Mark Robins Interview after training (1 Viewer)

Just listened to it again I missed the bit about centre backs first time round. Very interesting, I like the fact he wants players to put a shift in which is what we all want to see.
Can see a couple of centre backs being loaned out with view to permanent moves, and players like Barton arnt going last long unless he changes his work rate. Sounds like he knows what we need, we have a proper manager for the first time in ages.

sky blue john

New manager shows up you would think the players would try to impress him, obviously not.
Sounds like we also have players in various clicks.

covcity4life

isnt it spelt cliques? i dunno

yeh i would imagine the youngsters like clarke,christie,hussey,thomas all stick together palying fifa like chavs and listening to rap music whilst tweeting their mates who play at birmingham

i hope he makes them do extra laps.

kevinleftpeg

SB John- Exactly my sentiments. Assuming they showed more for their 1st session under MR what on earth were they like in the comfort zone of Thorn & Shaw.

I now hope the 'outsiders' can see that MR will create a level playing field & those guys will flourish. Not sure who is in what 'click'? However, all clubs have clicks & most of them do ok.

I think it will take sometime for MR to settle things down. I also think all of our defence is not good enough, so I agree with MR straightaway that he needs to strengthen & stop us looking like the Dog & Duck's veteran reserve side.

I thought Thorn was regarded as an excellent scout?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It sounds as though that's what Shaw was almost saying last week. Not to go on about Thorn again, but this is his doing. Sort them out.

Not wishing to stick up for Thorn, but always one to at least invitation to see the other side of the coin, but maybe their new found lethargy has as much to do with their distaste for a club that's sought to renegotiate their contracts?

Equally, not saying I agree with them, but we all know that footballers live in a surreal little bubbled pigletty world of their own, and they evidently feel hard-done-by. It's as liable to be this as Thorn's doing, as although they lacked class and structure last season, the total lack of desire that's characterised this season wasn't so prevalent

Nick

Administrator
The lack of desire was still there, we just need to get the desire and fight back.

The lack of urgency even when losing just angers me, it takes us about 30 seconds for a throw in sometimes. It is rare we see other teams at the Ricoh with so little urgency :(

CUS Wyken

One has to think that this culture has been allowed to ferment for the last few months at least.

Very disappointing (and that's putting it mildly.)

I put this time after time on here last year that players didn't do much training (Christie even stayed over to train) Hence why there levels of fitness were so bad. I was shot down, think this proves the point.

stupot07

Did you watch the goals from Tuesday...

And I'd hardly say Wood, Kilbane or Edge would be realistic permanent fixtures at left back. Hussey looks like a destroyed man at the moment.

I agree with that, but what about the lack of form of Barton, Jennings and Kilbane? They have only managed to have a stranglehold on 45 mins of league football this season.

stupot07

We're not going to win games if we keep conceding. And we've used several different combinations of centre back pairings, which suggests Thorn and Shaw were struggling to find one that worked. Just because we've got numbers doesn't mean we're strong in that area. Sounds like Robins wants to build from the back.

True, but you defend from the front and the 3 midfield signing have been poor and have contributed to the goals we've conceded. A tight defence is always a good starting point bUt goals win games, and we have struggled creatively all season in the league. Our defending has been poor but lack of goals, cutting edge and keeping possession is also putting them under pressure.

Nick

Administrator
I put this time after time on here last year that players didn't do much training (Christie even stayed over to train) Hence why there levels of fitness were so bad. I was shot down, think this proves the point.

Exactly, I remember posting that I saw Keogh and Cranie in a petrol station the day before a game at 11.15am and all I got was "They do have lives etc". I thought they should have been getting ready for the game the next day. I can't remember how we got on the next day, we probably lost though.

I hope if we get hammered, Robins hauls them in for extra training to cut out the mistakes rather than the "I don't know why we keep making the same mistakes" that we had last season.

gspotgaz

I agree with that, but what about the lack of form of Barton, Jennings and Kilbane? They have only managed to have a stranglehold on 45 mins of league football this season.

Well firstly, I don't think Kilbane should even be in the team.. he barely offered anything in his prime let alone now when he's 36.

I completely agree the midfield haven't impressed at all yet but believe there's other options in there to change things around for the better (Thomas, Fleck) and I think Jennings will eventually come good once deployed with better players around him.

I'm surprised at how poor Wood has been, I really thought he'd be a top defender in this league but he's been woeful so far. Edge has looked really dodgy last few games as well after a solid start.

Mucca Mad Boys

Disgraceful that he sees our players as unwilling to put in a shift. I only play 5-a-side but if 1 player doesn't give his all, we lose, simple as that!

How is it!? He's only saying it as it is! Truth hurts, and the players should want to prove him wrong!

CUS Wyken

Exactly, I remember posting that I saw Keogh and Cranie in a petrol station the day before a game at 11.15am and all I got was "They do have lives etc". I thought they should have been getting ready for the game the next day. I can't remember how we got on the next day, we probably lost though.

I hope if we get hammered, Robins hauls them in for extra training to cut out the mistakes rather than the "I don't know why we keep making the same mistakes" that we had last season.

Exactly Nick. The excuse came out that we didn’t have a fitness coach so that’s why players looked tired with 25 mins to go. The fact was, they didn’t do enough training in the first place to get fitness levels to a high standard.
Robins does seem old skool by his manner and terminology. So hopefully his morals will rub off on the team. More I look at the appointment the more I feel he was a decent choice.

ccfcway

Exactly Nick. The excuse came out that we didn’t have a fitness coach so that’s why players looked tired with 25 mins to go. The fact was, they didn’t do enough training in the first place to get fitness levels to a high standard.
Robins does seem old skool by his manner and terminology. So hopefully his morals will rub off on the team. More I look at the appointment the more I feel he was a decent choice.

a decent 2nd choice ;)

CUS Wyken

a decent 2nd choice ;)

hahaha.. so far (early days i know) but he seems to have that no Nuisance approach which weve needed. Hopefully he keeps to his word. I personally dont care how good or bad the style of play aslong as we grind results out and get out the mess were in.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I like the way that Robin's statement is ruled as being damning of..... wait for it, yes Thorn yet again; with regards unstantiated rumours about training; yet when Taylor - who's been training with the players and states the 'tempo was good' (which insinuates decent fitness levels), it's ignored.

That's this forum for you all over. Still, Nick saw some players filling up their cars with petrol the day before a game we might have lost or might not, so the viewpoint looks well structured and water-tight....

Leamington Pete

Shaw claimed after Shrewsbury that the players were great in training but couldn't do it when it mattered in the games. Now when they should be impressing the new manager they're crap and not putting in enough effort.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not saying it is Thorn, it was also happening before Thorn I think towards the end of Boothroyd where it just looks like we aren't fussed.

I have never doubted fitness levels, more organisation and preparation for games.

My point about seeing them the day before a game was that they had obviously just finished training (it was near ryton towards leamington) with the game the next day. We just need a bit of structure and discipline.

Nick

Administrator
Shaw claimed after Shrewsbury that the players were great in training but couldn't do it when it mattered in the games. Now when they should be impressing the new manager they're crap and not putting in enough effort.

That is like the "Cody scores hat trick in training" headline when he first signed. They could be dancing around in ballet lessons or playing beach football all day as long as we win on a Saturday. When we look unprepared, organised and not bothered it is just clear something is wrong behind the scenes and has been for years :(

The last time I can really remember some grit and fight was Boothroyd's period when we were a strong team who didn't give up.

kevinleftpeg

regardless of it all, our new Manager politely stated that the training session was not up to it. I assume then that he is used to Players sweating etc... LOL

CUS Wyken

I like the way that Robin's statement is ruled as being damning of..... wait for it, yes Thorn yet again; with regards unstantiated rumours about training; yet when Taylor - who's been training with the players and states the 'tempo was good' (which insinuates decent fitness levels), it's ignored.

That's this forum for you all over. Still, Nick saw some players filling up their cars with petrol the day before a game we might have lost or might not, so the viewpoint looks well structured and water-tight....

So you believe the players had a hard time under Thorn? Secondly, a coach is ALWAYS more pally towards the players then a manager. You seriosuly believe the fitness levels of players high?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

So you believe the players had a hard time under Thorn? Secondly, a coach is ALWAYS more pally towards the players then a manager. You seriosuly believe the fitness levels of players high?

What I believe or think are one thing. Let me ask you a question which I think will help you help yourself, as it were: over 90 minutes and into extra-time, did there appear to be a fitness issue in the Birmingham game?

Nick

Administrator
That's what I mean. I don't think it was fitness that let us down as we saw against Brum it was more the organisation.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

That's what I mean. I don't think it was fitness that let us down as we saw against Brum it was more the organisation.

Look above Nick - Wyken states that a lack of training have rise to a lower level of fitness, resulting in players tiring early in the game

J

Jack Griffin

Just watched this... The relationship between players comment was pretty interesting but doesnt really suprise me.. Least he says it how it is, unlike the last few "managers" weve had

Did Robins go to the Fergie school of psycho analysis.

hill83

Different people in differing opinions shocker

Sick Boy

So, we have 3 points from 7 games.

Are we likely to get 3 or more points over the next 7 games?

If so, does this mean that Mark Robins is one of the greatest managers in living memory? As we have been told many times, no other manager (even SAF, JM, AW) could ever do any better.

Just a thought.

Brighton Sky Blue

If so, does this mean that Mark Robins is one of the greatest managers in living memory? As we have been told many times, no other manager (even SAF, JM, AW) could ever do any better.

Just a thought.

Don't be absurd SB. If anything Fergie would've done worse than Thorn.

stupot07

Just a thought.

Tbf all 3 points came under thorn

magic82ball

So do people still think it is unacceptable to boo players for poor lacklustre displays?

Users who are viewing this thread