Marosi (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Lee burge was awful. Come on now. Marosi secured the back adding confidence to the CB in front of him. I remember suggesting he was my player of the season such was his overall influence to the team. When a team believes in a keeper there is a surge of spirit throughout the team.

Magwitch

Lee burge was awful. Come on now. Marosi secured the back adding confidence to the CB in front of him. I remember suggesting he was my player of the season such was his overall influence to the team. When a team believes in a keeper there is a surge of spirit throughout the team.
I never knock our players, good, bad or indifferent, achieves nothing imo.

ExmouthNeil

I think he's been one of the unsung hero's of the team this season... You've only got to look at his/the defense stats over the season. All good teams are built on a solid defense that includes a top goalkeeper.... Well done Super Marko!

Mr Panda

On some level, Marosi for us has had the same kind of effect that Allison had on that 'nearly there' Liverpool team.

It would be a shame to ever go back to a GK who can't play it on the deck

Magwitch

As I said I never knock any of our players, there are still arses on here who bring up MacFadzeens stinker v Rotherham away.

Legia Sky Blue

I am glad we got rid of Burge and bought in Marosi. We could not have played in the style we do with Burge in the team, and the defenders in front of him would not have been so confident. That said, I can't bring myself to hate him or hope his career dives like some do on here. He was part of our League 2 promotion team, and played a significant part in us winning the Checkatrade at Wembley so for that I thank him and wish him good luck.

Bertola

I am glad we got rid of Burge and bought in Marosi. We could not have played in the style we do with Burge in the team, and the defenders in front of him would not have been so confident. That said, I can't bring myself to hate him or hope his career dives like some do on here. He was part of our League 2 promotion team, and played a significant part in us winning the Checkatrade at Wembley so for that I thank him and wish him good luck.

Fully agree, I wasn't a massive fan, but he played a huge part in some of the best days in our recent history. His performance at Notts County in the semi final was excellent.

covcity4life

This

SkyBlueCRJ

I think posters are being overly harsh on Burge. A change was obviously needed as there's no doubt he's a poor keeper at L1 level but to throw about terms like 'horrendous' and 'embarrassment' when describing his spell at the club is a bit embarrassing in itself IMO.

I for one thought he had a fairly solid season in L2 - obviously made a few of his typical mistakes but he still played a pivotal role in helping the CCFC achieve promotion back to L1 and cup success in the Checkatrade Trophy.

I'm sure such comments are probably coming from the same posters who once hailed Ponticelli as the next messiah and who insist we re-sign Ryan Giles permanently despite only playing 5 minutes for the club.

Regardless, back to Marosi. He's been a revelation this season. Nothing more to be said really.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

I think posters are being harsh on Burge. A change was obviously needed as there's no doubt he's a poor keeper at L1 level but to throw about terms like 'horrendous' and 'embarrassment' when describing his spell at the club is a bit embarrassing in itself IMO.

I for one thought he had a fairly solid season in L2 - obviously made a few of his typical mistakes but he still played a pivotal role in helping the CCFC achieve promotion back to L1 and cup success in the Checkatrade Trophy.

I'm sure such comments are probably coming from the same posters who once hailed Ponticelli as the next messiah and who insist we re-sign Ryan Giles permanently despite only playing 5 minutes for the club.

Regardless, back to Marosi. He's been a revelation this season. Nothing more to be said really.
He really has yes

Grendel

It’s hard to judge his ability fully until next season - the position has been neglected for years. Murohy was ok and in but you have to go back to Westwood to find a good consistent performer

Burge was sub standard so even competency becomes exceptional

Seamus1

Credit is also surely deserving to Aled Williams, as even Marosi acknowledged how he has coached him. Quite a coincidence that in the first year of having a new goalkeeping coach, our defensive record was so fantastic...

harvey098

I was one of the people always defending burge but I was wrong. From the first game of the season the confidence and swag of Marosi changed our whole identity of being a ball playing team out from the back without panic. Underrated shot stopper too (because we all talk about his ball playing ability) but made some phenomenal saves along the way.

Brighton Sky Blue

I was one of the people always defending burge but I was wrong. From the first game of the season the confidence and swag of Marosi changed our whole identity of being a ball playing team out from the back without panic. Underrated shot stopper too (because we all talk about his ball playing ability) but made some phenomenal saves along the way.

Yep he made a rare gaffe against Rotherham for their goal but followed it with an outstanding finger tip save.

ccfcricoh

Bang on

We have been promoted and have moved on, that's all thats happened, Burge was plenty good enough for L2 and would be fine in L1, but maybe not challenging at the top end.

When we needed to move upwards, we've made a signing thats an improvement, no different to any other position.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I think posters are being harsh on Burge. A change was obviously needed as there's no doubt he's a poor keeper at L1 level but to throw about terms like 'horrendous' and 'embarrassment' when describing his spell at the club is a bit embarrassing in itself IMO.

He was no better than Ryan Allsopp and he got so much shit from our fans. I don’t wish Ill on Burge but I was so relieved when he went.

He was a good shot stopper on his day but those days were few and far between. Guy was a walking disaster

mark82

Credit is also surely deserving to Aled Williams, as even Marosi acknowledged how he has coached him. Quite a coincidence that in the first year of having a new goalkeeping coach, our defensive record was so fantastic...

Not to knock Marosi or Williams but a lot of it was also down to our formation and defence. We faced second fewest shots, conceded second fewest goals. Marosi made second fewest saves of any goalkeeper on a per game basis at 2.1 saves per game.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not to knock Marosi or Williams but a lot of it was also down to our formation and defence. We faced second fewest shots, conceded second fewest goals. Marosi made second fewest saves of any goalkeeper on a per game basis at 2.1 saves per game.

Quite possibly, but it may also be that the defence had more faith in using Marosi rather than just kick it out of play and let the opposition keep the ball, or try and deal with the situation themselves resulting in the opposition winning the ball.

I think we'll have to see more of his goalkeeping abilities as well as his footballing ones next season, but I'm sure he'll acquit himself well.

Users who are viewing this thread