Match thread - Crewe (2 Viewers)

dadgad

If Crewe are a tinpot club then so are we, surely?!

That's for sure. What amazes me is that season after season we get slightly worse.....it is inexorable and undeniable and yet perhaps because of optimism? or because some think our owners are good for the club ???:facepalm:they still think we are about to turn it around.
This is NOT going to happen.

Brighton Sky Blue

For example take this pea brains quote^.

If we're tinpot than you must be really shite :laugh: we've just done the double over you in the league and beat you over 2 legs to get to Wembley! Cheers! :claping hands:

See above quote.

rupert_bear

We desperately need freshening up. We need 2-3 loan players in to give the place a kick up the arse! I dont know why they havent done this !!
Shouldn't be a problem just need to ask Steve Waggott after all he is on record saying all Carsley needs to do is ask and he will help all he can

Grendel

For example take this pea brains quote^.

If we're tinpot than you must be really shite :laugh: we've just done the double over you in the league and beat you over 2 legs to get to Wembley! Cheers! :claping hands:

Most of our fans believe because we have one of the biggest budgets in the league we must have one if the better teams.

We haven't. I suspect only one of the back 4 would get into your team. A lot if the players we have are very average even by this leagues standards.

There seemed to be an air of delusion that teams would run out if steam and our big squad would take us through. The squad though is poor. Some think when we bring players on like fleck away fans will quake with fear. All it really does is give them a good laugh.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
How bad was Cameron's defending today? Im sure if he shaved his head it would show a 50p share on top!

That said we were desperately short of CB's today and id rather a natural CB play ahead of Jordan Clarke in that position! Was caught out terribly for the second goal too

Brighton Sky Blue

Most of our fans believe because we have one of the biggest budgets in the league we must have one if the better teams.

We haven't. I suspect only one of the back 4 would get into your team. A lot if the players we have are very average even by this leagues standards.

There seemed to be an air of delusion that teams would run out if steam and our big squad would take us through. The squad though is poor. Some think when we bring players on like fleck away fans will quake with fear. All it really does is give them a good laugh.

Not wanting to stay in this league isn't delusion.

Grendel

Not wanting to stay in this league isn't delusion.

It is with the players we signed.

Our fate was sealed when the Board didn't tell the Clueless One to find his own way home from Southampton. To allow him to prepare a squad and pick players when he clearly is incapable of either was a joke.

All of his signings were garbage, only Jennings is even remotely capable of performing at League One level.

Brighton Sky Blue

Our fate was sealed when the Board didn't tell the Clueless One to find his own way home from Southampton. To allow him to prepare a squad and pick players when he clearly is incapable of either was a joke.

All of his signings were garbage, only Jennings is even remotely capable of performing at League One level.

This is correct, but isn't why I'm frustrated. I'm just annoyed at how poor the club has become.

SkyblueBazza

That I cannot agree with. We have a great away record & have got to the JPT Area Final. It's simply that we have not found the answer as to the question "Why are we such a soft touch at home?"

SkyBlue_Bear83

I hope that's the last time we ever see Cameron up front

Need an appointment soon, one who wants to play football. We were totally lost going forward today, no movement or creativity.

stupot07

] I hope that's the last time we ever see Cameron up front

Need an appointment soon, one who wants to play football. We were totally lost going forward today, no movement or creativity.

You do know that Cameron is a centre half?????

GaryPendrysEyes

And that's after 5 years of SISU. Well done you just imploded :claping hands:

Covstu

We need a big shake up, we are far too inconsistent to get out of this league, we play well away and awful at home. We have played well in games and lost, we creat far too many chances and miss them. I think we are out of reach of the playoffs now (not mathematically), we have some tough games to play coming up and we cannot keep losing to poor sides like today.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Clarke has just said 'there were a few tired bodies out there today'.

Coincidence that we're showing signs of tiredness since Robins nicked the fitness coach? So much for players having their own plans to work on! Surely they couldn't have forgot what he had them doing in a couple of weeks.....

GaryPendrysEyes

Good season/Bad season

Thorn fiasco in the Summer
Lowest league position for over 30 years
Lowest home gate for over 30 years
Rent Fiasco
Robins Fiasco
Even SISU apologists like Grendel saying we still have a shit team (after 5 years of Sisu).

In context it aint been great has it?-- but being Cov fans we enjoy a rare winning run and a rare (mickey mouse) cup run.
Next year, much optimism about??? I'd settle for 1 flair player and a manager who can show us some/any small piece of consistent positive progress....

Covstu

I think SISU need to put us all out of our misery, sort the ground out. We can never move on properly until we know what our potential income is (or isn't). You can then plan for what happens on the pitch.

SkyblueBazza

Good season/Bad season

Thorn fiasco in the Summer
Lowest league position for over 30 years
Lowest home gate for over 30 years
Rent Fiasco
Robins Fiasco
Even SISU apologists like Grendel saying we still have a shit team (after 5 years of Sisu).

In context it aint been great has it?-- but being Cov fans we enjoy a rare winning run and a rare (mickey mouse) cup run.
Next year, much optimism about??? I'd settle for 1 flair player and a manager who can show us some/any small piece of consistent positive progress....

Why do people refer to JPT as a "mickey mouse" cup? It's where we are at & the only realistic opportunity, where we are at, for Clubs/Fans/Players to go to Wembley & win something...a prize...revenue! Don't knock it.

Nonleagueherewecome

This ref is dire! Unless he swore at lino, theres no way Jenkinson deserved a booking

As fir the Edge challenge on their man in the box, ive seen ones given for shoulder barges (rightly or wrongly).

Also their man escaping a yellow for blatantly kicking the ball away id just ridiculous. Rules are rules

Curious, my mate also called Dickinson Jenkinson throughout the match. Why is that? I haven't seen him do any of Leigh's step-over trademark shimmy's!

Nonleagueherewecome

Jennings is just a passenger. Would like to see Mouss or Fleck in his place.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

All the critcism for Bailey I could understand, but we thought Jennings was our best player today by some distance! And Sheff-bashers are out in force yet again I see: he was our most creative player by far 1st half, created several good opportunities-one of which Leon should have buried-and yes, showed great pace and determination to keep that ball from Dickinson in on the byline! Some people just hate blindly, don't they? :mad:

Nonleagueherewecome

Just hit the post

Just before Elliott hit the woodwork, I jest ye not:

Me: "Elliott works his guts out, but he needs a goal."
My mate: "Yeah but he's been so unlucky-how many times has he hit the woodwork this season?"
Me: "Fair point, at least once a game in the last three home gam..."
Both: "Ohhh F*** BOLLOCKS, HE'S DONE IT AGAIN!!!"

Nonleagueherewecome

Erm, i dont know. That awkward moment you have to explain your stupidity and cant blame autocorrect.....

But for two people who have never met to do the same thing..there must be some logic to it! I know you aren't him as he's watching the rugby in a pub..in Rugby ;)

rob9872

Just before Elliott hit the woodwork, I jest ye not:

Me: "Elliott works his guts out, but he needs a goal."
My mate: "Yeah but he's been so unlucky-how many times has he hit the woodwork this season?"
Me: "Fair point, at least once a game in the last three home gam..."
Both: "Ohhh F*** BOLLOCKS, HE'S DONE IT AGAIN!!!"

Remember juke two seasons ago? Very similar.

As for type ofvseason i'd say not good or bad but certainly more exciting than for many years.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
But for two people who have never met to do the same thing..there must be some logic to it! I know you aren't him as he's watching the rugby in a pub..in Rugby ;)

Very odd indeed.

Arsenal have a Jenkinson play at right back for them (not sure why; hes dire for the level of football you'd expect at Arsenal). His first name might be Carl so maybe thats where we're getting confused.......

ohitsaidwalker king power

We lack pace as a team.... no real individual pace to get in behind teams going forward.... no real pace at the back to cut out the quick break.
Midfield today for me lacked any real creativity and was often ponderous.. Bailey was poor.. Jennings better second half with two good attempts at goal. Baker and Macca.... the latter the better of the two and showed more first half... Baker faded badly second half I thought and looked jaded -needs a rest maybe, trouble is who do you play on the right?
It looks like we will come up short this year.. frustrating but the probable, regrettable reality.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
We lack pace as a team.... no real individual pace to get in behind teams going forward.... no real pace at the back to cut out the quick break.
Midfield today for me lacked any real creativity and was often ponderous.. Bailey was poor.. Jennings better second half with two good attempts at goal. Baker and Macca.... the latter the better of the two and showed more first half... Baker faded badly second half I thought and looked jaded -needs a rest maybe, trouble is who do you play on the right?
It looks like we will come up short this year.. frustrating but the probable regrettable reality.

We've lacked pace for the past two seasons. Ironically the same time David bell has been out injured. Coincidence? ;)

Joking aside, we have never really had a pacey squad. Hopefully thats something any new manager will realise and change

Nonleagueherewecome

Very odd indeed.

Arsenal have a Jenkinson play at right back for them (not sure why; hes dire for the level of football you'd expect at Arsenal). His first name might be Carl so maybe thats where we're getting confused.......

Bingo, that's it, full-backs called Carl! And hasn't Jenkinson had a few England call-ups? Are we that crap now? :(

Nonleagueherewecome

We've lacked pace for the past two seasons. Ironically the same time David bell has been out injured. Coincidence? ;)

Joking aside, we have never really had a pacey squad. Hopefully thats something any new manager will realise and change

Belly makes everyone else look faster ;)

Users who are viewing this thread