Man Utd Chelsea (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Man utd 2 nil up after 12 minutes!

wingy

Appalling referee ,Biased from the start ,not booking carrick for the lunge ,Young took the dive ,Torres definately contacted ,what a sham.:mad:

Real

How come Manure continually keep benefitting from these decisions? I absolutely detest the wankers. There's a reason it's known as The Ferguson Association.

wingy

So another ,if I was Di-matteo i'd get one or two more off ,is it game void if you finish with 7 or less.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Winning goal reminded me of Evanks-Blake goal V Cov a few seasons ago in Championship at Moleneux. He was off the pitch when the ball played but came back on, making himself active, abd scored. That was given too (incorrectly, and later confirmed by ref's chief that it was wrongly given).

Clattenburgs the new Webb!

Desperados

Chelsea have complained the the Premier League about apparent comments Clattenberg made to two of their players. Never heard of that happening before?

Disorganised1

Apparently Man Utd have been affected by the economic downturn, and they've announced that 12 staff will be layed off tomorrow.

There are some very worried referrees :pimp:

Covstu

I cannot believe the only thing they are claiming is about language! There was some awful decisions from him!

Macca

This could lead to compensation for dozens of "racist" sending offs and free kicks over the years

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Ive got to admit, the alledged verbal exchanges were odds on to be 'racial' in todays climate werent they ;)

That said, Twattenburg is, well as the name suggests, and has form fir not behaving in a professional manner so nothing would surprise me! Was it corruption he was once banned for?

Macca

There being some kind of hate crime involved in anything is bordering on an obsession these days

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Have the Police really got nothing better to do, especially after the farse that was the John Terry case?

Police asked to probe referee

The Metropolitan Police have been asked to investigate whether Mark Clattenburg made racist remarks to Chelsea players.
The referee is already under scrutiny from the Football Association after Chelsea complained about two instances of his "inappropriate language" during Sunday's defeat to Manchester United.
One incident is understood to have involved John Obi Mikel, though reports of a racial element in the alleged language have not been confirmed by Chelsea or any of their players.
Clattenburg has been stood down from this weekend's programme and is co-operating with the FA's ongoing probe, but in the meantime the Society of Black Lawyers wants the police to look into whether a criminal offence has been committed.
A letter from the organisation's chairman Peter Herbert to the Metropolitan Police Service read: "The Society of Black Lawyers wishes to record the incident that took place at Chelsea FC.
"Our information is that racist remarks were directed at John Mikel Obi and at Juan Mata. If so, that is wholly unacceptable in any circumstances.
"Although this matter may be investigated by the FA, it is appropriate that the MPS independently see if a racially-aggravated offence has occurred."

Covstu

do we really think he would be that stupid given the recent spotlight on racism!!? I am not so sure but hey nothing would suprise me with football at the moment! Talksport had Graham Poll on today and he was talking about when Chelsea lodged a false compalint against him too......we will see i guess!!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
do we really think he would be that stupid given the recent spotlight on racism!!? I am not so sure but hey nothing would suprise me with football at the moment! Talksport had Graham Poll on today and he was talking about when Chelsea lodged a false compalint against him too......we will see i guess!!

Did they lose that game too i wonder?.....

dutchman

My initiial sympathy is with the referee who has a difficult job to do.

If however it was shown that his remarks were aimed at one particular ethnic group that sympathy would soon evaporate.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think its timefor another change in football to fall inline with Rugby; you can hear the referee through the mik rather than just the 4 officials hearing what is said! Whats to say Twattenburg wont convince his assistants not to speak about against him if they heard what he said?

And surely this is easier to put in place than goal line technology? And Blatter has no reason to be against that......surely?

Covstu

I thinknthe refs should be assessed o. Performance and that's the lot. They do get punished for their mistakes as some of them get demoted. I think refs get unfair treatment for an impossible job.

Sutty

I think its timefor another change in football to fall inline with Rugby; you can hear the referee through the mik rather than just the 4 officials hearing what is said! Whats to say Twattenburg wont convince his assistants not to speak about against him if they heard what he said?

And surely this is easier to put in place than goal line technology? And Blatter has no reason to be against that......surely?

Agree in principle but imagine all the apologies the commentators would have to make for the players swearing and screaming blue murder.

Macca

Referees have one hell of a job. My only criticism is when they take themselves too seriously and think they are above talking and explaining things to players. In terms if the debatable decisions they make, if pundits who have watched 50 replays still can't agree on an incident, what chance a referee

Users who are viewing this thread