a crack using profit accumulator. Made about 15 quid off the first offer. Seems like it is a bit of a grind but realistic returns could be between 5 and 10 grand in a year.

what is it exactly?

Skybluefaz

what is it exactly?
Basically your are betting on both outcomes on something. I'm going to try and stick to football. This weekend to get started though, I bet a fiver on Coral on Exeter to beat Tranmere away, then on Betfair exchange I layed the bet so I bet Exeter wouldn't win, (draw or Tranmere win). I chose this bet cos the odds were similar and this is known as the qualifying bet because it unlocks a £20 free bet which you use to make the profit. So on that qualifying bet I lost something like 12p, but then with access to the free bets I backed Everton to beat Chelsea with the free bets and then layed Everton on Betfair. Now on the Betfair exchange when you lay a bet you have a liability because you are essentially acting as the bookie, so I had to put £70 in Betfair in order to get that bet on. When all was said and done Everton won and I won £85 quid on the free bets with Coral and lost my liablity on the Betfair Exchange because I was backing Everton to lose or draw there and they won. All told that left me £15 quid up, because I was betting with free bets rather than my own cash. The idea is you do that with the other 95 bookmakers and the money soon adds up.

Skybluefaz

If anyone fancies it I've just signedup to the site and got a referral code, £20 for you and £20 for me. That'll pay for a months access.

LastGarrison

A mate of mine has made some great money off this over the years and at one point was doing it as his full time job but as quick as you set new accounts up the quicker the bookies shut them down.

At one point he was paying a runner to travel all over London putting bets on in cash at bookies whilst laying it off on line but as you suggest it is a grind and they key is getting new accounts so be prepared to speak nicely to family members, friends etc. and let them open up accounts for you to use but be aware that this isn’t a new thing and the bookies are very conscious of this and will be looking at your betting trends etc. Obviously if you are just nicking a few quid here and there you will probably go under the radar but as soon as you are consistently winning they will limit your accounts or shut them down.

Horse racing, and especially in play betting, seemed to be where he made his most money but it is imperative that your broadband is lightening quick!

Good luck.

Last edited:

Skybluefaz

A mate of mine has made some great money off this over the years and at one point was doing it as his full time job but as quick as you set new accounts up the quicker the bookies shut them down.

At one point he was paying a runner to travel all over London putting bets on in cash at bookies whilst laying it off on line but as you suggest it is a grind and they key is getting new accounts so be prepared to speak nicely to family members, friends etc. and let them open up accounts for you to use but be aware that this isn’t a new thing and the bookies are very conscious of this and will be looking at your betting trends etc. Obviously if you are just nicking a few quid here and there you will probably go under the ray car but as soon as you are consistently winning they will limit your accounts or shut them down.

Horse racing, and especially in play betting, seemed to be where he made his most money but it is imperative that your broadband is lightening quick!

Good luck.
I don't bet a lot so I'm only intending to do the initial sign up offers, maybe a bit more. A couple of grand would be amazing.

bringbackrattles

Was on for 90 quid last night on my accumulator bet, but the Sky Blues let me down. Don't usually bet on us but fancied the home win.

Brighton Sky Blue

At one point he was paying a runner to travel all over London putting bets on in cash at bookies whilst laying it off on line but as you suggest it is a grind and they key is getting new accounts so be prepared to speak nicely to family members, friends etc. and let them open up accounts for you to use but be aware that this isn’t a new thing and the bookies are very conscious of this and will be looking at your betting trends etc. Obviously if you are just nicking a few quid here and there you will probably go under the radar but as soon as you are consistently winning they will limit your accounts or shut them down.

Good luck.

Rinse those twats for all you can I say. They never stop helping themselves to the funds of those who can’t afford to lose them so some payback is fair game. Good on those who grind it out

duffer

I probably made somewhere around 500 doing this a while ago, so it is possible.

When talking about matched betting, in essence I think of this as taking advantage of the bookies free offers.

The way it works is you sign up with a bookies that's offering a "bet £x and we'll give you a free £x bet"

You place the initial bet with the bookies, and then lay the bet (that is, bet on the opposite outcome) on the exchange, usually Betfair.

Unless you're very lucky, this leads to a small loss overall, however you've then got a free bet to play with at the bookies.

You then repeat the process with the free bet, so say back a horse at the bookies, and lay it on the exchange. Whatever the result you're either up at the bookies or up at the exchange. Take off your initial loss, and this is profit.

Then repeat with the next bookie offering matched bets, and so on...

It's a bit fiddly, but there are a few websites that can walk you through it.

However... be aware that it can make your bank nervous if they see a number of gambling transactions going through your account. They won't stop you doing it if you've got the funds, but for things like large personal loan or mortgages applications which can go to underwriters for assessment, they see it as an additional risk. They won't understand it as a profit making enterprise!

For that reason, I'd be tempted to set up a completely separate account with a totally different bank to run this through.

You also need a bit of seed funding for this, maybe a couple of hundred quid. That's mostly to fund your exchange account. It's advantageous to lay at quite high odds sometimes to maximise your profit, so you need a reasonable amount on tap at the exchange to do this.

So, it's do able, but it's quite hard work if you're serious about it.

Most importantly though, if you want to make money rather than lose money, I'd avoid getting pulled into the world of betting for fun, unless it's with money you can afford to lose. There aren't many poor bookmakers. :)

Skybluefaz

I probably made somewhere around 500 doing this a while ago, so it is possible.

When talking about matched betting, in essence I think of this as taking advantage of the bookies free offers.

The way it works is you sign up with a bookies that's offering a "bet £x and we'll give you a free £x bet"

You place the initial bet with the bookies, and then lay the bet (that is, bet on the opposite outcome) on the exchange, usually Betfair.

Unless you're very lucky, this leads to a small loss overall, however you've then got a free bet to play with at the bookies.

You then repeat the process with the free bet, so say back a horse at the bookies, and lay it on the exchange. Whatever the result you're either up at the bookies or up at the exchange. Take off your initial loss, and this is profit.

Then repeat with the next bookie offering matched bets, and so on...

It's a bit fiddly, but there are a few websites that can walk you through it.

However... be aware that it can make your bank nervous if they see a number of gambling transactions going through your account. They won't stop you doing it if you've got the funds, but for things like large personal loan or mortgages applications which can go to underwriters for assessment, they see it as an additional risk. They won't understand it as a profit making enterprise!

For that reason, I'd be tempted to set up a completely separate account with a totally different bank to run this through.

You also need a bit of seed funding for this, maybe a couple of hundred quid. That's mostly to fund your exchange account. It's advantageous to lay at quite high odds sometimes to maximise your profit, so you need a reasonable amount on tap at the exchange to do this.

So, it's do able, but it's quite hard work if you're serious about it.

Most importantly though, if you want to make money rather than lose money, I'd avoid getting pulled into the world of betting for fun, unless it's with money you can afford to lose. There aren't many poor bookmakers. :)
I very rarely bet for fun. Unless it's a pound here or there on a first goalscorer in an England game. Good tip about the bank account. I have a monzo, might do it through there instead of my main account

skyblue1991

I want to give this a go on Boxing Day. Where do I start?

I already have Bet365/William Hill/SKy Bet and Ladbrokes accoutns if that helps.

Skybluefaz

I want to give this a go on Boxing Day. Where do I start?

I already have Bet365/William Hill/SKy Bet and Ladbrokes accoutns if that helps.
If like me you are coming at it with no knowledge I'd suggest doing the walkthrough trials on profit accumulator. You will get the gist and then I suggest doing the £1 for 7 day trial and carry on through the sign up offers. I also didn't have Bet365, SkyBet or Paddy Power. I'm about £175 in profit though now.

Skybluefaz

Had a great day at it yesterday. Paddy power and betfair both gave out 5 quid free bets that could be turned into profit. I had a free bet from a sign up to and layed a price boost for a small instant profit. This brought in about £25. The big bonus was on a free game that is run by virgin bet though. They do this thing where you can reveal a player each day throughout the week so you end up with 5 players, then spin a wheel which dictates the amount of money you can win per goal for any of your players. I had Bruno Fernandes and spun £50 per goal! So that brought me some lovely free money. I also had Olly Watkins but the twat couldn't score even though the villa pissed there game. I also won £14 on some free spins on a slot game. So matched betting and free offers bought in about 90 quid yesterday. Taking me to about £250-£260 in a couple of weeks.

skyblue1991

Gave it a go the last couple of days Made £31 overall but it's not for me.

My cortisol levels rose looking for the next free bet offer, signing up for a new account and then ensruing the odds were correct with the bookie and exchange, then seeing £100+ deposited from my bank on the lay bet just to make £15 (I know it is risk free but doesn't look great). It felt like I had a problem and didn't feel fun at all.

I'd much rather save my money and use it in my stocks and shares ISA. In the meantime I'll continue with my £3 weekly accumulator and hope that comes in, for me that's the fun side!

duffer

Gave it a go the last couple of days Made £31 overall but it's not for me.

My cortisol levels rose looking for the next free bet offer, signing up for a new account and then ensruing the odds were correct with the bookie and exchange, then seeing £100+ deposited from my bank on the lay bet just to make £15 (I know it is risk free but doesn't look great). It felt like I had a problem and didn't feel fun at all.

I'd much rather save my money and use it in my stocks and shares ISA. In the meantime I'll continue with my £3 weekly accumulator and hope that comes in, for me that's the fun side!

Got to appreciate the honesty here. It's not exactly free money, and the reason the bookies do it, of course, is to hook people into a gambling habit.

Having said that, stocks and shares aren't entirely risk free either I suppose (not that I've ever had enough money to take a punt at that).

My main worry in matched betting, was just that I'd make a silly mistake. It took a fair amount of effort and concentration to make it pay, almost like working for a living, and where's the fun in that, eh. :)

skyblue1991

Got to appreciate the honesty here. It's not exactly free money, and the reason the bookies do it, of course, is to hook people into a gambling habit.

Having said that, stocks and shares aren't entirely risk free either I suppose (not that I've ever had enough money to take a punt at that).

My main worry in matched betting, was just that I'd make a silly mistake. It took a fair amount of effort and concentration to make it pay, almost like working for a living, and where's the fun in that, eh. :)

I felt stressed doing matched betting and all for gains of £10/£20/£30 per bet. Really not worth it for me. I know an ISA isn't risk free but I'm rest assured it is being looked after as best as possible in the current market and I'm not spending time or feeling anxious looking at the next matched bet. I'd also agree that with the large quantities of bank deposits you do feel prone to making a mistake.

If you are happy spending some time of your day looking for the next free bet offer and accept its not going to make you a fortune overnight then go for it. Definitely worth a try if you haven't done it before (refer to the URL in this thread, sign up and use the Coral and BetFred new customer bets) but its a fair bit of work in my opinion to sustain it for a long time.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Probably about an hour a day. More at weekends when there tends to be more on offer. I'm just shy of £900 now from when I started and still got a good few sign ups to go.

So what’s that? Just over 2 months doing it, £20/mo costs, say 20 weekday hours plus another what? 10-15 weekend? 35 hours a month, roughly £400/mo profit so just over £11/hr all told. Say £14+ as it’s tax free, more if you’re a higher bracket.

For a job you can do anywhere any time pretty much that’s not bad at all. 🤔

Skybluefaz

So what’s that? Just over 2 months doing it, £20/mo costs, say 20 weekday hours plus another what? 10-15 weekend? 35 hours a month, roughly £400/mo profit so just over £11/hr all told. Say £14+ as it’s tax free, more if you’re a higher bracket.

For a job you can do anywhere any time pretty much that’s not bad at all. 🤔
Yeah it's totally tax free cos it's technically gambling. My aim now is for 300 a month, if I get 'gubbed' on some accounts. Which is where you lose access to the company's free bets type promotions, I can see it drying up. I've lost Boylesports and The Pools so far. Some people claim to make a thousand a month, I believe they are probably doing something called multi accounting which is pretty much what it says on the tin but will get you completely banned if you get found out.

shmmeee

Went to sign up to that site you recommended and forgot I’d blocked gambling payments on my debit card when I was messing about with it (never gamble), now I’ve got to wait three days before I can fund any betting sites.

Skybluefaz

Went to sign up to that site you recommended and forgot I’d blocked gambling payments on my debit card when I was messing about with it (never gamble), now I’ve got to wait three days before I can fund any betting sites.
Probably quite a good time to start with Cheltenham approaching, apparently bookies chuck more offers about during the festival. I very rarely gamble for fun, wouldn't advise anyone with previous issues to get involved in this kind of thing. One thing you do see people say is that a dedicated bank account is recommended if you are applying for a mortgage and that as you will have loads of transactions on your statement that could be dimly viewed by underwriters etc. I don't really give a shit at the minute as I'm not going to be taking credit out for anything significant. Guessing you have already gone through that stuff for your mortgage but something to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread