Massive clear out needed. (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

AND A LOT AREN'T, LIKE ME. Btw there's nothing free re: bus passes, prescriptions etc, like countless others I've worked since I was 16 until well over retirement age (yes aren't I lucky I kept down a job(s) for such a long time) and paid my taxes (and still paying tax on my modest private pension I might add) and National Insurance so I reckon northwards of 50 years I've paid my bit, I'm no scrounger, I'm no money bags old c**t who wants everything that's going for sweet fa.
Wait till you're my age and see whether you still feel the way you do now.
I reckon I was brought up in the wrong era because when I was young I didn't have any rights and now I'm old I still don't have any.
Look at the discounts offered to students, have you got any opinions on that? Tax credits, child benefits, income support, housing benefits the list is endless, you telling me that those people are loaded and don't need help?
And don't get me started on how we treat those that have served this country and have fallen on hard times.
Boy, I wouldn't want to live in your world.
I'm pretty sure a study said that the post-war generation were the best generation to be in terms of financial improvement as they have had the NHS, the sell off of council houses and the most generous state/private pensions and assistance package than any other generation before. Future generations will be much worse off and are likely to have much worse job security and pay.

Of course many will have spent a lifetime working and paying in, but many people now will also pay in for many years and not see half of those benefits, and those they do receive they'll have to wait longer for.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Tickets will go up anyway

can see it being £500 for an adult ST next year, all prices will jump up too

Probably a flat rate of about £28 a game for on the day aswell

Either way I cant see us matching this years record sales. I'm 80% certain I wont renew next year, I'm struggling to justify it in the current economic climate. Me and the kids with ST's and shirts next year probably looking at £700 plus and thats not a small amount to bang on a credit card
It's going to be a hard sell to massively increase prices during a cost of living crisis and possible recession. Especially if our best players are being sold and we have an uncertain summer rebuild ahead of us.

Surely there has to be a point where the game turns round and tells players their pay levels are unaffordable. I like the fact that it's an industry where the workers take home a significant amount of the revenue generated, but a lot of clubs below PL are spending more than comes in and something has to give.

I don't want something as draconian as a salary cap but more has to be done to get salaries more in line with revenues.

slowpoke

I'm pretty sure a study said that the post-war generation were the best generation to be in terms of financial improvement as they have had the NHS, the sell off of council houses and the most generous state/private pensions and assistance package than any other generation before. Future generations will be much worse off and are likely to have much worse job security and pay.

Of course many will have spent a lifetime working and paying in, but many people now will also pay in for many years and not see half of those benefits, and those they do receive they'll have to wait longer for.
Remember all that at the next General Election.

Grendel

It's going to be a hard sell to massively increase prices during a cost of living crisis and possible recession. Especially if our best players are being sold and we have an uncertain summer rebuild ahead of us.

Surely there has to be a point where the game turns round and tells players their pay levels are unaffordable. I like the fact that it's an industry where the workers take home a significant amount of the revenue generated, but a lot of clubs below PL are spending more than comes in and something has to give.

I don't want something as draconian as a salary cap but more has to be done to get salaries more in line with revenues.

Football season tickets in this league aren’t expensive at all - even £500 is just over £20 a game. It’s £23 to watch CRFC

this delusion Coventry people need cheaper and freebies has to stop

chiefdave

Football season tickets in this league aren’t expensive at all - even £500 is just over £20 a game. It’s £23 to watch CRFC

I don't know why people expect us to be the cheapest in the league for everything but also give the manager a decent budget to work with.

Season ticket prices seem to have hardly increased going back years now. Just looked up 10 years ago. They were £276 in the family zone, £345 in standard and £391 in premium. Even if the only increase was inflation they'd be over £500 now.

Grendel

I don't know why people expect us to be the cheapest in the league for everything but also give the manager a decent budget to work with.

Season ticket prices seem to have hardly increased going back years now. Just looked up 10 years ago. They were £276 in the family zone, £345 in standard and £391 in premium. Even if the only increase was inflation they'd be over £500 now.

Im sure it was £450 when they had different prices in different areas of tbe ground in the early Ricoh seasons

napolimp

I think most fans are going to attend regardless of the price, as long as the amount doesn't get stupid. Maybe it would affect concessions if people feel as though they have less to spend though?

I do wonder how many people out there would actually have to make the decision to stop going if prices were put up.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Worrying that Robins has said the wage bill won’t go up under King because it’s got to match turnover. Feels like that’s what’s really holding us back.

The budget doesn't necessarily need to be massively increased. The core issue that needs addressing first is it ultimately needs to be utilised better.

There's a significant amount of dross currently on the books that swallow up a significant proportion of the budget. Ultimately restricting the club's ability to manoeuvre in transfer windows.

Moore, Kelly, Hilssner, Dacosta, Waghorn, Kane, Dabo, Reid, Cashman, Billson and Walker each make little to no contribution to games yet between them they likely cost somewhere in between of £3m-£3.5m per year in wages. Needless to say that's a colossal issue when it comes to trying to recruit, especially when it's incredibly difficult to move any of them on permanently.

Also factor in the likes of Godden and Eccles who often miss at least a third of a season then the squad suddenly looks incredibly thin on the ground.

Next summer is pretty vital really as thankfully the majority of the above is out of contract. Building a brand new squad in the Championship isn't going to be cheap though and another sale is likely going to have to be made in order to finance a rebuild.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Fair enough. I think £20-£25 a game is reasonable. Up to £30 as long as the club say they're aiming to push towards play-offs promotion. £33 for Cat A games this year is too high IMO.

How would you feel about PRP - performance related pricing? Charge high but offer discounts for future years if those targets aren't met.

Grendel

Fair enough. I think £20-£25 a game is reasonable. Up to £30 as long as the club say they're aiming to push towards play-offs promotion. £33 for Cat A games this year is too high IMO.

How would you feel about PRP - performance related pricing? Charge high but offer discounts for future years if those targets aren't met.

That is genuinely insane

clint van damme

Imagine the fun and games when that's outsourced to ticketmaster

Skybluedownunder

Why the fuck have we signed Eccles till 2027?
1) He isn’t good enough for the position he plays in so gets played out of position.
2) He isn’t suited to playing in the position he plays for us
3) He’s injured every season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rexo87

1) He isn’t good enough for the position he plays in so gets played out of position.

If (and its a big if) he stays fit he will be a very good championship central midfielder in a year or two

CCFC54321

My thoughts exactly

fernandopartridge

1. Citation needed
2. Citation needed
3. True but that's only a couple of seasons to date so not necessarily a long term problem

Hertsccfc

Because he is a talented player, who after a few matches played really well out of position and has the potential to be a good quality midfielder in the Championship. Of course the issue is his injury record but presumably the club believe that will improve. They know more than we do about that.

I'd far rather we give contracts to players like Eccles and Burroughs, who I also think has a bright future, than players like Kane and Wagehorn.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Massive clear needed on Sky Blues Talk.

What do you think?

slowpoke

A lot of that generation had pensions which they had paid for raided by companies and a Labour chancellor, their state pension was paid for every week with their stamp money again stolen by government, still is.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

A lot of that generation had pensions which they had paid for raided by companies and a Labour chancellor, their state pension was paid for every week with their stamp money again stolen by government, still is.
And many also had final salary pensions where the benefits they received bore no relation to what they had paid in.

You can tell it was a sweet deal - the government made themselves exempt from the ban on them. Hence Truss getting a PM's pension for life for 45days of destroying the country. Nice if you can get it. People can't now.

Users who are viewing this thread