Match thread City v Tranmere (1 Viewer)

Sky Blues

Great win tonight, don't get me wrong, but lets just calm down slightly.
Lots of sides with games in hand over us.
I probably sound like a manager's post game interview, but we really should just concentrate on us at the moment and steer clear of looking too hard at the table.
PUSB.

You're right, but to be fair to CovisGod he is making a factual statement. We are, as the table stands, 3 points off 6th. He didn't say we're going to win the league.

SkyBlueCharlie

Good result. Another step forward but it's still a long road to the end of the season but continue like this and the playoffs do seem a reasonable possibility.

Mucca Mad Boys

So true Taylor

Murphy super save apparently

It sounded it!

Relieved isn't the word right now.

Had to take a break from revision because of the adrenalin!

2 big pluses today, we kept a clean sheet, and Clarke scored. Great test of our resolve.

SkyBlueCharlie

One thing I have learnt from tonight is that it's damn near impossible to type on a 7" tablet when your fingers are so cold as to seem to be somewhere else!

Mucca Mad Boys

One thing I have learnt from tonight is that it's damn near impossible to type on a 7" tablet when your fingers are so cold as to seem to be somewhere else!

Although I'm on a tablet, in a warm house, I wish I was supporting my team in the terraces, regardless of weather. I have to get my priorities straight though, if I fail to get a good eduction and good job, I won't have the income to get STs as I do.

Nick

Administrator
Anyone catch who Robins referred to about us looking to "make him out player within 24 hours"? Just caught the end part of that interview!

Im assuming Adams and it will be a permanent contract?

Yep he said hopefullly!

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Get the touch screen gloves! They work but takes you forever to type long messages!

When I first used mine i was amazed they actually worked (thought they'd just be a con, trying to get touchscreen users to buy em) but using tem more often ive figured its sometimes easier just to risk getting cold if you typing alot! ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

Although I'm on a tablet, in a warm house, I wish I was supporting my team in the terraces, regardless of weather. I have to get my priorities straight though, if I fail to get a good eduction and good job, I won't have the income to get STs as I do.

Good education has thus far failed to help me in the jobs arena!

SkyBlueCharlie

Spot on! Good luck for tomorrow.

SkyBlueCharlie

Get the touch screen gloves! They work but takes you forever to type long messages!

When I first used mine i was amazed they actually worked (thought they'd just be a con, trying to get touchscreen users to buy em) but using tem more often ive figured its sometimes easier just to risk getting cold if you typing alot! ;)

This is going a bit off topic but thanks, I'll have a look at them.

Mucca Mad Boys

Good education has thus far failed to help me in the jobs arena!

I have a job, just not a particularly desirable job. I suppose I could work my way up the ladder if I get a degree etc. (for some posts, you need to be 'educated'), but I'm not interested in that. You gotta' do what you gotta do!

Good luck, what kind of jobs are you looking for? Chemist?

Mucca Mad Boys

NO WAY! What a great invention! I'm getting some!

Brighton Sky Blue

I have a job, just not a particularly desirable job. I suppose I could work my way up the ladder if I get a degree etc. (for some posts, you need to be 'educated'), but I'm not interested in that. You gotta' do what you gotta do!

Good luck, what kind of jobs are you looking for? Chemist?

Pharmaceutical companies aren't hiring, so anything chemical is in the oil or consumer health industries. Non chemical careers also an option but I'd like to use my degree more directly. Anyway, back on topic :)

dadgad

Pharmaceutical companies aren't hiring, so anything chemical is in the oil or consumer health industries. Non chemical careers also an option but I'd like to use my degree more directly.

Well aware that the Big Pharma is struggling - society has become suspicious of the "pill a day" reliance of a decade or two ago.
Sadly this is an industry that spends more on packaging than research. :facepalm:
Good luck anyway

torchomatic

Great result. The team played well. I was particularly impressed by McSheff and Clarke. Great save from Murphy too.

Glad to be back in the warm.

Sky Blues

They are pretty clever but like i say they're more suited to using basic things on the phone, I.e unlocking, making calls, quick texts etc!

I've got a pair too. They're great (if a little thin for really cold weather) but it is oh so easy to hit the wrong letter with them on small touch screens.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well aware that the Big Pharma is struggling - society has become suspicious of the "pill a day" reliance of a decade or two ago.
Sadly this is an industry that spends more on packaging than research. :facepalm:
Good luck anyway

Indeed-research is the work of smaller firms, and with patents expiring all over the shop it's not promising.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If Tranmere get promoted it will be an absolute disaster, one of the worse teams to play at the Ricoh for the first 70 mins. Two donkeys at centre half, a midfield who struggle to pass the ball 5 yards an strikers with a terrible touch

I was shocked by how poor they were, for the first 65 mins we were ok, not great but completely out played them because of how poor they were

hill83

Just got back. My hands and feet are in absolute bits from the cold. Worth it though.

Murphy
Edge
Clarke

My stand out performers today.
I love a 1-0 win.

ccfc_Tom

Elliot was class again when he came on! I'd start him next game against Oldham over Moussa. Great touch, good movement, finds people in space and he doesn't lose the ball..also has a goal in him.

Users who are viewing this thread