Man beheaded in Paris (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

For starters we can stop allowing unchecked migrants into Europe?? Ban all underground sharia courts (which happen) in the UK... Arrest and give life sentences to people preaching terror and hate to the west, deport known terrorists not native to their country back to their own country's...

Act faster on known terror suspects, and come down harder on them before they are allowed to go out and kill people.

Close down any mosque known to preach against the west

Etc etc etc etc

You not bored of having these same discussions?

and you know why those things won't happen and it's nothing to do with liberals, but as you say, same discussion, I've given the reason why on may occasions.

Evo1883

and you know why those things won't happen and it's nothing to do with liberals, but as you say, same discussion, I've given the reason why on may occasions.

But you'd also argue that our Liberal values are used against us and helps allow this kind of evil barbaric shite to carry on

Lighting candles and changing profile pics don't stop terrorism

Evo1883

ok, I don't so can't answer you.

Like I said, western Europe... Far too soft... And that's because of the values ingrained in most of us.
Sadly, terrorism has been allowed to carry on through Europe for a multitude of reasons, but one of the glaring reasons is our values, which bring about a soft approach on these matters and allow things to manifest into a point where extremely bad things happen and we're left scratching our head asking why.. Do you disagree?

I mean hundred of girls were raped accross England and nothing was done for 30 years as not to cause offence? Scared to offend, too soft

fernandopartridge

Like I said, western Europe... Far too soft... And that's because of the values ingrained in most of us.
Sadly, terrorism has been allowed to carry on through Europe for a multitude of reasons, but one of the glaring reasons is our values, which bring about a soft approach on these matters and allow things to manifest into a point where extremely bad things happen and we're left scratching our head asking why.. Do you disagree?

I mean hundred of girls were raped accross England and nothing was done for 30 years as not to cause offence? Scared to offend, too soft

The reason terror attacks happen in Western Europe is because that is where Europe's power lays (France, Britain and Germany). It is nothing to do with levels of tolerance or anything like that.

Evo1883

The reason terror attacks happen in Western Europe is because that is where Europe's power lays (France, Britain and Germany). It is nothing to do with levels of tolerance or anything like that.

giphy.gif

Evo1883

The reason terror happens is because we've got powerful countries ... Got ya

Despite terror incidents happening all accross the world and even in 3rd world countries

There's still a common theme in countries with the most terror incidents... Fuck knows if I know

clint van damme

I mean hundred of girls were raped accross England and nothing was done for 30 years as not to cause offence?

You've got to split that in to two parts to me.
The grooming gangs, handled terribly.
Was that so as not to cause offence, hard to disagree, so on a local level you have a point.
On a global level, given the amount of wars we've become embroiled in and the amount of carnage we've caused, (we being the west), then soft and liberal, definitely not.

Islamic fundamentalism was around when Britain first went into Afghanistan in the 1800s, but it's was a drip that's become a flood, and people can say you can't blame foreign policy but I'm afraid it's very much a factor.
How do we stop it? Not really going to disagree with any of the points you made in post 208, but the reason none of those things are happening is again nothing to do with liberals.
May told the police chief of Manchester to stop being a drama queen when he complained that cuts could lead to a terrorist attack as well as lifting the control order on the actual bomber so he could carry out fuck knows what dirty work in Libya.
Patel, to show she was tough on immigration decided to target the low hanging fruit of the Windrush generation, nothing to do with the left.

Evo1883

You've got to split that in to two parts to me.
The grooming gangs, handled terribly.
Was that so as not to cause offence, hard to disagree, so on a local level you have a point.
On a global level, given the amount of wars we've become embroiled in and the amount of carnage we've caused, (we being the west), then soft and liberal, definitely not.

Islamic fundamentalism was around when Britain first went into Afghanistan in the 1800s, but it's was a drip that's become a flood, and people can say you can't blame foreign policy but I'm afraid it's very much a factor.
How do we stop it? Not really going to disagree with any of the points you made in post 208, but the reason none of those things are happening is again nothing to do with liberals.
May told the police chief of Manchester to stop being a drama queen when he complained that cuts could lead to a terrorist attack as well as lifting the control order on the actual bomber so he could carry out fuck knows what dirty work in Libya.
Patel, to show she was tough on immigration decided to target the low hanging fruit of the Windrush generation, nothing to do with the left.

Our foreign policy didn't create terror in Nigeria for example, there is terrorism in so many Muslim countries its gone way past the point of blaming foreign policy

Brighton Sky Blue

Our foreign policy didn't create terror in Nigeria for example, there is terrorism in so many Muslim countries its gone way past the point of blaming foreign policy

Yet Hillary Benn didn’t make his speech demanding we drop bombs on Nigerian jihadists, just Syrian ones. David Cameron didn’t want an invasion of Saudi to remove the repressive dictatorship there, but did for Libya. We pick and choose which jihadis and dictatorships are ok

Evo1883

Yet Hillary Benn didn’t make his speech demanding we drop bombs on Nigerian jihadists, just Syrian ones. David Cameron didn’t want an invasion of Saudi to remove the repressive dictatorship there, but did for Libya. We pick and choose which jihadis and dictatorships are ok

Islamic terror is rampant despite foreign policy... Show me its not

Evo1883

Erdogan would love this forum

Be interesting to see what kind of influence his comments and the president of Pakistans comments had on the most recent terror attack... Pair of cunts

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The point is there is no trend to suggest that it's a growing problem. Let's take 2017 into account too if you like, over the last 10 years 60 people have been killed in terror attacks of which 42 were in 2017.

I know from your comments on the corona thread that significant chunks of the population don't really matter and I bet some of the 60 were old or had underlying health problems. I mean, it hardly sounds like an issue at all.

On a serious note, the terror problem facing the UK at the minute is nothing compared to that of the IRA over 30 years. Not even close in terms of number of attacks, targets for attacks and numbers killed. Have a look at the numbers yourself.

You see, this is where you let yourself down.

You are on this thread trying to play down the threat of Islamic terrorism using whatever means you can and using convenient date brackets to support your nonsense argument. You might have one or two with a similar narrative to you fooled, but most people aren't. Bear in mind your first go to point is to jump onto the defensive when someone has literally just been beheaded.

Your point above about 'why aren't majority muslim countries waging war on each other' kind of answers itself. Majority being the optimum word. You know that though.

Also, please demonstrate where I have said large chunks of the population don't matter. I think you'll find I have said the exact opposite. I merely pointed out that the virus affects people differently, and that should be taken into account. It is a weak and pathetic jibe, and just demonstrates the lengths you will go to to try and support your airy fairy view.

clint van damme

It hasn't, and like I said, fundamentalism was around centuries ago, but no doubt it's created the deluge that it's become.
You only need to take a look at the trajectory Bin Laden took.

Even if we establish that as fact, which I think it is, domestically that doesn't help solve the issue, especially in the here and now, but again, you need to look to political failure rather than 'lefties' and the 'PC brigade'.

Brighton Sky Blue

You are on this thread trying to play down the threat of Islamic terrorism using whatever means you can and using convenient date brackets to support your nonsense argument. You might have one or two with a similar narrative to you fooled, but most people aren't. Bear in mind your first go to point is to jump onto the defensive when someone has literally just been beheaded.

Your point above about 'why aren't majority muslim countries waging war on each other' kind of answers itself. Majority being the optimum word. You know that though.

Also, please demonstrate where I have said large chunks of the population don't matter. I think you'll find I have said the exact opposite. I merely pointed out that the virus affects people differently, and that should be taken into account. It is a weak and pathetic jibe, and just demonstrates the lengths you will go to to try and support your airy fairy view.

Except Saudi and Iran are worst enemies, Saudi is bombing Yemen into the ground and of course there was previously conflict between Iran and Iraq.

clint van damme

Erdogan would love this forum

Be interesting to see what kind of influence his comments and the president of Pakistans comments had on the most recent terror attack... Pair of cunts

I said Erdogan fanned the flames of this situation earlier in this thread. Only saw a brief interview with Khan and didn't think what he said was so inflammatory but as I said, only heard a brief clip so he might of.

Pakistan had a far worse terror attack last week when a mosque was bombed so Khan has his own issues to deal with.

fernandopartridge

I am not playing it down. I have said that in numbers terms it is miniscule and no evidence that it is growing. You can't even disprove what I am saying. I have taken 2017 into account. I have told you to have a look and compare it with the threat posed by the IRA.

Evo1883

I am not playing it down. I have said that in numbers terms it is miniscule and no evidence that it is growing. You can't even disprove what I am saying. I have taken 2017 into account. I have told you to have a look and compare it with the threat posed by the IRA.

Miniscule? The IRA?

the threat posed by the IRA paled in comparison to Islamic terror globally... And the numbers are not miniscule, the numbers actually 33000 and 15500 in 2018 and 19..
So 58500 deaths in 2 years... Very small that... Not at all a problem

fernandopartridge

Miniscule? The IRA?

the threat posed by the IRA paled in comparison to Islamic terror globally... And the numbers are not miniscule, the numbers actually 33000 and 15500 in 2018 and 19..
So 58500 deaths in 2 years... Very small that... Not at all a problem

Why are you talking about a worldwide threat when all along I've been talking about the threat to us in the UK?

Evo1883

Why are you talking about a worldwide threat when all along I've been talking about the threat to us in the UK?
I've been talking about Islam in general... Europe and globe... That was perfectly clear...

BTW Britain's current threat level is substantial

Evo1883

Anyway fuck Islam, fuck religion.. Brain dead zombies the lot of them

What other way can you describe people that think they're off to heaven on a winged horse

Brighton Sky Blue

Anyway fuck Islam, fuck religion.. Brain dead zombies the lot of them

What other way can you describe people that think they're off to heaven on a winged horse

Similarly to how you’d describe those who believe a woman had a baby without having sex and that a man could come back from the dead.

Brighton Sky Blue

And its deplorable, but that doesn't excuse people making excuses for a fucking backward religion that has no place in modern society

No, but you said that foreign policy hasn’t made Islamic terrorism rampant. We invaded Iraq and created a power vacuum, same in Libya and nearly the same in Syria. All the while we ally ourselves with the Wahhabists in Saudi Arabia. We aren’t solely responsible but we sure made things a lot worse by misguided interventions and alliances

Evo1883

No, but you said that foreign policy hasn’t made Islamic terrorism rampant. We invaded Iraq and created a power vacuum, same in Libya and nearly the same in Syria. All the while we ally ourselves with the Wahhabists in Saudi Arabia. We aren’t solely responsible but we sure made things a lot worse by misguided interventions and alliances

Ofcourse, but it doesn't excuse neither does it explain much of the terrorism we see today around the world... It's an excuse

Brighton Sky Blue

Ofcourse, but it doesn't excuse neither does it explain much of the terrorism we see today around the world... It's an excuse

It partly does because all those invasions, drone strikes and ‘made in USA’ bombs give free propaganda to recruit the impressionable and the desperate.

fernandopartridge

Not forgetting coincidentally actively supporting the Manchester bomber and friends back in 2011 to overthrow Gaddafi.

Users who are viewing this thread