Matchday ticket prices ?! (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

Been away for a couple of weeks, have they been released ? If not, what is the big secret ?

Nick

Administrator
I don't think there is a secret, they are just usually released closer to the season aren't they?

Ashdown

Why would they be and I think the answer to that is no, we usually know by now. Season starts in about 7 weeks doesn't it ?

Ashdown

If the matchday prices are to be higher, surely it tempts more people to buy an ST ? Are they still grappling with Ticketmaster over handling fees ?

torchomatic

Grrr...I am getting so angry about...stuff.

Reactions: vow

fernandopartridge

The club might wait to see how many season tickets they've sold before deciding how much matchday tickets are. It might be a better way of assuring the budget.

Ashdown

Whatever I guess ?!, I was just thinking that now the fixtures are out, people will start budgeting for various games and days out, booking time off work, scheduling family holidays etc

Nick

Administrator
Whatever I guess ?!, I was just thinking that now the fixtures are out, people will start budgeting for various games and days out, booking time off work, scheduling family holidays etc

If they were going to schedule a day off work and a day out and family holidays, is £2 or £3 difference on a matchday ticket going to matter too much?

Ashdown

If they were going to schedule a day off work and a day out and family holidays, is £2 or £3 difference on a matchday ticket going to matter too much?
Well it does matter to many though, I often paid £18 x 2 last season, what if it's now £24 x 2, just speculation and conjecture but 'information is power' and all that.

Qwerty70

I reckon there will be a large increase in matchday prices. If there is it will be a shame as the '£20 is plenty scheme' was about bang on. My guess is £22 or more.
Me thinks Mr Anderson feels we have been getting things on the cheap.

Brylowes

I reckon there will be a large increase in matchday prices. If there is it will be a shame as the '£20 is plenty scheme' was about bang on. My guess is £22 or more.
Me thinks Mr Anderson feels we have been getting things on the cheap.
Yeah I can't believe we've got away with watching this 'hi-quality' top drawer football
At 'rock bottom' prices, for as long as we have.

stupot07

Has it actually been confirmed or are we just speculating that there's no pay on the gate? Can you pay on the gate at wasps? They use ticketmaster?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

Just to be clear. I wasn't saying pay on the gate has been scraped. I was asking if it has been scraped. Can't see anything on the clubs site saying one way or the other.

Rusty Trombone

The people in the club shop (I know they are outsourced now) said there would be no pay on the gate this season when someone asked them. If it is true then I'm sure the club will change their mind after a few games.

chiefdave

You can still pay on the day according to the website.

ccfc.co.uk said:
Tickets will be available to buy on the day of a game from the Matchday Ticket Office at the Ricoh Arena.

chiefdave

The people in the club shop (I know they are outsourced now) said there would be no pay on the gate this season when someone asked them. If it is true then I'm sure the club will change their mind after a few games.
I think what they mean is you can't hand cash over on the gate. Apparently it doesn't always find its way to the club.

From what I understand there will be a much bigger on the day ticketing operation with ticketmaster staffing it and managing it.

Brylowes

I think what they mean is you can't hand cash over on the gate. Apparently it doesn't always find its way to the club.

From what I understand there will be a much bigger on the day ticketing operation with ticketmaster staffing it and managing it.
The Crewe game early last season we payed on the gate, they were just taking
£20 and letting you in , no tickets handed over.

trondegilsoltvedt97

Twentys Plenty might be a nice principe to try and stick to, but - £2 extra for say 3000 people home and away= £6000 more money. Do that for 23 games... £138k

theferret

Wow, that's quite a hike. From £18 across the board to up to £26 - that's over 40%. You can pay £22 of course, but that's still over 20%.

Family zone is all well and good, but it's not for everyone and not everyone has kids.

The other effect will be a very uneven spread of supporters - likely that the corners will be full and the centre blocks relatively empty which will be odd. ST sales in blocks 18, 19, 21 and 22 already poor in comparison to 17 and 23 as people go for the cheaper option. I wonder what will happen if the standard zone sells out for a game, will they open up more at this price or insist that people pay the higher price until those blocks are sold?

Not going to moan about it too much, but can see a negative impact on attendances, especially if we start poorly.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So they are going to keep the away tickets capped at £20? Not a chance imo

All the other teams are quick enough to fleece Coventry fans when we're travelling away so I have no problem with us ripping off away fans travelling to the Ricoh anyway.

I remember last season the club were trying to get other league one teams to lower there away prices for Coventry fans only (as a way of returning the favour for cheap tickets at the Ricoh) and they refused so fuck em' I say.

Users who are viewing this thread