Marlon King for England??? (1 Viewer)

CJparker

Occured to me that whilst most of England's strikers are out, it's not totally outlandish to say that King is one of the next in line - fit, good scoring record, energetic...could/should it happen if England needed a late call-up up front?

Otis

Maybe he's getting him mixed up with Mervyn King, the Governor of the Bank of England.

He's English, eligible and available I believe.

steveo1987

Occured to me that whilst most of England's strikers are out, it's not totally outlandish to say that King is one of the next in line - fit, good scoring record, energetic...could/should it happen if England needed a late call-up up front?

Please post that on gmk,go on please

CJparker

Eh??? He was born in London and has lived in England all his life!!!

How does he get to play for Jamaica? Did his mother smoke some dodgy woodbines during pregnancy or something?

CJparker

Ahh, screw you guys, I'm going home :wave:

He may have played for them, but he is about as eligible to play for Jamaica as Norah Batty

CJparker

Surely he must be eligable to play for them? Ha

On what basis??? He was born and bred in England, so how does he qualify for a nation thousands of miles away? Shouldn't matter where your parents come from, on that logic Mo Farah would have to run for Somalia and not GB

CJparker

Wind up or retard, or both?
Can't decide.

Neither. It just hadn't occured to me that an English person, born in England and raised in England, should play for another nation 3,000 miles away.

hill83

Neither. It just hadn't occured to me that an English person, born in England and raised in England, should play for another nation 3,000 miles away.

It's always been that way. I'm English, but eligible for England, Scotland, Jamaica and South Africa.

Luckily for all of them I've declared international retirement.

B

Bobby Firenze

To be fair, this was probably the first thread on here that has made me, well, not actually lol, but it certainly raised a guffaw.

Good work.

Gray

if this is the case then republic of ireland need to cancel about 600 caps!

Grendel

On what basis??? He was born and bred in England, so how does he qualify for a nation thousands of miles away? Shouldn't matter where your parents come from, on that logic Mo Farah would have to run for Somalia and not GB

Er no parents and grandparents qualify for claiming citizenship. John Barnes and Linford Christie were I believe born in Jamaica but elected us and just look at the England Cricket Team!

Grendel

Mo farah's father is English by the way.

ampthill_sba

I was born here and am English & British but with a Danish mum qualify for Denmark too. I too have retired from International selection.

CJ have you ever met someone that has dual heritage? Or do you live in a parallel universe?

hamil99

Facebook User
"And the award of, article written without one least bit of research is..... Marlon King for England"!

Users who are viewing this thread