Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Manchester Airport Incident

PVA

Highfield Road Hero
Joined
Apr 22, 2011
Messages
20,704
Reaction score
21,965
There’s a video going round of an incident at Manchester Airport from last night.

I won’t post it in here because it’s rather violent.


A bloke is lying on the ground, arms by his side, having been tasered. The policeman kicks him in the head then tries to stamp on his head. Then more fracas occurs with some other people.

Seems to have been some sort of argument involving the mother of the guy on the floor accidentally getting knocked over by police beforehand, then it escalates.

Feel free to speculate wildly on what happened.
 
coppers gonna cop
 
Have just watched the video, the police were fully justified in their actions. Couple of the police stumbling around pissing blood out their faces.
 
Our police are too soft , more often than not they are taken the piss out of , see Leeds the other night

Need people to Be afraid of the police really , not treat them like security guards .

Agree, always think that about bouncers too. Guess the older people will know but if you fucked around you found out, nowadays they are usually about 17 and 5 stone.
 
Our police are too soft , more often than not they are taken the piss out of , see Leeds the other night

Need people to Be afraid of the police really , not treat them like security guards .

Completely agree, softest police force around.

Sadly too many people that feel sorry for dickheads when they get a kicking.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
 
Why is the video only showing certain parts? Is there any that shows the police being attacked?

Why didn't all of the outraged people stood about split up the fighting and stop them attacking police?

I've never been of the mindset to randomly stop people being arrested or if a copper is struggling to arrest somebody to join in and help them get away.
 
  • Like
Reactions: KAB
There’s a video going round of an incident at Manchester Airport from last night.

I won’t post it in here because it’s rather violent.


A bloke is lying on the ground, arms by his side, having been tasered. The policeman kicks him in the head then tries to stamp on his head. Then more fracas occurs with some other people.

Seems to have been some sort of argument involving the mother of the guy on the floor accidentally getting knocked over by police beforehand, then it escalates.

Feel free to speculate wildly on what happened.
They'd be a little less speculation if you'd of just posted the video!

You could of put a warning out first, so we could all put our big boy pants on.
 
Agree, always think that about bouncers too. Guess the older people will know but if you fucked around you found out, nowadays they are usually about 17 and 5 stone.

Always talked myself out but had a few mates who took a kicking from bouncers back in the day and the general consensus was “yeah I deserved it”
 
  • Like
Reactions: KAB
Completely agree, softest police force around.

Sadly too many people that feel sorry for dickheads when they get a kicking.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Saw a comment on Twitter once in one of these videos of some gimp getting restrained by police that there’s always a screeching woman’s voice going “leave him alone!!” In the background and it’s so true.
 
Always talked myself out but had a few mates who took a kicking from bouncers back in the day and the general consensus was “yeah I deserved it”

I think I was at the age where when I started going out they were just getting a bit more tame.

There’s a video going round of an incident at Manchester Airport from last night.

I won’t post it in here because it’s rather violent.


A bloke is lying on the ground, arms by his side, having been tasered. The policeman kicks him in the head then tries to stamp on his head. Then more fracas occurs with some other people.

Seems to have been some sort of argument involving the mother of the guy on the floor accidentally getting knocked over by police beforehand, then it escalates.

Feel free to speculate wildly on what happened.
It's not even that bad but if they attacked police in the first place then what do they expect?
 
View attachment 37092

A little kick to the head is about right ✅️, sorted
What's the point in giving guns to officers who can't keep hold of them.

Sounds downright stupid to me.

So what there actually doing is just mincing around going "ooh look at me I'm hard with this gun" when really any terrorist could just twat them in the mush and take it off them.

In effect there just bringing firearms into an airport for any one to use.

What could possibly go wrong
 
Surely there would have been more of an issue if they started shooting at them in an air port as opposed to just giving them a bit of a kicking?
 
The video I saw doesn't look good for the officer involved.
But going by this thread it's clearly missing some pretty important events leading up to it.
If whatever disciplinary investigation only ses the video I saw, he's in trouble but hopefully the full story emerges.
 
The video I saw doesn't look good for the officer involved.
But going by this thread it's clearly missing some pretty important events leading up to it.
If whatever disciplinary investigatihon only ses the video I saw, he's in trouble but hopefully the full story emerges.
Well hopefully he will have his and others body camera?
 
Completely agree, softest police force around.

Sadly too many people that feel sorry for dickheads when they get a kicking.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'm old enough to remember when the police were proper wankers.
People should be careful what they wish for. If you think they only dished it out to those who deserved it you're sadly deluded.
That's the reason they got reigned in, though they are far too soft these days.
 
I'm old enough to remember when the police were proper wankers.
People should be careful what they wish for. If you think they only dished it out to those who deserved it you're sadly deluded.
That's the reason they got reigned in, though they are far too soft these days.

I don't disagree that there is a middle ground of course. Don't want a bunch of mini Hitlers but it's just ridiculously soft now, no one is scared of them. Criminals should be scared of police ffs.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
 
The video I saw doesn't look good for the officer involved.
But going by this thread it's clearly missing some pretty important events leading up to it.
If whatever disciplinary investigation only ses the video I saw, he's in trouble but hopefully the full story emerges.

Yeah exactly, need to see the full context of it to really know.

If the lad was being a c**t, fair play, if he wasn't then the copper is a c**t.

Would think the airport will be covered with CCTV and they will have body cameras too.
 
I don't disagree that there is a middle ground of course. Don't want a bunch of mini Hitlers but it's just ridiculously soft now, no one is scared of them. Criminals should be scared of police ffs.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Football matches are about the only time I’ve seen them ‘crack down’.
 
I'm old enough to remember when the police were proper wankers.
People should be careful what they wish for. If you think they only dished it out to those who deserved it you're sadly deluded.
That's the reason they got reigned in, though they are far too soft these days.
100%. Fortunately most people haven’t been on the receiving end.
 
it's not good for the officer, the case is going to be "he was under control at that point and posed no danger, why did you then kick him in the head and try and stamp on his head?"

rightly or wrongly the preceding incident likely won't matter as they'll say "so what he was by this point no longer a danger to you or otherS"
 
I'm usually pro police and I get 3 coppers had already been assaulted and the adrenalyn was probably rushing ... but at this stage, the guy didn't seem a threat. He was on the floor, tasered and seemingly unresponsive, with enough cops aroud to safely cuff him. Would hope this is totally out of character and he just gets some reflective discipline, rather than gross misconduct.
 
I haven't seen the footage, but I can't condone stamping on someone's head.

I do think though that the police should be able to use appropriate force in some given circumstances.
 
I'm usually pro police and I get 3 coppers had already been assaulted and the adrenalyn was probably rushing ... but at this stage, the guy didn't seem a threat. He was on the floor, tasered and seemingly unresponsive, with enough cops aroud to safely cuff him. Would hope this is totally out of character and he just gets some reflective discipline, rather than gross misconduct.
It is gross misconduct though isn’t it
He knew he was being filmed and didn’t give a shit imagine what he’d consider doing in private
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom