Mark Robins (3 Viewers)

AngryAnt

He’s our greatest ever manager hands down, a statue of him will be built at some point. 4 trips to Wembley , from league 2 down and outs to a penalty kick away from the PL, with all the off field shit to contend with.

He just fits us perfectly , I don’t think he’d do aswell going anywhere else, he wouldn’t be given the time too. And why would he? He’s probabaly got one of the safest jobs in football, and long may it continue 🫡

I'm part of the late 80s kids that came from the FA Cup win, so never saw the likes of JH, G&J, so to me personally he's the best manager I've seen manage us (been going since the 90s as a kid).

Comparing his 7 years to the 7 previous is night and day (I was at college in Scunthorpe in the years they would routinely beat us).
I was talking to family a few weeks ago about who could be conisdered a legend from recent times to get their own wall at the CBS and honestly, if there's no statue planned, Robins needs to go up there already.

oakey

John Sillett is a legend and it can never be underestimated what he achieved. He gave us our first major trophy and the joy he engendered was brilliant. But he never had to deal with all the crap MR has had.
At this point MR is up with JH and could go even higher.

Londonccfcfan

But every twat questions his team selections every week what a bunch of twats fucking city have been amazing last 6 years and today was Fucking brilliant
I'm one of those twats. Will still question allowed to question. Every time we question. He has an answer.

We are not worthy. Truly blessed to have such a man at our helm.

SkyBlueSoul

I made a mental note of this but completely forgot in all the semi-final excitement. Last night was MR's 400th game in charge over both stints; 33 in the first, 367 in this one. Hell of an achievement. He'll overtake Gordon Milne on our all-time list if he's still here at the end of next season.

1714058075804.png

torchomatic

The first manager I really remember was Gordon Milne. Although my first game was in 1972, it was really 77/78 when I started going regularly. Then we had BG and Don Mackay, then G&J, of course.

The worst period for me was the Phil Neal/Terry Butcher years. I also thought Strachan was a pretty shit manager too.

Otis

The first manager I really remember was Gordon Milne. Although my first game was in 1972, it was really 77/78 when I started going regularly. Then we had BG and Don Mackay, then G&J, of course.

The worst period for me was the Phil Neal/Terry Butcher years. I also thought Strachan was a pretty shit manager too.
And McAllister, though he was forced to play kids that simply weren't up to it at times.

torchomatic

And McAllister, though he was forced to play kids that simply weren't up to it at times.
Oh yeah, he was useless. Remembered mostly for freezing out McSheff.

blunted

Stupid decisions R Us. We have had some seriously shit managers over the years. Who decided selling Tommy Hutchison was a good idea? Also offloading Terry Yorath, as he had too much influence in the dressing room.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we sold Wilson and Maddison for way too little. See also Stuart Pearce and Butterworth along with Gallacher.

Cally Fedora

There was that period early 80’s when we went through a manager a year. The Mackay years were fairly grim - what would now be premier league football attended by 10,000. Don Howe/Phil Neal periods were grim and we also had lunacy (Adrian Heath being given 3 games to “prove himself”). All reasons why we need to keep Robbns at all costs.

Brighton Sky Blue

Stupid decisions R Us. We have had some seriously shit managers over the years. Who decided selling Tommy Hutchison was a good idea? Also offloading Terry Yorath, as he had too much influence in the dressing room.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we sold Wilson and Maddison for way too little. See also Stuart Pearce and Butterworth along with Gallacher.
We sold them because we were completely skint and in Wilson’s case still playing in Northampton. Just a pity we couldn’t have been a league higher when they broke through.

Sick Boy

We were utterly desperate when we sold Wilson and Maddison though.

JSL

Dont forget Don Howe. We went on an unbelievably long run without scoring a single goal in his era and yet he was supposedly a great coach before coming to us

Cally Fedora

Dont forget Don Howe. We went on an unbelievably long run without scoring a single goal in his era and yet he was supposedly a great coach before coming to us
I remember being inspired by his first press conference when he said you start with nil, don’t give it away. Cue several months of defensive play where we couldn’t score and didn’t keep a clean sheet.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

To be fair, it got off to a good start until the sale of Calum Davenport on deadline day
I was gutted about that - Davenport was a class player. Always thought if he’d have done a Michael Dawson who was signed by Spurs at the same time and stayed and fought for his place he’d have had England caps. Instead he went out on loan and never did force his way into that spurs team

Users who are viewing this thread