Maidstone Tickets (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Ashdown

We are very tribal in the UK. I watch games in Spain now and almost every match away fans are mixed in the home ends…although there is a code of conduct whereby they are not out to cause any bother and are respectful.

SkyBlueMatt

We are very tribal in the UK. I watch games in Spain now and almost every match away fans are mixed in the home ends…although there is a code of conduct whereby they are not out to cause any bother and are respectful.

I prefer it like that. Football should be tribal (within the realms of common sense), us vs them. As an away fan too, when you go to a ground and it's intimidating (rarely anymore now).

Ashdown

I prefer it like that. Football should be tribal (within the realms of common sense), us vs them. As an away fan too, when you go to a ground and it's intimidating (rarely anymore now).
I do tend to agree overall, I’ve enjoyed the thrill of that for many years….although your attitude does change a bit as you get older.
It took a bit of getting used to in Spain .

Not NWS

I was the only Maidstone fan on the train to Cambridge after the Ipswich game. Everyone was fine, even curious enough to have a chat. Unless there’s something different in the water in Coventry, I’m looking forward to a pint in the city centre and then taking a bus to the ground.

SkyBlueSoul

I was the only Maidstone fan on the train to Cambridge after the Ipswich game. Everyone was fine, even curious enough to have a chat. Unless there’s something different in the water in Coventry, I’m looking forward to a pint in the city centre and then taking a bus to the ground.
You won't have a problem in general, it's just away fans in the home end that might get on some people's nerves if they struggle to contain themselves. Most people in pubs and en route will be happy to have a chat.

skyblueelephant76

Everything will be fine before and after the game. The issue would be away fans in the home end celebrating anything during the game. If you get stuffed it won't be a problem.

Ashdown

Excellent , I hope many of you enjoy some of the medieval old buildings and a few of our character pubs. Spend plenty of money and enjoy yourselves.
Flying standard in Broadgate for a Wetherspoons, Golden Cross, Old Windmill or Town Wall Tavern for quirky . All do food. There are many others of course. Not sure where the police will advise but if you keep a low and sensible profile you should be able to go anywhere. You can catch a bus to near the stadium at stand TS4 outside of Sainsbury’s near the Flying Standard.

pusbccfc

That's mainly because there isn't any away fan culture in Spain. They are known for their non-existent away followings.

Segregation is in most leagues in Europe. It's not a UK thing.

Not NWS

You won't have a problem in general, it's just away fans in the home end that might get on some people's nerves if they struggle to contain themselves. Most people in pubs and en route will be happy to have a chat.
Although we sold out quickly, there are spare tickets floating around for those who want them. Wouldn’t have minded being in the home end for Ipswich to see our fans as a whole group going mental. Ipswich was my big club growing up. There’s quite a debate among their fans about being seen as too nice. Where the Cobbold stand is long, we couldn’t get a sense of ourselves as a group. Suspect it will be different where your away section is a deep end. Might help with singing. The result itself is in the hands of the gods.

Ashdown

That's mainly because there isn't any away fan culture in Spain. They are known for their non-existent away followings.

You would be surprised how many Spanish fans travel. The distances are mostly long but at our local team Elche we get big turnouts from some teams. Almería , Albacete, Sevilla, Barca, Valencia, Levante, Bilbao and of course the Madrid teams.
There are many universities in the locality which provide some of this support too.
Just Yesterday Elche took 2000+ to Cartagena.

CV22SBA

You would be surprised how many Spanish fans travel. The distances are mostly long but at our local team Elche we get big turnouts from some teams. Almería , Albacete, Sevilla, Barca, Valencia, Levante, Bilbao and of course the Madrid teams.
There are many universities in the locality which provide some of this support too.
Just Yesterday Elche took 2000+ to Cartagena.
I’ve been to Real Madrid twice and Barcelona twice. On all 4 occasions I don’t recall seeing a single away fan.

Ashdown

Just Yesterday Elche took 2000+ to Cartagena
I’ve been to Real Madrid twice and Barcelona twice. On all 4 occasions I don’t recall seeing a single away fan.
who were they playing ?
I went away with Elche to Valencia, there were about 2000 of us, some on an official away section , some just scattered around.

David O'Day

Regarding away fans in the home end, there will be a few but keep your heads down and you'll be fine.

if you don't you'll likely get the piss taken out of you and then be removed from the ground.

pusbccfc

who were they playing ?
I went away with Elche to Valencia, there were about 2000 of us, some on an official away section , some just scattered around.

2000 is a very average following compared to what's seen in England and Germany. League 2 clubs take that to away matches.

Agreed with other post, whenever I've been to a game in Europe, the tiny away section is always empty.

They only seem to travel when it's a European match.

pusbccfc

Regarding away fans in the home end, there will be a few but keep your heads down and you'll be fine.

if you don't you'll likely get the piss taken out of you and then be removed from the ground.

I will be surprised. Maidstone fans are giving tickets away on their forum. Seems loads purchased before realising the difficult Monday night journey.

David O'Day

I will be surprised. Maidstone fans are giving tickets away on their forum. Seems loads purchased before realising the difficult Monday night journey.
There will be a handful who would of tried to get home tickets when they can "sold out"

Not NWS

There will be a handful who would of tried to get home tickets when they can "sold out"
Once stood in the home end of Millwall’s old Den. Which was interesting when my team were winning. Doubt there will be any Maidstone outside the away section.

fernandopartridge

who were they playing ?
We went to watch Málaga play Villarreal and there was not a single away fan there. This was a Saturday in early September.

TBF it is 400+ miles.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

bigfatronssba

I feel that inside the ground it should always be tribal within reason. It helps create a good atmosphere

Outside the ground however I like to see fans mixing with each other.

SkyBlueSoul

I feel that inside the ground it should always be tribal within reason. It helps create a good atmosphere

Outside the ground however I like to see fans mixing with each other.
Agree. I enjoyed the atmosphere before the play-off semi where you had Boro fans in shirts/colours having a pint with us in the fan zone behind the east stand. Admittedly that was a more special occasion than normal games.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

" any supporters buying for this game must have a previous purchase history "

So if you want to go and this is your first ever game and no one has bought a ticket for you then you can't go . The club must be worried about possible away fans getting in the home end but surely some kind of proof of address like a driving licence would suffice .

Last edited:

MalcSB

It would have been fairer for them if the match had been played on Saturday.

robbiethemole

I hope there won’t be any in the home end. On Friday there were reps from CCC, WMP, SAG, EFL all checking standing, smoking and the other, as the Coucil bastards are trying to say we’re operating outside our licence regs. Looks like they are out for revenge and are trying to close parts of the ground. Pete, did you go to the last meeting in the stewards room?

wingy

I hope there won’t be any in the home end. On Friday there were reps from CCC, WMP, SAG, EFL all checking standing, smoking and the other, as the Coucil bastards are trying to say we’re operating outside our licence regs. Looks like they are out for revenge and are trying to close parts of the ground. Pete, did you go to the last meeting in the stewards room?
Oh that was the pink jacket poking his head over the parapet also the doors left until HT to stop people getting out?

SBbucks

It would have been fairer for them if the match had been played on Saturday.

But it couldn’t be played on Saturday as the 5th round is deliberately a midweek round to avoid disrupting the weekend games. Until they move it to Monday, obviously…
As an aside, all last seasons’ 5th round games were on Tuesday/Wednesday, as they should be.

skybluericoh

But it couldn’t be played on Saturday as the 5th round is deliberately a midweek round to avoid disrupting the weekend games. Until they move it to Monday, obviously…
As an aside, all last seasons’ 5th round games were on Tuesday/Wednesday, as they should be.
I think ours would have been Tuesday if we weren’t playing Friday night. So it was a good excuse to move to the Monday. This is down to the Prem looking after themselves and stuffing the rest of football up,

MalcSB

I think ours would have been Tuesday if we weren’t playing Friday night. So it was a good excuse to move to the Monday. This is down to the Prem looking after themselves and stuffing the rest of football up,
Isnt that arse about face? We weren’t playing on Friday until the cup game was scheduled on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread