Marosi (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

What a stat that is!! 2.1 saves a game. Keeping the ball is all part of that.

I got very cross towards the end of the season that new fans coming to St. Andrews kept panicking and shouting just clear the ball.

It’s how we played and hopefully will play and sometimes that’s really quite scary. But the pay offs are huge as we’ve seen

Nick

Administrator
That save against Tranmere away I think it was, he picked it right out of the top corner and tipped it over.

Sky Blue Pete

I genuinely think he will be more than capable at championship level!

fully expect his rating to go up on FIFA from about 64 to at or above 70. He’s top top quality

The thing I’ve loved is him not shouting and moaning at mistakes (pens from mcfadzean or Walsh) and also after making a mistake just carrying on with what he’s supposed to be doing.

Its such a skill to get straight back to confident keeping after making an error

vow

I genuinely think he will be more than capable at championship level!

fully expect his rating to go up on FIFA from about 64 to at or above 70. He’s top top quality

The thing I’ve loved is him not shouting and moaning at mistakes (pens from mcfadzean or Walsh) and also after making a mistake just carrying on with what he’s supposed to be doing.

Its such a skill to get straight back to confident keeping after making an error
All true, but I've seen him bollock a player or two for making silly errors eg. not listening to the keepers call!

vow

Also my opinion on keepers should be rejected out of hand given my backing of Burge all those times
haha, same here, however it's like night and day isn't it!? Burge v Marosi.

I think Robins couldn't wait to see the back of Burge after some rash decisions on his part and also drafting in a "proper keeper" (Robins words) in Stockdale, seeing the competence of him and confidence he put in his defence infront of him.

Liquid Gold

I don't think anybody really has any ill feelings towards Burgeons, the reason why he is bought up in conversation so much still is because he was such a large talking point when he was here. I was baffled by people consistently defending his erratic play, basic errors and costing us multiple goals, he cost us so many points. I hope he goes on to have a good career but getting rid of him was paramount to our development as a team.

SkyBlueCRJ

I don't think anybody really has any ill feelings towards Burgeons, the reason why he is bought up in conversation so much still is because he was such a large talking point when he was here. I was baffled by people consistently defending his erratic play, basic errors and costing us multiple goals, he cost us so many points. I hope he goes on to have a good career but getting rid of him was paramount to our development as a team.

I just find it almost comical that Burge has played an important role in a side that has won the Checkatrade Trophy / promotion to L1 but still gets an inordinate amount of hate, and yet there are posters who are more than willing to heap unwarranted praise on Kastaneer for scoring one goal.

Regarding his ability in L1 though you can't defend the indefensible, it was quite apparent he wasn't close to the standard required and was better suited in a lower division. But why such personal disdain against him? I mean, there are far more players throughout CCFC history that are more deserving of hate than Lee Burge surely?

Last edited:

Saddlebrains

Burge is shit. Poppadom hands.

Look at the difference between him and Marosi. Night and day.

Poppadom hands can't get anywhere near Sunderland starting 11

Liquid Gold

I just find it almost comical that Burge has played an important role in a side that has won the Checkatrade Trophy / promotion to L1 but still gets an inordinate amount of hate, and yet there are posters who are more than willing to heap unwarranted praise on Kastaneer for scoring one goal.

Regarding his ability in L1 though you can't defend the indefensible, it was quite apparent he wasn't close to the standard required and was better suited in a lower division. But why such personal disdain against him? I mean, there are far more players throughout CCFC history that are more deserving of hate than Lee Burge surely?
Has there ever been a worse player to play over 100 games for us? It could be argued that he is our worst regular starter ever.

Monners

We would never have won promotion this season with Burge in goal. A consistently good keeper is vital.

Much that Burge played well th the two Wembley games, he simply wasn’t good enough over a season.

Remember when Marosi dropped the ball at home to Rotherham? There was almost dismay in the ground.

win9nut

heap unwarranted praise on Kastaneer for scoring one goal.
That was an awesome finish though... And that sliding challenge has provided me and my friends with unparalleled laughs (not what I was feeling at the time mind)...
For that reason...
Legend has it, of course, somewhere, somehow, he's still sliding...

Users who are viewing this thread