Majority of Cov fans have no passion or fight... (1 Viewer)

CUS Wyken

The fans of this club have a lot to answer for. I’ve been saying since Millwall Away that Thorn is not the right man for the job. I’ve been ridiculed on here on plenty of occasions. Now more are starting to realise but it’s too late, damage is done.

When we went Millwall Away. 15 Cov fans went to SISU headquarters. Many thought that could be a start of SISU out campaign and getting more publicity through the media to drum up support. 2 months later, a protest was arranged and only 300 make the effort before and none after.

Where’s the passion and fight gone?

I remember after Grimsby in 2001 when fans ran on the pitch and managed to get rid of Strachan 2 days later.

Days at Highfield Road were more passionate. Now at the Ricoh it seems more Prawn Sandwich brigade who doesn’t care. Only exception was Derby.

The majority of fans have sat back and watched the demise without doing anything. Shame.

LastGarrison

This should make interesting reading on a Monday morning!

Have to agree though, on the whole Cov fans are an apathetic bunch.

I support the team on the pitch. I do not like to try and influence the off the field running of the club as I know less than the owners. YES even SISU know more about running a football club than I do.

CUS Wyken

LastGarrison - Its true though mate.

Could you imagine other clubs in a similar position allowing a cowboy board and Sunday league manager sending their club into oblivion?

Maybe it’s a sign of change.... football fans 2012.

EDIT – Take example of both replies above. Says it all.

CUS Wyken

probably because people have more important things to worry about

I’m not sure what you mean by that?

I’m not worrying i’m stating, when fans are at the game. There’s no passion. The atmosphere is poor and at the moment fans are sitting back allowing this club to fall into the 3rd tier of football.

There should be mass protests after.

CUS Wyken

I support the team on the pitch. I do not like to try and influence the off the field running of the club as I know less than the owners. YES even SISU know more about running a football club than I do.

Yes they know how to turn a club into a laughing stock.

They should start a circus. The clowns.

CovFan

I think it's because quite frankly, the club have managed to break even the most hardened of Coventry city fans. People don't hate the situation we are in, they just don't care.

LastGarrison

It is and the worrying thing is that people could finally wake up to it when it's too late!

Although I took the piss out of Jan and his mob for the tangent SOC took, I was fully behind them regarding the original protest and the awareness they brought. I actually thought that it would gather momentum and might just have a bearing on forcing SISU's hand.

Unfortunately, as per usual it appears to have turned into a damp squib.

CUS Wyken

I think it's because quite frankly, the club have managed to break even the most hardened of Coventry city fans. People don't hate the situation we are in, they just don't care.

Well if that’s the case then the fans deserve it don’t they?

CUS Wyken

It is and the worrying thing is that people could finally wake up to it when it's too late!

Although I took the piss out of Jan and his mob for the tangent SOC took, I was fully behind them regarding the original protest and the awareness they brought. I actually thought that it would gather momentum and might just have a bearing on forcing SISU's hand.

Unfortunately, as per usual it appears to have turned into a damp squib.

Probably a bit of everything mate.

As you know lads would much rather spend the day down the boozer watching the scores come in.

Maybe i just want a good old protest of 1000 people venting their anger. (Dreamland)

Next season its very much likely will be playing in League 1 in front of 8,000 fans and watch utter rubbish. Only then will fans realise they should have done something earlier. Reality will hit home big time then

CUS Wyken

what do you intend to do about it?

I’d love to see mass protests inside and outside the ground. Fans venting their frustration etc..

But is not gonna happen is it? Because too many city fans would rather sit back and allow SISU and Thorn to put the nail in the coffin of CCFC.

sky_blue_up_north

There is no club in the football league to my knowledge that has more dismal record than we do over the last 10 years. Never anywhere near the play offs. Struggling relegation in recent years. Owners that don't give 2 fucks if we go down. You can hear it in the fans voices we have been slowly had all the shit kick out of us over many years... and you wonder why the passion is going. I have followed this club for 50 years, and never been as low as I am right now. You have had to ask why as the passion and fight gone, I think I've highlighted some of the reasons above.

iamyouralterego

I’d love to see mass protests inside and outside the ground. Fans venting their frustration etc..

But is not gonna happen is it? Because too many city fans would rather sit back and allow SISU and Thorn to put the nail in the coffin of CCFC.

But what will you do when you realise that that probably isn't answer?

You're venting your frustration at other fans not venting theirs. Who's to say they're not though? Maybe they vent in different avenues.

Cov fans have been fed shit for such a long time now that they will just eat it. Not because they particularly like the taste, but because its what they've become accustomed to and its what they know.

It's not really putting a nail in the coffin is it. It's not going to be the end of CCFC, just a bit of a low point. In 10 years we can look back and think about when we used to be in league 1. A bit like Norwich, Swansea, Southampton, Brighton e.t.c.

CUS Wyken

There is no club in the football league to my knowledge that has more dismal record than we do over the last 10 years. Never anywhere near the play offs. Struggling relegation in recent years. Owners that don't give 2 fucks if we go down. You can hear it in the fans voices we have been slowly had all the shit kick out of us over many years... and you wonder why the passion is going. I have followed this club for 50 years, and never been as low as I am right now. You have had to ask why as the passion and fight gone, I think I've highlighted some of the reasons above.

That’s fair enough and like i said further up. Surely now is the time to do it. Because before we know it. Will be travelling to Crawley next season as underdogs. If you think it’s been bad upto now. Wait until next season.

Playing in front of 8,000 fans in a 32,000 seater stadium.

CUS Wyken

But what will you do when you realise that that probably isn't answer?

You're venting your frustration at other fans not venting theirs. Who's to say they're not though? Maybe they vent in different avenues.

Cov fans have been fed shit for such a long time now that they will just eat it. Not because they particularly like the taste, but because its what they've become accustomed to and its what they know.

How have the majority of fans vented there anger at SISU in different avenues? I've not seen or heard anything...

So basically your saying the fans have given up?

CUS Wyken

It's not really putting a nail in the coffin is it. It's not going to be the end of CCFC, just a bit of a low point. In 10 years we can look back and think about when we used to be in league 1. A bit like Norwich, Swansea, Southampton, Brighton e.t.c.

Or it could and probably will turn out like Luton, Bradford or Plymouth if we stay under the current owners and manager.

Or it could and probably will turn out like Luton, Bradford or Plymouth if we stay under the current owners and manager.

Why do you say that? The financial fair play rules are being introduced now and I think we have a good chance of being one of the only self sustainable clubs in the football league. This should hold us in good stead when other clubs are having firesales and slashing the wage bill.

iamyouralterego

How have the majority of fans vented there anger at SISU in different avenues? I've not seen or heard anything...

So basically your saying the fans have given up?

It can be as little as a rant on a message board or having a beer to drown the sorrows. Most people will do most things to avoid confrontation so trying to evoke a mass protest, i believe, isn't hugely viable is it?

In laymans, yeah, they've probably now given up. Or at least to the point where they think that they personally can change things. Can you blame them?

Now at the Ricoh it seems more Prawn Sandwich brigade who doesn’t care. Only exception was Derby.

So your opinion of showing you care is to behave like those idiots at the Derby game? That was an ugly approach to protests. The Southampton boycott/protest was the right way to go about it, although i dont believe protests will have any effect on SISU. They've shown how little they care about the fans and also their lack of conscience so they wont care about any such thing. I think for the majority of fans, as you put it, its not a case of having no passion or fight, more a belief that whatever they do or say, wont influence SISU in the slightest. We've just got to sit tight and ride the storm. That doesn't mean people don't care.

stupot07

You could say that, although you could say that the past 10 years would be enough for any fan to turn apathetic.

You could argue that since our initial promotion to the first division 44 year ago, we been battling relegation for all bar 4/5 seasons in that time.

Bloodnut1964

So your opinion of showing you care is to behave like those idiots at the Derby game? That was an ugly approach to protests. The Southampton boycott/protest was the right way to go about it, although i dont believe protests will have any effect on SISU. They've shown how little they care about the fans and also their lack of conscience so they wont care about any such thing. I think for the majority of fans, as you put it, its not a case of having no passion or fight, more a belief that whatever they do or say, wont influence SISU in the slightest. We've just got to sit tight and ride the storm. That doesn't mean people don't care.

Well said mate, too many preople on here don't think things thru properly.

CUS Wyken

Idiots at the Derby game? The only idiots that day were the police/stewards who provoked the trouble.

The atmosphere was the best i've known for a while that day. Speaks volumes to me. Its called passion and thats what football is all about on and off the pitch.

CUS Wyken

Also sit back and ride a storm.... This will be nothing if SISU and Thorn are here next season. Can you imagine it? 8,000 fans watching rubbish football and been a midtable team for the next 5 years in league 1.

Can't wait :facepalm:

procdoc

I'm not going next season, I don't enjoy it anymore and there are other things I'd rather do on a saturday afternoon than sit in the freezing cold watching rubbish football. I have given up hope of staying up this year and I think CUS is right, we'd struggle in league one because regardless of financial FairPlay regulations sisu will sell everyone worth anything anyway

cloughie

We can only hope. I'd settle for a mid table team.

Wel if thats what being a city fan is we might as well give up and not bother, the only teams i would settle for in div1 as a mid table team leicester and the vile, but us ??????????

Users who are viewing this thread