Matchday ticket prices ?! (2 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Wow, that's quite a hike. From £18 across the board to up to £26 - that's over 40%. You can pay £22 of course, but that's still over 20%.

Family zone is all well and good, but it's not for everyone and not everyone has kids.

The other effect will be a very uneven spread of supporters - likely that the corners will be full and the centre blocks relatively empty which will be odd. ST sales in blocks 18, 19, 21 and 22 already poor in comparison to 17 and 23 as people go for the cheaper option. I wonder what will happen if the standard zone sells out for a game, will they open up more at this price or insist that people pay the higher price until those blocks are sold?

Not going to moan about it too much, but can see a negative impact on attendances, especially if we start poorly.
This is partly why I've always been against having premium zones, have family zone and everywhere else.

If they want to squeeze as much cash as they can out of the supporters which is what having premium zones is all about. I think a better idea would be to have match classifications, i.e a match against Sheffield United will cost more to watch than a match v Fleetwood.

standupforcity

Don't get how I can book individual seats if I have to. If I hover over a seat it gives me the block and seat row but no seat number. Help anyone??! Thanks...

Nick

Administrator
Gillingham - £16 - £25
Millwall - Cat A - £25 - £30 - Cat B - £22 - £27
Bury - £18 - £22
Shrewsbury - £20 - £22
Bradford - £25
Bristol Rovers - £16 (Terrace) - £24
Northampton - £20 - £22 on Matchday
Chesterfield - £22 - £24
Oldham - £20 - £22
Oxford - £18 - £22

SkyBlueCharlie

Gillingham - £16 - £25
Millwall - Cat A - £25 - £30 - Cat B - £22 - £27
Bury - £18 - £22
Shrewsbury - £20 - £22
Bradford - £25
Bristol Rovers - £16 (Terrace) - £24
Northampton - £20 - £22 on Matchday
Chesterfield - £22 - £24
Oldham - £20 - £22
Oxford - £18 - £22

Thanks...so ours are about average at the £22 and slightly higher than average at £26, not too bad a deal really. The Family Zone prices are excellent and hopefully will attract more families.

Nick

Administrator
Thanks...so ours are about average at the £22 and slightly higher than average at £26, not too bad a deal really. The Family Zone prices are excellent and hopefully will attract more families.

Our family zone price is cheaper than all of the ones I looked at. I didn't check every other club so can't say cheapest in the league.

Terry Gibson's perm

I haven't renewed my season ticket as I lost my job just before the end of the early bird and couldn't justify buying one and not prepared to pay the full price now I have a new job and these prices will put me off going to many games.

Nick

Administrator
I haven't renewed my season ticket as I lost my job just before the end of the early bird and couldn't justify buying one and not prepared to pay the full price now I have a new job and these prices will put me off going to many games.

Just get one on Zebra. Still probably better than average in the league aren't we?

Nick

Administrator
That makes it even more though and sitting in block 20 it had already had a good rise.

I think it was more last year was too cheap.

I think on the cheaper ones the interest was about £25 over the year, not too bad really. £30 a month or so which is cheaper than a takeaway.

Brylowes

I think it was more last year was too cheap.

I think on the cheaper ones the interest was about £25 over the year, not too bad really. £30 a month or so which is cheaper than a takeaway.
For the product being offered, I'd say last season was about right,
As for "no pay on gate' surely they could put 1500 on the gate and
make sure they get either the cash or the tickets back.
Don't understand why we put obstacles in the way of boosting
attendances.

Nick

Administrator
For the product being offered, I'd say last season was about right,
As for "no pay on gate' surely they could put 1500 on the gate and
make sure they get either the cash or the tickets back.
Don't understand why we put obstacles in the way of boosting
attendances.
Last season was cheaper than most other teams in the league, it was far too cheap

I can understand if prices go well above average but they aren't

Brylowes

Last season was cheaper than most other teams in the league, it was far too cheap

I can understand if prices go well above average but they aren't
I just thought last year was about right, don't get me wrong I'll pay it and enjoy
it (hopefully) but I think it will put some off.
The "pay on gate" thing worries me more , a lot of people choose to go late
as an impulse decision and this probably rules them out.
Out of interest do other clubs with Ticket master have pay on gate.

Nick

Administrator
I just thought last year was about right, don't get me wrong I'll pay it and enjoy
it (hopefully) but I think it will put some off.
The "pay on gate" thing worries me more , a lot of people choose to go late
as an impulse decision and this probably rules them out.
Out of interest do other clubs with Ticket master have pay on gate.
They still can go later, they just go to the ticket office round the corner to buy rather than the turnstile. With a good system now it should be a quick turnaround.

I'd love them to be much lower, it's an issue with football in general rather than just us though.

Brylowes

How easy it will be to buy on day from ticket office we will have to wait and see, just
think they should make admission to the match as easy as humanly possible.

SkyBlue_Bear83

They still can go later, they just go to the ticket office round the corner to buy rather than the turnstile. With a good system now it should be a quick turnaround.

I'd love them to be much lower, it's an issue with football in general rather than just us though.
Dunno if we get a bit of buzz going I can see it being chaos, 2-3,000 trying to buy tickets from the ticket office 30 minutes from kick off

Brylowes

Dunno if we get a bit of buzz going I can see it being chaos, 2-3,000 trying to buy tickets from the ticket office 30 minutes from kick off
That's the worry isn't it, even a few hundred will cause havoc, if people turn up
and have a negative experience there unlikely to turn up again.
Like I say why not put 1500 on the gate for walk-ups.

Nick

Administrator

I think it would be chaos with 3,000 trying to pay on the gate wouldn't it with 30 minutes until kickoff?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think it would be chaos with 3,000 trying to pay on the gate wouldn't it with 30 minutes until kickoff?
It would be bad enough with several potg turnstiles as well as the match day ticket office. So will be about 4 x worse with just one queue at the ticket office.

chiefdave

Or have 1 gate specifically for pay on gate? Could that work?
We're not the first club to use ticketmaster so you would think they have a vague idea how to operate without it being complete chaos.
Think the main reason they're removing pay on the gate is to stop the money disappearing or the abnormally high percentage of kids and OAPs we seem to get.

Brylowes

We're not the first club to use ticketmaster so you would think they have a vague idea how to operate without it being complete chaos.
Think the main reason they're removing pay on the gate is to stop the money disappearing or the abnormally high percentage of kids and OAPs we seem to get.
Why would money disappear?

chiefdave

Why would money disappear?
People were (allegedly if any of PWKH's family of lawyers are watching!) paying cash on the gate and the money wasn't then being passed over to the club as a ticket hadn't been issued and a sale not registered. A abnormally large percentage of cash sales on the gate that were registered were kids and OAPs.

Brylowes

People were (allegedly if any of PWKH's family of lawyers are watching!) paying cash on the gate and the money wasn't then being passed over to the club as a ticket hadn't been issued and a sale not registered. A abnormally large percentage of cash sales on the gate that were registered were kids and OAPs.
Said earlier one game last season we paid on gate and never received a ticket,
pretty obvious scam but easy to eradicate I would have thought.

Users who are viewing this thread