Maf!! (2 Viewers)

lewys33

I think people are very harsh on MAF (kind of proves that cov fans always need to hate on 1 player).

He is a holding striker, so what did people really expect on Monday. He was doing quite well at holding up the ball and being a big presence up top but maddison and the like were not running on when MAF was holding up the ball ready to lay it off. The lack of movement in the first half was unreal.

I think TM played him instead of AA because of 2 reasons:

1) he is big, and we have been struggling in that department lately with physicality etc.
2) TM had a plan that MAF would hold the ball up then lay it off to maddison etc. to take it further on and be quick through the gaps. It didn't work, but I don't think it is all MAF's fault.

letsallsingtogether

I think people are very harsh on MAF (kind of proves that cov fans always need to hate on 1 player).

He is a holding striker, so what did people really expect on Monday. He was doing quite well at holding up the ball and being a big presence up top but maddison and the like were not running on when MAF was holding up the ball ready to lay it off. The lack of movement in the first half was unreal.

I think TM played him instead of AA because of 2 reasons:

1) he is big, and we have been struggling in that department lately with physicality etc.
2) TM had a plan that MAF would hold the ball up then lay it off to maddison etc. to take it further on and be quick through the gaps. It didn't work, but I don't think it is all MAF's fault.

But that is not the way we play, should be all out high tempo.
When we do that teams struggle against us, and that is what we tried to do in the second half a bait a bit to late on in the game.

lewys33

But that is not the way we play, should be all out high tempo.
When we do that teams struggle against us, and that is what we tried to do in the second half a bait a bit to late on in the game.

yh I agree - I think TM was worried about the size of their defence and possibly had a plan of bringing on the quicker players later on when they were tired. Plan B worked but obviously Plan A didn't work as well!

higgs

Mogga knows what he's at but I was surprised he made so many changes at weekend but we got a point in the end and hopefully another 3 points Saturday

higgs

He hasn't started too many games in an ideal world we would be 2 goals up then bring him on for last 20 mins

Users who are viewing this thread