Mark Meets Joy (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Would be interesting if one of us won the Euro and told the Council we're prepared to build a stadium for CCFC to play in. Can you identify some land as we have no intention of using the Ricoh.

I agree SISU have harked on for years about building their own, and it is also brinksmanship on their part .... but do the council really want to see Wasps fold and have a white elephant living in the city boundary? They would be much better looking after their Sky Blue one.
What’s the brinkmanship? I get it in theory I think but what is it?

RegTheDonk

What’s the brinkmanship? I get it in theory I think but what is it?
Talking mainly historical Pete. Under the poker face of Fisher's "brinksmanship" to try and force their agenda as cheaply as possible with threats of building our own ground. It backfired then and my worry is them playing the same hand a second time.

Setting that asside and looking forward - the council should bury their egos and try and help CCFC secure a site for our own ground. SISU should liaise with them and try to secure backers/funding to build, if they are able, and if there is indeed the desire to go down this path this time. Long or short term playing at the Ricoh is in the hands of the insects, unfortunately. However, it would be in the council's best interests to help faciltate this to ensure the Ricoh doesn't end up empty.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Employer meets employee shocker

soon in the telegraph you can expect stories like:
sky is blue
Cats like milk
5 things you didn’t know about dandruff
Hitlers niece
Exclusive: Coventry exists
Rupert bear is a pervert
Wasps pay our bills
Student accommodation.

I know it's clickbait but I want to know what this story is on Hitler's niece.

Is it that she's living in Coventry? Or holding a rally? Is it a revelation about Joy?

I need to know!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Would be interesting if one of us won the Euro and told the Council we're prepared to build a stadium for CCFC to play in. Can you identify some land as we have no intention of using the Ricoh.

I agree SISU have harked on for years about building their own, and it is also brinksmanship on their part .... but do the council really want to see Wasps fold and have a white elephant living in the city boundary? They would be much better looking after their Sky Blue one.

How dare you! Win the Euro! You play Lotto from now on. LEAVE MEANS LEAVE!

Sky Blue Pete

Talking mainly historical Pete. Under the poker face of Fisher's "brinksmanship" to try and force their agenda as cheaply as possible with threats of building our own ground. It backfired then and my worry is them playing the same hand a second time.

Setting that asside and looking forward - the council should bury their egos and try and help CCFC secure a site for our own ground. SISU should liaise with them and try to secure backers/funding to build, if they are able, and if there is indeed the desire to go down this path this time. Long or short term playing at the Ricoh is in the hands of the insects, unfortunately. However, it would be in the council's best interests to help faciltate this to ensure the Ricoh doesn't end up empty.
Yep ok. I think genuinely that it’s not brinkmanship now as wasps have a 250 year lease

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I think, as long as there were proven efforts to move us back to Coventry either in our own stadium or in Wasps stadium then I'm sure the EFL would support us staying in Birmingham on a temporary basis beyond those 3 years

But what happens if Birmingham City fc say NO ?

shmmeee

So we can be thrown out the league?

It would at least apply some pressure on Wasps and Sisu to reach a deal. Won’t happen though. The EFL want games to go on and owners to be happy. They’d never set a precedent of forcing a club to take a particular deal. Might force some movement on the new ground though.

Sky Blue Pete

It would at least apply some pressure on Wasps and Sisu to reach a deal. Won’t happen though. The EFL want games to go on and owners to be happy. They’d never set a precedent of forcing a club to take a particular deal. Might force some movement on the new ground though.
Maybe, but they’ve agreed 3 years and their priority appears to be financial security and fixtures being completed

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Cross that bridge if we ever need to. You'd hope it wouldn't come to that though.

Don't hold your breath.

Even if the European Court throw out Sisu's clame it will go to the civil courts and that will take years .

And then whoever loses will appeal.

Nick

Administrator
It wouldn't, it would give wasps more leeway. That's what they hoped for last year.

Users who are viewing this thread