Mask or no mask? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Just wondering.

No-one by me seems to be wearing a face mask and none of my family are either.

Do see quite a few in the supermarkets though with them on and also people driving with them on.

So, just wondering.....

Nick

Administrator
Loads of people wearing gloves at the shop today.

One man wearing gardening gloves

Covstu

Stay your distance and you should be okay. Went to the park with the kids about 6.30pm and there was groups of lads sitting around, 4 lads were playing football (we couldn’t work out if they were uni students so in the same house) but no one had masks or anything. Clearly taking the piss however, I fear today will be twice as bad

Otis

Stay your distance and you should be okay. Went to the park with the kids about 6.30pm and there was groups of lads sitting around, 4 lads were playing football (we couldn’t work out if they were uni students so in the same house) but no one had masks or anything. Clearly taking the piss however, I fear today will be twice as bad
Yup.

I took the dog out at 5.30 this morning and I noticed at about 6.10 there were quite a lot of cars about. Many of them seemingly families or couples.

Usually see about two cars on a Sunday morning at this time, so way, way more than normal today.

I think today may well be a disaster.

Flying Fokker

Yup.

I took the dog out at 5.30 this morning and I noticed at about 6.10 there were quite a lot of cars about. Many of them seemingly families or couples.

Usually see about two cars on a Sunday morning at this time, so way, way more than normal today.

I hope not but I think you’re right.

Tommo1993

They’re pointless - depending on people’s general movements. And the paper ones are completely pointless.

Mcbean

Well they started to
Mobilise about the climate change by skivving school - bout time they realised that this is a matter of life and death for some right now !

David O'Day

Oh fuck off, whatever you claim to have saw in a park today will gave nowt to do with todays figures

skyblue1991

PHE have advised masks do nothing to prevent the spread so I am taking that advice in general.

However, I am likely going to be completing install works on site in a few weeks if there are no aggressive restrictions which the equipment require two persons to lift so I'm going to be within 2m with the second person (albeit for less than a minute). Our company EHS team have stated as a mitigation wear gloves and masks so I will do in this instance.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

2 metres won’t stop the spread either. Medical scientists have already argued that coughs and sneezes can travel 6m.

skyblue1991

2 metres won’t stop the spread either. Medical scientists have already argued that coughs and sneezes can travel 6m.
It's 2m as long as you also cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve if you cough.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

Plenty of mouth breather scruffs out there who’ve never covered it, and probably still continue to do so.

Otis

Definitely more cars about today.

The last week or so, I would say you would be lucky to see one car every two minutes.

Just seen 5 in about 20 seconds. Can here them going down the main road too. Definitely a lot more traffic than has been.

Nick

Administrator
Yup.

Why the hell are families up at 6am on a Sunday?

Otis

Why the hell are families up at 6am on a Sunday?
Exactly.

One couple looked like they were in their 60-70's, so I could only assume they were visiting someone or off somewhere, maybe for the day.

It just won't sink in with so many people unfortunately.

shmmeee

Us and the states are going to be a horror show at this rate. Look what it took for Spain and Italy to bend the curve, we are nowhere near that.

David O'Day

Bless , David is trying his best to construct a proper sentence. Too much homeschooling?
Bless, you've fucked it.

You're drowning not waving here.

People in the park today will double todays figures and you have the cheek to mention schooling.

Otis

Definitely more cars about and a lot more cars parked in our road today. You get to know all the neighbours' cars and there are several ones I have never seen before, so it must be people visiting relatives.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread