Mark Robins (4 Viewers)

Evo1883

I've come to the realisation that it doesn't matter where fans rank Robins amongst the past managers here ..

The reality is that over the last 7 years , we've played 4 times at Wembley , one being an FA cup semi final , were 1 kick away from a 3rd promotion and saw 2 actual promotions under his leadership .

If anything he's the manager that gave us the best times since the exciting team of 1997 , almost 30 years ago .

He's iconic and now without doubt a legendary figure of this football club

Saddlebrains

He's better than Jimmy Hill and John Sillett

What he has done since he came back

2 promotions, very nearly 3.

Our first Trophy in 30 years

Turned around a club that had losing ingrained in it. A fanbase that had all but disappeared and given up hope he has brought back

Hes given a whole new generation of supporters in children a club to be proud of in the playground

Having 2 seasons away from our own city.

Transfer embargos

Not 20p to rub together but still got us up the leagues

Now an FA Cup semi final for the first time in 37 years.

He is the best manager this club has ever seen, yes Jimmy and Snoz are also greats of this club and always will be. But they didnt have the challenges that he had

I for one absolutely adore him. There's been a few times where i think 'what the fuck is he doing?' Or 'has he finally ran out of ideas?' But it's always proved wrong

PVA

hail taxi GIF by Originals

Terry_dactyl

He's definitely statue worthy, if not for his achievements then atleast for the way he's galvanised a football club and city ... attendances highest in 50 years , kids all over the city wearing coventry kits etc

It's amazing

Imagine having to try and fill his boots when he eventually goes
I’m impressed when I come back to the city just how many city tops I saw around the place.
Growing up I was well in the minority for supporting Cov.

Warwickhunt

I wonder if Singers corner latched onto Mark Robbins nickname at Man United? Because of his hair they called him Karl Heinz Rummenigge.

messiahrobins

He's better than Jimmy Hill and John Sillett

What he has done since he came back

2 promotions, very nearly 3.

Our first Trophy in 30 years

Turned around a club that had losing ingrained in it. A fanbase that had all but disappeared and given up hope he has brought back

Hes given a whole new generation of supporters in children a club to be proud of in the playground

Having 2 seasons away from our own city.

Transfer embargos

Not 20p to rub together but still got us up the leagues

Now an FA Cup semi final for the first time in 37 years.

He is the best manager this club has ever seen, yes Jimmy and Snoz are also greats of this club and always will be. But they didnt have the challenges that he had

I for one absolutely adore him. There's been a few times where i think 'what the fuck is he doing?' Or 'has he finally ran out of ideas?' But it's always proved wrong
I mean this is just poetry and absolutely the correct position. Well done. Well said.

Brighton Sky Blue

Struck me how many young kids are at games now, singing the songs, favourite player names on their backs etc. I got hooked in the 90s watching Dublin, Huckerby, Keane, McAllister etc, today’s kids have got to watch Gyo, Hamer, Saka, COH and so on who have been some of our most exciting players in the post top flight era. Days like yesterday will stick in the minds of young and old alike who got to go and we’ve had plenty of them in the last few seasons alone.

The number of lifelong fans he has helped to make will be his legacy as and when he eventually leaves. Win a league game at Deepdale and the statue is his

TomRad85

Struck me how many young kids are at games now, singing the songs, favourite player names on their backs etc. I got hooked in the 90s watching Dublin, Huckerby, Keane, McAllister etc, today’s kids have got to watch Gyo, Hamer, Saka, COH and so on. Days like yesterday will stick in the minds of young and old alike who got to go and we’ve had plenty of them in the last few seasons alone.

All he needs to crown his tenure is a league win at Deepdale in my opinion
The season we win at Deepdale is the season we go up. It's written in the stars.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Otis

If was Carrick in the play offs last year and O’Neil now. Robins schooled them both. Nobody seen us playing a 4411 today, robins (and the coaching staff) have done it again.
I thought he was supposed to be a bit tactically unaware and too rigid in his thinking and substitutions and falls out with players and there is trouble in the camp. 🤔

Oh, where is Ann Proctor-Brown these days? And how much longer is that taxi going to be?

Warwickhunt

I Watched an in depth interview on BBC with Mark Robbins and he recalled his days at Man Ure in particular when he scored the winner in the FA cup that saved Fergies job! And the dressing room called him that name😂

Mucca Mad Boys

Struck me how many young kids are at games now, singing the songs, favourite player names on their backs etc. I got hooked in the 90s watching Dublin, Huckerby, Keane, McAllister etc, today’s kids have got to watch Gyo, Hamer, Saka, COH and so on who have been some of our most exciting players in the post top flight era. Days like yesterday will stick in the minds of young and old alike who got to go and we’ve had plenty of them in the last few seasons alone.

The number of lifelong fans he has helped to make will be his legacy as and when he eventually leaves. Win a league game at Deepdale and the statue is his
You mean the likes of Sammy Clingan aren’t cult heroes? 🤔

DannyThomas_1981

This is nonsense.
Just think about how much higher we'd have been with Jackett calling the shots.
It was a very bad miss for us not to get that taxi for Robbins.

(Some of the posters on here!!!!).

Blind-Faith

He’s our greatest ever manager hands down, a statue of him will be built at some point. 4 trips to Wembley , from league 2 down and outs to a penalty kick away from the PL, with all the off field shit to contend with.

He just fits us perfectly , I don’t think he’d do aswell going anywhere else, he wouldn’t be given the time too. And why would he? He’s probabaly got one of the safest jobs in football, and long may it continue 🫡

Adge

He's definitely statue worthy, if not for his achievements then atleast for the way he's galvanised a football club and city ... attendances highest in 50 years , kids all over the city wearing coventry kits etc

It's amazing

Imagine having to try and fill his boots when he eventually goes
Yep-definitely will be a case of after the Lord Mayors show for whoever tries to fill the hot seat when he calls time.

Users who are viewing this thread