Marlon King for England??? (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

Neither. It just hadn't occured to me that an English person, born in England and raised in England, should play for another nation 3,000 miles away.

With all due respect, is this your first foray into the world of international football?

CJparker

John Barnes?
Owen Hargreaves?

Both of them born outside England - they shouldn't be playing for England either!!

The whole "nationality" thing in football is crap - you can't pick and choose who you want to play for based on your so-called "heritage" - King is English so he shouldn't qualify for any other country!!

Can't believe the piss-taking I am getting on here...do I live in a parallel universe, as only I think that the above statement is correct

skybluejelly

Both of them born outside England - they shouldn't be playing for England either!!

The whole "nationality" thing in football is crap - you can't pick and choose who you want to play for based on your so-called "heritage" - King is English so he shouldn't qualify for any other country!!

Can't believe the piss-taking I am getting on here...do I live in a parallel universe, as only I think that the above statement is correct

so with your reasoning...people who are born while they are on holiday or people who are born while there parents are based abroad in the army or other jobs should play for the country they are born in / depending on the circumstances they will have dual nationallity. but they will still be english

CJparker

so with your reasoning...people who are born while they are on holiday or people who are born while there parents are based abroad in the army or other jobs should play for the country they are born in / depending on the circumstances they will have dual nationallity. but they will still be english

Stretching what I am saying...clearly your scenario doesn't apply to Marlon!

harvey098

Fucking hell, 5 pages of ridicule... It was a mistake. I think everyone else must live in a parallel universe if you've never said anything wrong in your lives!

Macca

Well I can t knock the poster for having a limited knowledge of the massively dull world of international football

stupot07

To be honest I'm not sure why Danny Graham hasn't been considered. Scored 1 in 3 in the PL last season (12 goals), is used to playing the lone striking role and is pretty good technically. Surely he was worth a call up.

hill83

Fucking hell, 5 pages of ridicule... It was a mistake. I think everyone else must live in a parallel universe if you've never said anything wrong in your lives!

Yet he's still defending himself............ 2 logins? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Nick

Administrator
I know it was only a mistake, I don't think anybody is being nasty or anything towards him just having a giggle. The same as if I tripped over a kerb in front of a bus I bet 95% of them would have a giggle.

Chill Out :pimp:

skybluebeduff

Freddie Mercury should not be labelled the best singer Britain has ever witnessed because he was born in Zanzibar and brought up in India....... :facepalm: yet is in the BBC'S top 100 Britons list.... see where I'm going with this? ;)

lordsummerisle

Freddie Mercury should not be labelled the best singer Britain has ever witnessed because he was born in Zanzibar and brought up in India....... :facepalm: yet is in the BBC'S top 100 Britons list.... see where I'm going with this? ;)

He shouldn't be because he never was.

scroobiustom

Anyone can be anything they want to be, Tony Cascarino opted to play for Ireland for example lol

CJparker

Anyone can be anything they want to be, Tony Cascarino opted to play for Ireland for example lol

Yeah, and Cascarino wrote in his autobiography "I was a fake Irishman" and admitted he abused the lax rules and pretended to be a different nationality, just so he could play international football - the likes of him and Andy Townsend pretending to be Irish is priceless.

CovMatt1987

so who is starting the 'you can play for any country in the world you like apparently.........which country would you choose?' thread.

Ive always fancied being Dutch - though if I am realistic I think squad standards may mean I struggle to make the side. So I'm going to go for Jamaica.

Hey, maybe this is how Marlon King came to his decision too!

Sick Boy

Yeah, and Cascarino wrote in his autobiography "I was a fake Irishman" and admitted he abused the lax rules and pretended to be a different nationality, just so he could play international football - the likes of him and Andy Townsend pretending to be Irish is priceless.

Cascarino believed his maternal grandfather was Irish, but his grandfather revealed on his deathbed that he was not his mother's real father.

Nick

Administrator
I would rather play for somebody like Zambia or a country with the population of like 100. I might even be close to the best :)

CJparker

Cascarino believed his maternal grandfather was Irish, but his grandfather revealed on his deathbed that he was not his mother's real father.

Oh, that makes Casc really Irish then....

CovMatt1987

I would rather play for somebody like Zambia or a country with the population of like 100. I might even be close to the best :)

My dad once got bitten by some wild bug type thing in Zambia, doing charity work (true story). Surely this means I qualify to play for them??

CJparker

I once drank a pint of Guinness (in Belfast, not Dublin) - think that entitles me to play for both Ireland nations?

scroobiustom

My dad once got bitten by some wild bug type thing in Zambia, doing charity work (true story). Surely this means I qualify to play for them??

well its in your blood! :facepalm: I'll be here all week

scroobiustom

does this mean Peter Parker could play for which ever country that spider that bit him came from?

youve got to reckon he would be pretty tasty in goal........

well Andrew Garfield (the amazing spider-man)does hold duel citizenship so guess its up to him

skybluegod

are you stupid? as well as him being Jamaican and even if he was english their is : holt,campbell, crouch,lambert just to note a few names

Users who are viewing this thread