Mark Meets Joy (1 Viewer)

matesx

Cheers for that Mark.

It’s not like we are the paying punters.

wingy

Frosty?
He did offer it up freely in the initial interview.
But I guess he knows the angle.

cc84cov

We need to be back in Coventry she’s prob agreed in principle but let’s face it can anyone see it happening any time soon ? Hope what ever he’s asked for he gets else we could lose him

olderskyblue

I was eating at the same place. The only smile I saw was when some young lad went over and interrupted them to ask for a selfie with Mark, and it was Joy smiling.

She then came over to my table and asked for a selfie with me, and said she admired my canvassing for the trust.... ;)

Liquid Gold

Employer meets employee shocker

soon in the telegraph you can expect stories like:
sky is blue
Cats like milk
5 things you didn’t know about dandruff
Hitlers niece
Exclusive: Coventry exists
Rupert bear is a pervert
Wasps pay our bills
Student accommodation
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

Skyblueweeman

We need to be back in Coventry she’s prob agreed in principle but let’s face it can anyone see it happening any time soon ? Hope what ever he’s asked for he gets else we could lose him
When you say shes probably agreed in principle...theres nothing she can do to get us back. The ball is simply in the franchised rugby clubs hands.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The coventrian

When you say shes probably agreed in principle...theres nothing she can do to get us back. The ball is simply in the franchised rugby clubs hands.

She could actually build the club she owns a stadium thus solving the homeless situation that she and Fisher initiated? Is that to much to ask from a football clubs owner to provide us a home? See I don't understand why sisu get a free ride with this. Theyve had everyone's pants down and blatantly lied for 7 years now but nothing gets said. Apparently the ricoh is no good long term and it's gone for us. We cant stay in brum forever.

mr_monkey

She could actually build the club she owns a stadium thus solving the homeless situation that she and Fisher initiated? Is that to much to ask from a football clubs owner to provide us a home? See I don't understand why sisu get a free ride with this. Theyve had everyone's pants down and blatantly lied for 7 years now but nothing gets said. Apparently the ricoh is no good long term and it's gone for us. We cant stay in brum forever.

And that's in the council's hands

Magwitch

And that's in the council's hands
Not just the Council don’t let that thought mask the problem, in fact if it was down to me I’d offer sisu some land potential and see what their reaction would be, could be an education for us all.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

No efl have only agreed for 3 years at St. Andrews. What are you doing to support a new ground?

ccfcway

It will end up being extended. All they need to do is demonstrate they have ticked a box “here is a list of times we have asked wasps” etc. EFL won’t throw us out, they will just extend allowing us to play outside of the city

Skyblueweeman

But getting back to Cov short term (Ricoh) is easier than getting back to the Ricoh long term (new stadium), yes? In which case, it's in Wasps hands.

And for the umpteenth time, Sisu dont get a free ride. I dont know why some on here think that?? The obviously dont.

Us playing in Cov next season is in the hands of one party only though. They play with an oval ball, love councils and are nomadic....

Skyblueweeman

It will end up being extended. All they need to do is demonstrate they have ticked a box “here is a list of times we have asked wasps” etc. EFL won’t throw us out, they will just extend allowing us to play outside of the city
I think you're right. I think we'll be at SAs next season.

ccfcway

But getting back to Cov short term (Ricoh) is easier than getting back to the Ricoh long term (new stadium), yes? In which case, it's in Wasps hands.

And for the umpteenth time, Sisu dont get a free ride. I dont know why some on here think that?? The obviously dont.

Us playing in Cov next season is in the hands of one party only though. They play with an oval ball, love councils and are nomadic....

It’s a very poor state of affairs if our only option to get back to Coventry is in the hope wasps has a change of heart and allows the owners of ccfc to come to play in their stadium knowing they are the ones who started an unstoppable legal case against them.

Sky Blue Pete

I think that’s right to suggest efl won’t throw us out and which fan would want them to?
There’s some disconnect in some of the so called facts we are allowed to know from all parties but the 3 years to sort it out is a fact.

Sky Blue Pete

It’s a very poor state of affairs if our only option to get back to Coventry is in the hope wasps has a change of heart and allows the owners of ccfc to come to play in their stadium knowing they are the ones who started an unstoppable legal case against them.
It’s a financial win win isn’t it? And one would think wasps care about their public perception.

ccfcway

I think that’s right to suggest efl won’t throw us out and which fan would want them to?
There’s some disconnect in some of the so called facts we are allowed to know from all parties but the 3 years to sort it out is a fact.

agreed. As is this is the 2nd time they have allowed us to play out of the city.

Chances they would approve an extension or approve a 3rd time (if we went back and left again) would be very high

mark82

agreed. As is this is the 2nd time they have allowed us to play out of the city.

Chances they would approve an extension or approve a 3rd time (if we went back and left again) would be very high

I think, as long as there were proven efforts to move us back to Coventry either in our own stadium or in Wasps stadium then I'm sure the EFL would support us staying in Birmingham on a temporary basis beyond those 3 years. The alternative is being where Bury are now, kicked out and in the 10th tier.

Hopefully we'll get the Ricoh sorted for next season though, I'm sure there's a will in there on both sides - the demands just need to become a bit more reasonable.

Magwitch

I think, as long as there were proven efforts to move us back to Coventry either in our own stadium or in Wasps stadium then I'm sure the EFL would support us staying in Birmingham on a temporary basis beyond those 3 years. The alternative is being where Bury are now, kicked out and in the 10th tier.

Hopefully we'll get the Ricoh sorted for next season though, I'm sure there's a will in there on both sides - the demands just need to become a bit more reasonable.
Can’t be certain of that.

There has to be serious meaningful attempt to get back to Coventry next season, the club won’t survive years away from Cov

Skyblueweeman

Poor state of affairs or not, that's the fact of where we are. The ONLY way we can get back to the Ricoh next season is if they drop the indemnity request.

That shouldn't be an issue if they/the council havent done anything wrong in the Ricoh transaction of course....

RegTheDonk

Would be interesting if one of us won the Euro and told the Council we're prepared to build a stadium for CCFC to play in. Can you identify some land as we have no intention of using the Ricoh.

I agree SISU have harked on for years about building their own, and it is also brinksmanship on their part .... but do the council really want to see Wasps fold and have a white elephant living in the city boundary? They would be much better looking after their Sky Blue one.

Users who are viewing this thread