Match Thread Match thread - F a cup 3rd round - Bristol Rovers (1 Viewer)

usskyblue

Thought McCallum was excellent today. This might sound harsh on Mason but McCallum’s influence on the game seemed highlighted when Mason replaced him. I haven’t seen much of Mason so there’s no criticism from me. I just noticed how much we missed McCallum when he went off.

shmmeee

Mason looked well off the pace. Not surprised McCallum has nicked his spot on that showing.

SlowerThanPlatt

I make today’s game our 33rd of the season. We have lost 5, inc one to a prem team.

That’s got to be up there with % games unbeaten in my life time

Is it not 6?

3 in the league, Watford, MK Dons and Forest Green on pens.

So:
W: 14
D: 13
L: 6

I think

Frostie

Is it not 6?

3 in the league, Watford, MK Dons and Forest Green on pens.

So:
D: 13
L: 6

I think

FGR counts as a draw as does the Walsall shootout that we won.

D: 14
L: 5

The Tranmere defeat was a freak, could/should have won by 4 or 5.
Missed a lot of gilt edged chances when well on top in some of those draws too.

clint van damme

Thought McCallum was excellent today. This might sound harsh on Mason but McCallum’s influence on the game seemed highlighted when Mason replaced him. I haven’t seen much of Mason so there’s no criticism from me. I just noticed how much we missed McCallum when he went off.

Mason normally performs much better than that to be fair to him. He looked well off it yesterday, perhaps to be expected given he hasn't being playing.

CovInEssex

I was in the home end today. Their fans were really getting frustrated because we were dominating possession especially in 2nd half. they were very complimentary about us and one bloke reckoned he was putting £20 on us to win the league as we were the best team he’d seen by a long way.

This gets said time and time again by op fans, means fuck all if we actually get somewhere

Sky Blue Pete

Changed my mind about penalty. It’s a terrible touch from mcfadzean. If he controls it it’s risky but cool. The pass is dangerous by Walsh and they are professional footballers

Sick Boy

Changed my mind about penalty. It’s a terrible touch from mcfadzean. If he controls it it’s risky but cool. The pass is dangerous by Walsh and they are professional footballers

It was a bad ball by Walsh but it was all completely avoidable

Esoterica

Looked like the touch of someone who had switched off, never expecting to receive the ball in that position.

Magwitch

It was a right calamity from goalkeeper to Walsh to Mcfadzean, to be honest I think Marosi should have put the ball into row Z.

SkyBlueSoul

A match between two League 1 teams is hardly going to be top of a neutral's list.

It was mostly meant tongue-in-cheek. I didn’t say we should have been first, just implied we should have been higher than last.

I realise I have sky blue-tinted glasses on and you’re right but seeing games like Liverpool v Everton up top “because it’s the Merseyside derby” just frustrates me. It was Liverpool’s U23’s essentially and ended 1-0 with a wonder goal, not much else.

For what it’s worth I’d have put Sheff Utd v Fylde first. 100+ place gap, non-league team putting up a decent fight and coming close to getting a replay. That’s what the FA Cup’s about.

Users who are viewing this thread