malaga (1 Viewer)

percy

so with malaga turning down a loan extension with nuneaton in order to stay with us, would you bring him back into the team or stick as we are.

percy

He clearly has no future at he club, Robins has mad that clear to him.

fair enough mate. i didnt realise that. i know there has been speculation but didnt know he'd actually been told that. i didnt think he looked that bad bearing in mind its a new country for him and playing in an unsettled backline. also looked a threat in the oppositions box from set pieces

stupot07

Summer signing Kevin Malaga has been transfer listed by Coventry City.

The central defender has been deemed surplus to requirements by boss Mark Robins.

Malaga joined on a three-year deal in July after his contract with Nice expired.

He had been captain of the French side's reserve team. He was one of three central defenders recruited in the summer by then boss Andy Thorn, who also signed William Edjenguele with Reece Brown joining on loan from Manchester United.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...n-transfer-list-92746-31967331/#ixzz2DStTZBcg

percy

stupot how many games have you seen him play in, just out of curiosity. ive only seen him play in a couple and he made fewer mistakes in them games than some of our other defenders have

CJparker

Too early to boot him out yet surely? MR must have barely set eyes on him!

stupot07

I saw both his games for us. He played ok vs Sheff Utd, but was poor vs Bury, especially second half. He didn't make many 'mistakes' but its his positioning was very poor.

To be fair we signed him already aged 25, and he's made a career 3 first team appearance prior to signing for us, literally only playing reserve team football. That tells me a lot, that and the fact Robins immediately put him in the transfer list.

We've had plenty of chat on here about binning off the likes of Jeffers at aged 20, in fact Jeffers has made 7 appearances for us.

percy

fair answer but i think its a bit early to write him off . like you say he hasnt played to much 1st team football but thats because hes been at a couple of decent french teams, who obviously thought he had a bit of talent

stupot07

fair answer but i think its a bit early to write him off . like you say he hasnt played to much 1st team football but thats because hes been at a couple of decent french teams, who obviously thought he had a bit of talent

True but he should have either broke into the first team or been out on loan by the age of 25. In football terms he is as immature as Willis.

dongonzalos

So he played well against Sheff utd.

Who else played shit in that second half against bury.

How many of them are now playing for Boro.

The real question is how quickly can someone learn the key English terms to be a footballer.

Grendel

So he played well against Sheff utd.

Who else played shit in that second half against bury.

How many of them are now playing for Boro.

The real question is how quickly can someone learn the key English terms to be a footballer.

He didn't play well against Sheffield other than a couple of attacking plays. Defensively he was all over the place. Against a very poor Bury team he gave a very dubious performance -- out of position and muscled out of the game alarmingly easily.

You sort of answer your own question -- he went on loan to a non league club and no one else wants him - why?

More to the point what did Thorn see in him and why did Waggot sanction a 3 year contract.

stupot07

Both he and edge are 25

Malaga 3 first team game prior to signing for us
Edge 85 first team games (Swiss 2nd division and Greek Super League.

I'm sorry but at 25 you should have made far more first team games.

dongonzalos

He didn't play well against Sheffield other than a couple of attacking plays. Defensively he was all over the place. Against a very poor Bury team he gave a very dubious performance -- out of position and muscled out of the game alarmingly easily.

You sort of answer your own question -- he went on loan to a non league club and no one else wants him - why?

More to the point what did Thorn see in him and why did Waggot sanction a 3 year contract.

Good point about Nuneaton.

Wag I don't honestly know enough about him to pass comment, don't get a good vibe to be honest.

Thorn judging on his past I would guess something that rest of us would see as the season progressed.

Grendel

Good point about Nuneaton.

Wag I don't honestly know enough about him to pass comment, don't get a good vibe to be honest.

Thorn judging on his past I would guess something that rest of us would see as the season progressed.

There was no past and he could never have seen him play. The French 5th Division is incredibly low level football. Even if we gave him a chance to offer a 3 year deal was a very poor decision.

Grendel

No he wasn't

His positional sense was poor he was culpable for the goal and he was even worse against Bury. Still I am sure someone will snap him up in January.

dongonzalos

peedie87 09:32 PM 21-08-2012 At last a defender who looks dangerous in opposition box!

That was def over the line

Nick 09:33 PM 21-08-2012 Looks to like to play the ball out rather than hoof it too. Picked some great passes under pressure.

At the start he looked a bit of a lard arse but he is quite quick!

gally9 09:35 PM 21-08-2012 Sort of player who don't care if hes going to get hurt, he will throw himself at the ball.. We haven't had that for a long time.. The most surprising thing about it is he's French..

Sutty 09:35 PM 21-08-2012 I like the look of him. Got caught out positionally once or twice but looked very competent in general.

Skybluefaz 09:38 PM 21-08-2012 Bizarrely picked row z out without a lot of pressure in him a couple of times. In general cut the mustard though. As mentioned before, did look very dangerous from set pieces. Didn't look particularly quick to me.

AFCCOVENTRY 09:40 PM 21-08-2012 Going to be a class player

Ccfcisparks 09:42 PM 21-08-2012 It wasn't over the line

Martin180 09:45 PM 21-08-2012 Will only get better the more he plays .Him and Wood could be a great partnership

That Guy 09:46 PM 21-08-2012 Our best defender tonight. Read plays impressively,and positionally is very good. Won a lot of his aerial battles, more often than not was a composed last man. Don't know about those loud boots though!

Skybluefaz 09:47 PM 21-08-2012

Originally Posted by Ccfcisparks: It wasn't over the line It looked a lot over the line to me.

Ccfcisparks 09:50 PM 21-08-2012

Originally Posted by Skybluefaz: It looked a lot over the line to me. Where were you sitting cus from where i was it looked as if the defender was on the line and got rid of it well before

templericoh 09:52 PM 21-08-2012

Originally Posted by Ccfcisparks: It wasn't over the line Sat in block 23, ideal position and looked about a foot over the line

templericoh 09:53 PM 21-08-2012 As for Malaga, looks decent, confident on the ball and looks to keep possession which I like. However lacks a bit of strength and pace, but overall good debut!

Nonleagueherewecome 10:16 PM 21-08-2012 It was over the line by miles: a couple of SheffU players started to protest to the ref before realising the numpty lino hadn't given it.

ccfcrob 10:59 PM 21-08-2012 I honestly thought he had a terrible game looked slow not comfortable on the ball and was out of position which cost us he goal hope clarke gets fit and soon so we cqn move brown back into the middle

Grendel 11:00 PM 21-08-2012

Originally Posted by Nonleagueherewecome: It was over the line by miles: a couple of Sheff U players started to protest to the ref before realising the numpty lino hadn't given it. Yes it was over but we scored 2 minutes later anyway.

CCFC 11:01 PM 21-08-2012

Originally Posted by ccfcrob: I honestly thought he had a terrible game looked slow not comfortable on the ball and was out of position which cost us he goal hope clarke gets fit and soon so we cqn move brown back into the middle Obviously one was out of position but Malaga was about 10 times better than Brown

CCFC_Charlie 11:02 PM 21-08-2012

Originally Posted by Nonleagueherewecome: It was over the line by miles: a couple of Sheff U players started to protest to the ref before realising the numpty lino hadn't given it. Both linesmen were very poor today

ccfcrob 11:02 PM 21-08-2012 Thought brown did ok considering he played 90 minutes out of position i hope im proved wrong but malaga just looked shaky

SkyBlue_Taylor 11:08 PM 21-08-2012

Originally Posted by ccfcrob: Thought brown did ok considering he played 90 minutes out of position i hope im proved wrong but malaga just looked shaky What!? Brown was shocking today, at fault for the goal to start with.

He gave Cofie a golden chance to score, and throughout the game, he gave the ball away over and over.

He's supposed to be versatile, playing anywhere across the back 4.

Atleast when Malaga gave the ball away on 2 particularly stupid times, at least it went out of play so we could reset...

Overall, Malaga had a good debut and his partnership with Wood could prove to be amongst the best

SkyBlue_Bear83

His positional sense was poor he was culpable for the goal and he was even worse against Bury. Still I am sure someone will snap him up in January.
I doubt you even remember the goal tbh, you just make whatever bullshit suits your argument. I swear at the time everyone was saying it was Brown and Barton who were responsible for the goal

I didn't go to the Bury game so won't comment on that, but he did ok at Sheff Utd. Didn't pull up any trees but wasn't all over the place imo

LJC_CCFC

On first inspection he looked better than the edge, from the small amount we've seen of him I can say he is technically better than Wood and Cameron. Fact is he needs games, start him in the u21s and let him get use to English football and the language. Like Barton there is something there with Malaga and imo he just needs time

skybluegod

I doubt you even remember the goal tbh, you just make whatever bullshit suits your argument. I swear at the time everyone was saying it was Brown and Barton who were responsible for the goal

I didn't go to the Bury game so won't comment on that, but he did ok at Sheff Utd. Didn't pull up any trees but wasn't all over the place imo

yeah tbh i was there, it wasn't malaga's fault for the goal it was browns from what i remember

Covstu

I thought he looked okay, looked solid in the air but his passing left something to be desired.

Nick

Administrator
I thought he looked okay, looked solid in the air but his passing left something to be desired.

Thing is he would play it to feet with good simple passes and then i think he tried a long ball which just went to a fan in row z!

Users who are viewing this thread