Maidstone Tickets (2 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

Our U21's should be beating Maidstone comfortably.
Why? And certainly not in a match like this. As I understand it our u21 team often contains quite a few 16/17 year olds with little or no experience of men's football.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I'm enjoying all this chatter. We are a tier 6 side. Our regular strike force can't play. We have one other striker that can play. If Appiah is ruled out we will probably play an injury prone centre back that is 50:50 to make it. We could/should have been 4 down at Ipswich after 15mins. It would be lovely to come and win again but realism says that you ain't gonna score just one from 38 chances. We had our day in the sun and it was wonderful. It is nice to be brining another big crowd but all this nonsense about if you get through.

What I hope for most is that we remain competitive for as long as possible to keep the atmosphere up
I think it's a bit disrespectful that quite a lot of people on here are expecting 5-0, 7-0, 10-0 victory. It's ridiculous. This is the cup and as we all know anything can happen .
Cov should win but we should have beaten Wrexham last season and countless other lower league teams over the years.
If I were the manager of Maidstone I'd be pointing out some of our comments regarding the thrashing to his players and getting a reaction..

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Seriously?

Be quicker just to hop on a coach!
No scheduled flights so assuming private and therefore no lost time in the normal airport at either end, kit man will drive the van and all the gear so should be a lot quicker than coach via M25 etc

SBT

We are a tier 6 side. Our regular strike force can't play. We have one other striker that can play. If Appiah is ruled out we will probably play an injury prone centre back that is 50:50 to make it. We could/should have been 4 down at Ipswich after 15mins.
No debate for me, play our strongest 11
These posts almost being back-to-back, phenomenal stuff

skybluecam

The thing is, if it’s going to be as easy as some people who want to pick a silly team think we should be able to play a strong team, go 3/4-0 up in 30 mins and bring players off.

The reality would be that it wont be that easy and therefore we’re better having a strong team out there instead of scrabbling around to bring our better players on a la Wrexham last year.

skybluecam

It’s also the pressure any youth players would be under- imagine making your debut in a 5th round knockout game where losing will not only eliminate you from the cup but would essentially make us the laughing stock of the country.

Hertsccfc

It’s also the pressure any youth players would be under- imagine making your debut in a 5th round knockout game where losing will not only eliminate you from the cup but would essentially make us the laughing stock of the country.
Exactly. It would be foolish and cruel to chuck youngsters into such a match.

Terry Gibson's perm

8-0 if we put a decent side out and score early, two in the first ten minutes to knock the stuffing out of them and blast them away by half time.

Make them wish they had got to play the Man City reserve team.

Mucca Mad Boys

Don't underestimate what an achievement it will be if we manage to make the play offs again.

Gonna take a huge effort from the squad if we going to get there.

It's doable but a big ask, yesterday's matches changed very little. Was still a big ask before then also.
I don’t agree that it is a ‘big ask’. Our team is in a better place than last season.

It’s an achievement to make the playoffs and to bounce back after a rebuild but the squad undoubtedly has playoff quality. That and I believe we have one of the ‘easiest’ run ins too.

There’s a lot of pessimism - we are in control of our destiny and chasing a 3 point deficit.

SBT

Team going full strength in FA cup 5th round shock

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
It’s the lowest ranked team to reach this stage in 50 years or something.

Other teams playing this kind of mismatch fixture have typically rested at least half of their usual starters. Would be mad for us to not do the same.

Legia Sky Blue

Maybe playing Lusala is the only realistic alternative if we want to rest MVE, given Lati & Eccles are probably required to play elsewhere, but this does not mean we will be playing our entire under 21 team, as some of you keep asserting. He is only one player! Any other under 21's such as Stretton, Andrews and Eghosa are likely to be kept to the bench only, to be used if and when we are winning comfortably. If MR looks to utilise his full squad to rest players for the West Brom game the team is still likely to contain the likes of Collins, Binks, Bidwell, Lati, Kelly, Palmer and Godden, who are not going to be physically outmuscled like our under 21's might.

Captain_Slackbladder

Fuck him. It was deliberate. He didn't give a shit about who was below.
It wasn't, I spoke to him the day after and once he started rolling there was nothing to stop him. Appreciate it does look deliberate from some of the footage, but it definitely wasn't. The surface is steeper that I looks and pretty slick from memory. He was back out in the pubs in Maidstone that night.

David O'Day

It’s the lowest ranked team to reach this stage in 50 years or something.

Other teams playing this kind of mismatch fixture have typically rested at least half of their usual starters. Would be mad for us to not do the same.
We don't have the squad to do that.

Mucca Mad Boys

We put 6 past a team in the playoff positions in the league below us and realistically it should have been more. I really don't get the panic or worry playing against Maidstone. The game will be won by half time.
By playing our first strength team, no pissing about.

You get caught out badly by playing a massively rotated side, specifically handing out debuts to players who don’t play men’s football.

Start strong, take a commanding lead then make use of the 5 subs we have. Get the job done without stress.

Brighton Sky Blue

It wasn't, I spoke to him the day after and once he started rolling there was nothing to stop him. Appreciate it does look deliberate from some of the footage, but it definitely wasn't. The surface is steeper that I looks and pretty slick from memory. He was back out in the pubs in Maidstone that night.
From memory?! Have you got previous?

David O'Day

You can see him in the video roll forward on purpose. Strange how it's happen to anyone else isn't it.

Defend your mate all you want but he was a prick who could of really hurt someone.

Users who are viewing this thread