Match Thread Match thread - F a cup 3rd round - Bristol Rovers (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Delete if you want to do so nick

Predictions, team, expectations?

Can see a few changes but what do others think?

Really winnable game I reckon

Gibbo

Goalie tick
Back 3 tick
midfield 4 tick
Front 3 Perm two from Shipley, Allen, Westbrooke, O'Hare, and one from Godden or Baka
I'd consider resting the front three as a block after their recent efforts. League comes first

shmmeee

Goalie tick
Back 3 tick
midfield 4 tick
Front 3 Perm two from Shipley, Allen, Westbrooke, O'Hare, and one from Godden or Baka
I'd consider resting the front three as a block after their recent efforts. League comes first

No way you rest Godden right now.

no_loyalty

I'd usually say rest some key players, but as we have won the last three games with the same starting lineup, I'd keep it the same.

SkyblueTexan

Tough call. Tempted to rest key players like Godden, Kelly, Shipley, Fadz etc. and rotate the squad a little to give others (like Hiwula, Mason, Allen, O'Hare, Baka) more minutes and freshen things up a bit. For me. league is priority #1 and then comes the cup (although I know we need the money from a good cup run).

shmmeee

Don’t want to drop the quality too much but do need to give some players some minutes and don’t really care about the cup. Maybe:

Marosi
Rose McFadz Hyam
Dabo Kelly Allen Mason
O’Hare Hiwula
Godden

If Pask was fit I’d put him into the back three. Not sure about Williams but maybe as hell have two others alongside him. Bring Godden off for Baka on 60 (unless he’s on a hat trick)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd use this as a chance to rest a few in a hectic period even though I don't want to upset the momentum. Nice that there are players to do it with that you're still confident can do the same job. Might change the keeper as well just to keep Wilson up to speed. Pask to come in for one of the back three depending on who the metrics say needs it most (given age probably Fadz but would miss his leadership). Only one I wouldn't change is Godden to try and keep him in goalscoring form, even though I'm concerned after his injury.

Wilson
Pask.....Hyam.....Rose
Dabo......Kelly........Walsh.......Mason
Allen........O'Hare
Godden

Subs: Marosi, Fadz, McCallum, Shipley, Westbrooke, Baka, Hiwula (Biamou if fit)​

Liquid Gold

We have a week before the following game and will still have played less than Rovers. The players will be desperate to be back out there. Play our strongest team.

Paxman II

Tough decision. I'd obviously bring in Allen and O'Hare. Max up top with Godden on the bench. Kelly deserves a rest but must keep Walsh in. Morosi is a keeper no ecuse for a rest. McFaz maybe a rest and young McCallum. Can't change too much but to play the same side would be wrong given the opportunity to rest and save a few. We have a strong squad so use it and rotate a few.
We should have enough to win but won't be upset if we get knocked out.

Gint11

Absolutely 100% don’t rest players. We are high on confidence and wins keeps jay momentum. We also have a chance to get through, earn money and a big draw. Unchanged team for me

fatso

I'd rest as many as possible. Not bothered about the F.A. cup this season. Sure the money would be great, and a big club at home would be great for the fans etc etc, but weigh that up with the needless risk of Godden or Kelly picking up a hamstring injury or something worse, and we'd all be wondering if it was worth it.
With a lot of important league games coming up, on very heavy pitches, I'd give the lads a break, and just concentrate on "operation promotion"

Bugsy

itsabuzzard

I'd rest as many as possible. Not bothered about the F.A. cup this season. Sure the money would be great, and a big club at home would be great for the fans etc etc, but weigh that up with the needless risk of Godden or Kelly picking up a hamstring injury or something worse, and we'd all be wondering if it was worth it.
With a lot of important league games coming up, on very heavy pitches, I'd give the lads a break, and just concentrate on "operation promotion"
I'd go for this. Keep main men on bench unless the team struggles. Impress on Godden that he's being rested for bigger things. Unless it's a coincidence, the Boxing Day rest didn't do us any harm at all.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Gibbo

I'd use this as a chance to rest a few in a hectic period even though I don't want to upset the momentum. Nice that there are players to do it with that you're still confident can do the same job. Might change the keeper as well just to keep Wilson up to speed. Pask to come in for one of the back three depending on who the metrics say needs it most (given age probably Fadz but would miss his leadership). Only one I wouldn't change is Godden to try and keep him in goalscoring form, even though I'm concerned after his injury.

Wilson
Pask.....Hyam.....Rose
Dabo......Kelly........Walsh.......Mason
Allen........O'Hare
Godden

Subs: Marosi, Fadz, McCallum, Shipley, Westbrooke, Baka, Hiwula (Biamou if fit)​
Pask for McF is a good shout

Londonccfcfan

Marosi
Pask
Mcfadz
Hyam
Rose
Mason
Kelly
Allen
Shipley
Ohare
Godden....give him 60 at least.

Important to give game time to the bench. Without really weakening team.
Mason
Pask
Ohare
Allen

AOM

Don’t want to drop the quality too much but do need to give some players some minutes and don’t really care about the cup. Maybe:

Marosi
Rose McFadz Hyam
Dabo Kelly Allen Mason
O’Hare Hiwula
Godden

If Pask was fit I’d put him into the back three. Not sure about Williams but maybe as hell have two others alongside him. Bring Godden off for Baka on 60 (unless he’s on a hat trick)

I'd go with a similar line up...
Still feel Hiwula can contribute a lot this season, and it seems to be more of a confidence issue rather than ability with him.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd give O'Hare and Allen a start and let Mason play for McCallum. If Max was fit, I'd give Godden a break too. it would be madness to aggravate anything when we have a strong enough squad to be able to win this without him. Bristol have a shed load of injuries.

covcity4life

Id put allen in for 1 of the midfield 4

Maybe baka for godden

If dabo needs a rest thrn now good time to do it

Still a team that could progress

Users who are viewing this thread