Maf!! (1 Viewer)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I didnt see the game or havent seen him play, should TM let him go what should he do with him is he taking up wages could be used on another player thoughts?

KG7

Either very good or total shite. Today total shite. Better to have Tudgay IMO.

mechaishida

Tudgay is far more capable than MAF, in every department; the latter just seems clumsy and clueless, no disrespect intended.

I agree that he should be released to free up wages; at this stage of the season, particularly now that we're stuttering up front a bit, we need a striker capable of actually causing problems to the opposition and netting a few important goals while Armstrong is faltering.

pusbccfc

Tudgay looked so, so much better.

Otis

I trust Mowbray. Look where he has guided us.

He has worked with Fortune before too at Celtic and West Brom. I trust him to make the right decisions.

We are not on the training ground week in week out and we don't seem the strategies and formations they work on day to day.

ccfc92

I trust Mowbray. Look where he has guided us.

He has worked with Fortune before too at Celtic and West Brom. I trust him to make the right decisions.

We are not on the training ground week in week out and we don't seem the strategies and formations they work on day to day.

Whilst I agree with this, it's match day that gets us wins.

No point having a player who's Messi in training if they're Clive Platt on match day.

covboy9

the point is the way tudgay led the line vs burton. maf has not got close to this nor does he score, hes too old and often way off the place mowbray is getting this wrong we are a bot of a soft touch on the road and we are not looking a goal threat away either

stevefloyd

I do agree we are not creating a lot these days.. so a change of tactics was needed this change didnt work either so we wait until the next game

Otis

Whilst I agree with this, it's match day that gets us wins.

No point having a player who's Messi in training if they're Clive Platt on match day.
But I'm not talking about playing well in training, I'm talking about playing to a system in training.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Mowbray has got it wrong with MAF, I wouldn't mind him as third or fourth choice who you chuck on with 10 to play when chasing the game and decide to go more direct. He's not good enough to be second choice.

SkyBlueHomer

Its all about opinions. TM at this time prefers MAF to Tudgay, not sure why though. To be fair he sees them much more than any of us do.
If either player was to be offloaded in January going by playing time Tudgay would be the one.

mechaishida

But I'm not talking about playing well in training, I'm talking about playing to a system in training.

Although I trust TM, I don't have any faith in MAF. He just clearly isn't what we need or want, and for there to be a better player languishing on the bench at his expense is quite bad, really.

Tactically, I just cannot see how he adds anything positive to the team. Tudgay isn't a world beater, by any stretch of the imagination, but he offers much more balance, intelligence and aerial threat than MAF.

Without a more reliable alternative to MAF (given TM's reluctance to use Tudgay), there's more pressure on AA; we need another striker, one who can make himself a nuisance to defences and link up with the other attacking players.

clint van damme

So Mowbray IS losing the plot then eh?

hes taken a punt on a player who is described as shite my supporters of every club he played for.

However, he hasn't played this low down the leagues so TM was probably hooping he could do it in league 1. Unfortunately it doesn't look as though he can.

D

Deleted member 2477

Quite simply the last two away games ive seen maf start and both games the team were shit until he went off. He cant control a ball, cant head a ball and every time he gets in the box he turns his back on goal looking to give it to someone els as hes scared to shoot. Get rid and use tudguy or get another striker in.

Nick

Administrator
He should only be brought on to see out a game and slow the game down to a stand still in the corner.

Hobo

I'd love to know what his thought process is. Clearly TM knows what he's doing and must have a reason, what does he see that we don't?

Training Monday to Friday?

I must admit I think Tudgay has been under used at this level. But all managers have one or two they seem to favour.

johnwillomagic

Tudgay chronically under used I'm sorry but no-one will convince me that TM hasn't got this wrong
so far this season.......MAF a difficult one the away game I saw him start in vs Colchester I was spitting feathers
he started ahead of Tudguy but he played very well on that day so can do it.

Bit catch 22 this one would like him as squad option but if it meant getting more game time for Tudguy and another centre back
in then sorry MAF you'd be gone!!

D

Deleted member 2477

Agree lurker. Everyone can see it except tm at the moment.

pusbccfc

You could see signs in the second half that Tudgay would do superb alongside Armstrong. He won a few headers and brought the ball down fantastically. Just a shame his pass was poor to Murphy late on.

Fortune won very little, messed up his big chance and slowed the play down.

Irish Sky Blue

hes taken a punt on a player who is described as shite my supporters of every club he played for.

However, he hasn't played this low down the leagues so TM was probably hooping he could do it in league 1. Unfortunately it doesn't look as though he can.

Not true. Was highly rated by fans at West Brom. TM has proved he is no fool, wouldn't pick him if he couldn't do a job. I did think Tudgay played well when he came on. I didn't think MAF was great but not as poor as some are saying.

Irish Sky Blue

He's played 1 good game against col u and that's it. He offers nothing apart from slow the game down. He's a waste of space and we looked a much better team when he went off today
Was also excellent on his debut against Shrewsbury. Seems to be turning into the latest whipping boy.

skybluekelly98

Tudgay chronically under used I'm sorry but no-one will convince me that TM hasn't got this wrong
so far this season.......MAF a difficult one the away game I saw him start in vs Colchester I was spitting feathers
he started ahead of Tudguy but he played very well on that day so can do it.

Bit catch 22 this one would like him as squad option but if it meant getting more game time for Tudguy and another centre back
in then sorry MAF you'd be gone!!

100% agree

letsallsingtogether

We had a masterclass from MAF today.......

On how not to play was awful gave away nearly every ball he was given.

Then again I suppose he was MOTM as he delivered what we expected from him?

Adge

I don't rate him as a starter but could be good coming on towards the end when we are defending a lead.

Adebola was not a prolific goal score but atleast he offered more than MAF!!

Really do feel for Tudgay though
Yep that's about as good as it gets. Someone to bring on when we have a slender lead to hold the ball up and slow the game down.

Users who are viewing this thread