Match Thread... (2 Viewers)

deanocity3

We just passed it before emergency services arrives.

Motor cyclist off bike. Must have been doing some speed with the distance between the rider and the bike! I didn't see him go past coach but someone mentioned as we approached 'I bet it was that motorcyclist that just past us' so I imagine they may have been riding it a little dangerously (for a comment / assumption to have been made).

Looked to be medics with him but not in a marked car. Looked lucky that medical professionals were near by.

was it fisher and gromit

covcity4life

gutting result, did so well to get back into it and sounds like we made loads of chances

shame we were undone by a situation we all knew was not ideal

heres hoping pressley can sig some players and maybe we can stay up

SkyBlue_Bear83

gutting result, did so well to get back into it and sounds like we made loads of chances

shame we were undone by a situation we all knew was not ideal

heres hoping pressley can sig some players and maybe we can stay up
Two new centre halves and some luck with injuries and we should stay up imo

stupot07

Just seen the goals:

1) what kind of tackle was that fleck?
2) who was tracking (or evidently not) the midfield runner for the third?

Sky Blue Harry H

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but on the CWR interview, SP said that he hoped to get in one or two (at the most) in if / when the embargo was lifted, but had originally wanted 6 to 7. Is this as a result of the Northampton move and TF/Otium has altered his budget. We've got absolutely naff all chance of dodging the bullet if he's only allowed to get in e.g. Manset (know I've spelt it wrong, but can't be arsed to look it up) plus one other (presume centre back, so much for the pacy winger we were after!). Our squad won't have a cat in hell's chance if we get one or two injuries. Haven't heard properly yet (just got in) - did one of our CBs go off (injured)??

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but on the CWR interview, SP said that he hoped to get in one or two (at the most) in if / when the embargo was lifted, but had originally wanted 6 to 7. Is this as a result of the Northampton move and TF/Otium has altered his budget. We've got absolutely naff all chance of dodging the bullet if he's only allowed to get in e.g. Manset (know I've spelt it wrong, but can't be arsed to look it up) plus one other (presume centre back, so much for the pacy winger we were after!). Our squad won't have a cat in hell's chance if we get one or two injuries. Haven't heard properly yet (just got in) - did one of our CBs go off (injured)??

Yea Willis went off injured and Phillips came on

skybluepm2

We just passed it before emergency services arrives.

Motor cyclist off bike. Must have been doing some speed with the distance between the rider and the bike! I didn't see him go past coach but someone mentioned as we approached 'I bet it was that motorcyclist that just past us' so I imagine they may have been riding it a little dangerously (for a comment / assumption to have been made).

Looked to be medics with him but not in a marked car. Looked lucky that medical professionals were near by.

You lucky sod..they closed the road and I lost two hours of my life sitting on a motorway wall reminiscing on funny Fisher chants whilst they airlifted him off the Tarmac. Was 130 miles away at 7:30

skybluepm2

didn't you checkout the other cars looking for tim?

I was sort of hoping it was Tim driving the motorcycle if I'm honest Deano, giving Waggott a backy back to Northampton.

I would've certainly given the air ambulance a wave as it flew overhead

Spionkop

Someone asked about ratings.
My take is ...
Murphy 6 (exposed by inexperienced defenders in front of him, saved us more than once, wish he'd taken the player out just outside the box for their winner, he had a chance to do that).
Christie 5 (Put a shift in, gets channelled out wide too easily.
Adams 4 (I like him but not today. Didn't get forward enough in first half. Part of a hopelessly inexperienced defence.)
Jordan Willis 3 (Thrown in, unfair on him, exposed. But no question his inclusion cost us. He'll get better.)
Jordan Clark 5 (Not tall or physical enough, did his best, but too much for him, the old man of the defence at, what, 21?)
Carl Baker 4 (Not the Carl Baker I know, got better in 2nd half, went down the line & crossed. Didn't look 100% at times. Daily Mail story?)
Connor Thomas 2 (hate criticising young players, but woeful today)
Moussa 1 (was he playing?)
Fleck 4 (played almost on his own in midfield)
Callum Wilson 6 (pacy, no service of any note for him, SP's tactics don't do him any favours, missed a difficult one on one)
Clark 1 (no link up, perhaps 2 efforts at goal, if the Daily Mail are to be believed, didn't look interested)

johnwillomagic

Do people who went to the game agree with sp comment that we should have got a point or won match? Or alternatively overall did Crawley deserve the win?
Just wondering if SP has his sky blue spectacles on or not! Cheers

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It's was flecks poor attempt of a tackle that proctor goal, although not being there I didn't see the whole build up.

Just seen the goals again and have to agree with you Stu. Thomas attempt to control the ball in the middle of the park was poor, but there was ample of time for a challenge to be made between him losing possession and them scoring. And Flecks attempt at a challenge was feeble to say the least

sw88

Chief Commentator!
You lucky sod..they closed the road and I lost two hours of my life sitting on a motorway wall reminiscing on funny Fisher chants whilst they airlifted him off the Tarmac. Was 130 miles away at 7:30

I've always wondered what it's like to be In stand still traffic and people just randomly stand on the motor way. Wouldn't fancy doing it for 2 hours mind! (Random, I know :) )

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Do people who went to the game agree with sp comment that we should have got a point or won match? Or alternatively overall did Crawley deserve the win?
Just wondering if SP has his sky blue spectacles on or not! Cheers

We do e very well to come back from 2 down. And Crawley were woeful at the back so we could have potentially gone on to sneak another. But for how badly they were defensive, we were equally as bad at both ends of the pitch. We just weren't good enough to take advantage of their downfall.

I would have been happy with a 2-2 draw. But it wasn't to be.

Don't think our LB linked up well enough with LM, and the same said for the RB / RM.

Midfield either too high up the pitch when should have been defending, or too far back when should have been attacking.

Towards the end, Leon ended up putting a great ball into the box but because he was in a midfielders position, and no one took up a position where he should have been as the target man, only Wilson was in the box, and was too close to Clarke so it went to waste. At that point I knew our game was over :(

johnwillomagic

Cheers SW88 for feedback. Bloody difficult I know with all oing on but felt we should at least have got a point out of this one. I think Crawley will be down there at the end of the season scrapping with us........we will see.

We now have to try to beat Bristol City to get up and running, I see them as one of the best sides in the league so it does not get any easier!! :(

LJC_CCFC

Murphy 7 - Dependable as always

Christie 8 - Always a class attacking threat, his future is at a much higher level

Willis 6 - Nerves got the better of him first half, big learning curve for this season

Clarke 6 - Did as good as a full back playing at centre half alongside a rookie could tbh, played one class ball to Cyrus second half.

Adams 6 - Easing himself back in after injury and as a result not at his attacking best, hesitated when on the attack that then lead to Crawley's winner

Baker 6 - Mixed game for the skipper, don't think his head was all there first half. We need another huge season from him if we are to survive

Thomas 4 - Can't play in a midfield two, needs to play in defensive midfield or he gives nothing. What Liverpool saw in him I will never know and why Barton wasn't given at least 20 at the end is baffling.

Fleck 5 - Some clever touches and passes, but an enigma, is there a player in there? Like Thomas can't function in a midfield two needs to be in the hole or in a three

Moussa 8 - Class player who we heavily rely on for creativity, like Baker his input of goals and assists will be vital

Clarke 6 - Big Leon really doesn't offer much apart from scoring, didn't really get a sniff today and didn't get the best service. We need to utilise him so much more

Wilson 8 - SHOCKER player with pace is good, ran all day and took his goal well and should have had more. Real talent this lad

Pressley 6 - 4-4-2 isn't the way forward and not what he played at Falkirk, perhaps he doesn't want to leave one of Wilson and Clarke out. Nevertheless 4-2-3-1 is what we succeeded with last year and Pressley supposedly loves playing out from the back, so we need to see it imo

Nice day out tbh, pitch invaders are mindless idiots and were the only negative apart from the result.

FRY-CCFC

Murphy – 6 Christie – 8 Willis – 4 J. Clarke – 4 Adams – 6 Baker – 6 Thomas – 3 Fleck – 5 Moussa – 6 Wilson – 7 L. Clarke – 5 -

LJC_CCFC

Thomas 4 - Can't play in a midfield two, needs to play in defensive midfield or he gives nothing. What Liverpool saw in him I will never know and why Barton wasn't given at least 20 at the end is baffling.

Dat year progression doe

shmmeee

Willis seems to have come on though, so there that.

Also: the amount of low marks Leon Clarke got.

Users who are viewing this thread