Martin Lorentzson (3 Viewers)

capel & collindridge

Well they say Andy Rose plays for Seattle and Joe Cole for Aston Villa. So far so good.

Then they say Jacob Murphy, Adam Armstrong and Ben Turner all play for Coventry City.

So they're either not very accurate - or there have been some amazing deals this weekend! So don't believe this website, but still think the Swedish interview probably indicates that ML either has or is about to sign.

wingy

Well they say Andy Rose plays for Seattle and Joe Cole for Aston Villa. So far so good.

Then they say Jacob Murphy, Adam Armstrong and Ben Turner all play for Coventry City.

So they're either not very accurate - or there have been some amazing deals this weekend! So don't believe this website, but still think the Swedish interview probably indicates that ML either has or is about to sign.

well he says due to travel Back Sunday so it's reasonable to assume he'll sign Monday IMO

W

westcountry_skyblue

Looks like he's signing according to Facebook links PUSB !!!

Chipfat

If confirmed will be another good solid signing by TM, will only bring quality and experience to the squad. I would imagine he will need a few games and couple weeks training in him but i don't think time us an issue. I also don't think he is here as a back up, TM would not bring this type to sit on his arse watching Phillips, he will helping our younger defenders and giving flexibility in the defensive unit.

ajsccfc

No Rose

Coventry City: Burge, Lorentzson, Leahy, Harries, Di. Kelly-Evans, Maycock, Shipley, Haynes, Elford-Alliyu, Maddison, Sambou.

Subs: Skuza (GK), Thompson, Bayliss, Hickman, Whitmore.

chiefdave

Shame they don't stream these games online. Would give me something to do while I'm pretending to work.

SlowerThanPlatt

Coventry City have signed Swedish right-back Martin Lorentzson on a free transfer until the end of the season, subject to international clearance.

The Sky Blues have snapped up the 31-year old defender for the rest of the 2015/16 League One season as City boss Tony Mowbray adds to his defensive options.

Lorentzson started his career at Swedish club Sleipner before moving to top flight side Assyriska Foreningen in 2007.

His form for Assyriska attracted the attention of Swedish giants AIK where he made over 120 appearances, scoring 11 goals over a four-year spell and most recently played for Atvidabergs.

City boss Tony Mowbray said: "Martin joined the club on trial a few weeks ago and he has impressed us during his time at the club.

"He played in an Under-21s game against Sheffield United where I thought he showed the attributes needed to defend in League One.

"He'll give us another option in defence and will add plenty of pedrigree and experience to the squad until the end of the season."

chiefdave

Good stuff. Amazing how TM is making the budget stretch. Keep thinking there's no way anyone else is coming in then someone does.

RegTheDonk

Sounds great, and nice to have someone in that position who seems to have plenty of experience. I hope he's as good there as another certain Swedish right back we once had!

Only one question and forgive any ignorance of the rules - but isn't he a bit old to have played in an under 21 game? Hope this isn't something else for Talk Sport to have a bubble over!

shmmeee

Sounds great, and nice to have someone in that position who seems to have plenty of experience. I hope he's as good there as another certain Swedish right back we once had!

Only one question and forgive any ignorance of the rules - but isn't he a bit old to have played in an under 21 game? Hope this isn't something else for Talk Sport to have a bubble over!

If Football Manager is accurate you're allowed something like 3 over age platers.

Gazolba

Good stuff. Amazing how TM is making the budget stretch. Keep thinking there's no way anyone else is coming in then someone does.

Yes, but is anyone else thinking this means that some of the loanees are going back in January.

Specs WT-R75

Yes, but is anyone else thinking this means that some of the loanees are going back in January.

Turner is going back - we all probably know about that one. That leaves us with 5 loans left... I'd certainly like to bring Samuels back as loanee #6 if Mowbray thought that he fit the bill...

Lots of rumours regarding Joe Cole being released by Villa. If true then that would be another slot free for Tony to play around with.

covcity4life

It's been about a week since we heard anything...TM said there was a few details to iron out. I'm thinking he's found another club closer to home.

I am not a betting man but if I was not would get my vote

I doubt he will sign...

He's potentially a back-up full back who obviously isn't that desperate to sign. No thanks, let's move on.

Looks like a no then

Its 10 to 8 in the morning. If its not today then I cant see it happening

Too much interference from agents, not enough prestige for his missus. The two stumbling blocks.

If he signs, I'll be surprised. Shame, considering he could add some quality to the RB position.

Doesn't look promising, TM has had a tit-full of interfering agents and the lad is indecisive.

Oh well, I'm sure TM has his eyes on another possible target.

tumblr_inline_nmk1ozgvT61qd9ie8_500.gif

Lorentzon has signed until the end of the season with an option of a further year.

ajsccfc

I disagree particularly with the one about him being a backup. I see Ricketts going back inside and Lorentzson the starter on the right. It'd be a bit mad if we signed a recent international of a good age in the third division and then didn't play him.

mechaishida

Calm down lad, it looked odds on he wouldn't sign, in fact it went over TM's deadline of 48hrs.

Anyhoo, I agree with ajccfc, Lorentzson has got the calibre and ability to dominate the right back position and pose a threat going forward. It'd be foolhardy to only use him as backup, but then again, TM knows what he's doing.

mechaishida

clearly wasnt. some fans just need to stop making judgements and getting carried away

TM was quoted as saying the deal had 48hrs to go through, or he'd call it a day. This is what I was basing my comments on, mate. Clearly it went over, but how were we to know?

I think you need to cool your jets and stop trying to wind people up with the ''nur nur you were wrong, you judgemental lot'', I think it's a bit redundant now that we have the player secured for 6 months at least.

covcity4life

you need to stop being so butt hurt

you must be new to watching football if you think all deals go to exact plan, in that cas ei do apologise, id love to be 10 again and wouldnt want a stranger arguing with me on the internet. ill have a word with club and see if we can get sky blue sam to give you a high five next home game.

Otis

I disagree particularly with the one about him being a backup. I see Ricketts going back inside and Lorentzson the starter on the right. It'd be a bit mad if we signed a recent international of a good age in the third division and then didn't play him.
I get the feeling he will be our first choice right back pretty soon too. Ricketts is great at right back or centre half, but I think the side need him more in the middle to be honest.

This lad just needs to be up to speed for the rigours of League One and then I think he will be in.

standupforcity

I get the feeling he will be our first choice right back pretty soon too. Ricketts is great at right back or centre half, but I think the side need him more in the middle to be honest.

This lad just needs to be up to speed for the rigours of League One and then I think he will be in.

So Otis, your first choice team would be?

Users who are viewing this thread