Marcus Rashford (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

To be fair I can see the issue with SOME parents not prioritising or pissing money away, that's not ALL though and there are a lot of people still having to use food banks even if they are working full time because they are genuinely struggling.

even if children are going hungry because their parents are feckless, should a civilised society let them go hungry?
And have they got a better chance of turning into useful members of society if we support them or if we leave them at the mercy of parents who aren't up to the job?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The replies all agreeing with themselves that learning to cook should be back on the curriculum. Aside from the fact that isn’t the actual issue as far as I know it still is on the school curriculum. Certainly at my kids school anyway. I know because I’m the one who has to eat the slop they bring back while pretending to enjoy it.

Don't know if it's changed but problem we used to have was time constraints made it harder to cook properly. A lot of the time it involved having to bring in ready made stuff to cut corners. It'd be like in woodwork giving the kids a flat pack to build.

This slightly defies the point and often ends in it being less nutritious offerings like pizzas etc. You're never going to have the time to teach them to cook a proper roast dinner for example, and that's without considering that you've got a teacher who has to keep an eye on all these kids that are using knives, gas etc.

Nick

Administrator
even if children are going hungry because their parents are feckless, should a civilised society let them go hungry?
And have they got a better chance of turning into useful members of society if we support them or if we leave them at the mercy of parents who aren't up to the job?
Oh no, I totally agree. As long as it's done so anything given does go into the kid's bellies rather than into the parents bank account.

I wouldn't want any kid to go hungry, look at Daniel Pelka as an example who was eating from bins and stuff :( Poor kid.

clint van damme

Why is the Mail treating these two highly paid footballers so differently, scratching my head for a reason....

Terry Gibson's perm

One is doing work to help people and the other is doing it to help himself and his horrible wife’s profile.

ajsccfc

They know that they can point to the article and say it's commending Rashford knowing that they're releasing the hounds in the comments sections, classic Mail bullshit.

Terry Gibson's perm

Harsh that. "Horrible wife" how would you know that?

Brand Beckham is all about profile and what they can get out of it, Rashford seems like a bloke doing it for the good of doing it.

The honours system sucks anyway it’s pretty much based on cash

Frostie

Tory MPs had a plan how to deal with Rashford embarrassing them, no surprise the No.1 Tory rag soon jumps onboard:

PurpleBin

Brand Beckham is all about profile and what they can get out of it, Rashford seems like a bloke doing it for the good of doing it.

The honours system sucks anyway it’s pretty much based on cash

I see that. Just think saying someone is horrible based of what you see on TV or the media is a bit harsh.

Terry Gibson's perm

I have just seen tweet where Rashford has tried to defend himself and what a shit fest it is. It’s his money he doesn’t have to give it all away people on there saying give 95% of your wages to charity maybe they should try the same.

clint van damme

I have just seen tweet where Rashford has tried to defend himself and what a shit fest it is. It’s his money he doesn’t have to give it all away people on there saying give 95% of your wages to charity maybe they should try the same.

the kids minted, he doesn't have to give a single fuck about anyone else but he's trying to do something to help people when he could be sat in his mansion ignoring the real world.
He's an absolute hero in my book, (please, please, please don't be the EPL rapist imprisoner!).

chiefdave

Headline says luxury homes but the article talks about a 3 bed semi in Macclesfield!

Also if you read the article its a prop co that’s purchased them and they have mortgages on them.

Complete non story.

David O'Day

Headline says luxury homes but the article talks about a 3 bed semi in Macclesfield!

Also if you read the article its a prop co that’s purchased them and they have mortgages on them.

Complete non story.

Aye, all he's done is invest some of his wages in property.

I thought the right liked that kind of thing.

Nick

Administrator
Ha it makes you laugh really how that's expected to discredit him.

At least he's using his own money for houses and not tax payers like those cunts.

ajsccfc

I remember the outrage they whipped up when Raheem Sterling had the temerity to EAT BREAKFAST after an England defeat or something, and the other time where the SPOILED PRIMA DONNA was showing off his fancy house and then it turned out that he had bought it for his mum to fulfilled a life ambition of setting her up for a life without any more money worries.

ccfcway

the bit i don't get about the free school meals stuff. If people are that poor, how do they eat on Sat / Sunday ?

Surely they should have access to food at the weekend as well ?

Last edited:

Macca

Danny Kelly called it

not really a concerted effort though is it. Let’s not judge the population on the dubious motives of the Daily Mail. Everyone I know to a man thinks he is a legend. What some elements of the press have always despised is the poor doing well for themselves white, black or brown. They feel we should know our place and should we dare to improve our lot they seek to discredit and destroy. Awful old British snobbery at its worst

Users who are viewing this thread