Madeline McCann (1 Viewer)

wingy

I can't help but feel I've seen or heard something so similar in this investigation before .
I'm thinking also the re registering of the car 13yrs ago in Portugal might have taken longer than 1day?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
The cadaver dog alerted to a body in the McCann's apartment, the one they moved to and in the McCann's car- nowhere else in the area. Thats the bit I can't understand. I'm not saying they did it, however I do think there is a lot more to it than the story thats come out so far.

Yeah I don't get it, it was on that documentary. The dogs sensed something in one of the rooms but it was seemingly ignored.

Ring Of Steel

I follow Sonia on Twitter and have watched some podcasts where she's been a guest. Shes interesting and passionate but she goes down some rabbit holes at times. Always worth a listen though.

The fella in America who does the interview analysis deconstructed an interview with them. That was interesting but I can't remember his name.

Yes me too- and the interviewer, he has a great story- grew up in Warrington, went to USA on a fake ID, made millions trading, ended up being the biggest drug dealer in Arizona, got caught & spent years in some proper hellhole prisons, started a blog from inside prison under a fake name, then came back & wrote some books on it and now does podcasts about the 'real' stories behind crime. You have to take some of his podcasts with a pinch of salt, but his own story is pretty good.

Sky Blue Harry H

Never really thought about this aspect before, but remembered my mum and dad would leave my brother and me at home (both below aged 14) in the 70's and go and meet their friends in Leamington for a drink (not on the piss). Great parents, but would be castigated now? Wasn't every night, and tended to be later in the evening, back around 11pm. Will chat with my brother later for his take on it, but we've never discussed it negatively (we had a happy childhood). I have a 14yo son, and we'd never do the same. Don't agree with what the McCanns did, but can't bring myself to say they deserve to suffer. Wouldn't wish that on any parent.

clint van damme

Yes me too- and the interviewer, he has a great story- grew up in Warrington, went to USA on a fake ID, made millions trading, ended up being the biggest drug dealer in Arizona, got caught & spent years in some proper hellhole prisons, started a blog from inside prison under a fake name, then came back & wrote some books on it and now does podcasts about the 'real' stories behind crime. You have to take some of his podcasts with a pinch of salt, but his own story is pretty good.

i like Shaun, been following his podcasts for a while and you're right, he's got a great story.
I turn off now though when he gets Wildman co-hosting, I know it's his mate and an integral part of his story but he's a fucking idiot!

Nick

Administrator

Shaun Attwood? Yeah I read a few of his books and they were pretty interesting.

Sbarcher

Never really thought about this aspect before, but remembered my mum and dad would leave my brother and me at home (both below aged 14) in the 70's and go and meet their friends in Leamington for a drink (not on the piss). Great parents, but would be castigated now? Wasn't every night, and tended to be later in the evening, back around 11pm. Will chat with my brother later for his take on it, but we've never discussed it negatively (we had a happy childhood). I have a 14yo son, and we'd never do the same. Don't agree with what the McCanns did, but can't bring myself to say they deserve to suffer. Wouldn't wish that on any parent.
When we lived in Co Durham and I was about 4/5 my parents went out drinking with my aunt and uncle. I was put to bed, but woke about 10pm. Finding no-one in the house, I went outside looking for them. Hardly anyone in the main street, but a policeman found me and took me back home. He waited with me until my parents returned and gave them such a bollocking. No other action than that, apart from me getting my arse tanned for leaving the house. These days I'd be placed with Social Services, but luckily no harm done.

Ring Of Steel

i like Shaun, been following his podcasts for a while and you're right, he's got a great story.
I turn off now though when he gets Wildman co-hosting, I know it's his mate and an integral part of his story but he's a fucking idiot!

spot on- he came down with COVID apparently and was in a very bad way. I can't listen to him either.

OffenhamSkyBlue

The thing i can't abide is the criminal amount of money that has been pissed up the wall in looking for her, and now how she is fucking front page news. She's been dead for years - move on FFS!

wingy

I can't help but feel I've seen or heard something so similar in this investigation before .
I'm thinking also the re registering of the car 13yrs ago in Portugal might have taken longer than 1day?
Ah
So it's not deja vu.
Links to the investigation as far back as 2013 and 2017 .

Ring Of Steel

Is he the fat fella with the silly laugh?

Yes that sounds like him- he's the one in the books who was asking for more 'red death' prison food when everyone else was refusing it as it was out of date unidentified meat which made most people sick. No issue with the guy but crap to listen to and not engaging at all.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

When we lived in Co Durham and I was about 4/5 my parents went out drinking with my aunt and uncle. I was put to bed, but woke about 10pm. Finding no-one in the house, I went outside looking for them. Hardly anyone in the main street, but a policeman found me and took me back home. He waited with me until my parents returned and gave them such a bollocking. No other action than that, apart from me getting my arse tanned for leaving the house. These days I'd be placed with Social Services, but luckily no harm done.
Its bad enough parents doing this and risking the house burning down or child being snatched. What they fail to consider is the more likely event, as happened in your case, that the child wakes up and realised their parents aren't there. Absolute panic and something they are likely never to forget for the rest of their lives.

skybluetony176

Its bad enough parents doing this and risking the house burning down or child being snatched. What they fail to consider is the more likely event, as happened in your case, that the child wakes up and realised their parents aren't there. Absolute panic and something they are likely never to forget for the rest of their lives.
A year almost to the day after Maddy McCann went missing I was on holiday in Spain with my wife and eldest daughter who just turned one the week before. Maddy McCann went missing the week after my daughter was born. Anyway, we were in the hotel and it was about four in the morning and I awoke to a commotion outside. Turned out a British couple had left their four year old daughter in the hotel room and gone out on the piss returning back in the early hours to find their daughter missing. Luckily she was found safe and well in the holiday club on her own drawing pictures. Her parents were fuming with the hotel because they’d locked her in the room before going out on the piss. However you can only lock the door to the outside, from the inside it’s still unlocked (apparently a fire regulation) and can be opened. The father was telling me this by the pool the next day telling me how it was disgusting that the hotel let their daughter escape from the hotel room while they were getting pissed. I told him he was an idiot and reminded him it’s only a year since Maddy McCann was abducted in the same circumstances.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

A few things have always massively stuck out for me in the whole saga from both a moral perspective and suspicious perspective. One, they took money from the Maddie fund to pay their mortgage. Baffling. Secondly, and more worryingly, why the hell did Kate wash Madeline's teddy almost immediately after she died?! I'm not a parent, but it genuinely blows my mind that the one thing that may still smell of her, or provide some hope in finding her through DNA etc. and you go and wash it? No one is convincing me that isn't majorly suspicious. As for the new lead, probably cynical but wouldn't be surprised if at this point they're just throwing some sick bastard who's already doing a lengthy spell under the bus to draw a line under it.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I too have my suspicions about this German connection. As you say Gary, he's doing life already - he's probably accepted some sort of deal to get thrown under the bus on the flimsiest of evidence! Same as al-Megrahi about the Lockerbie bombing - it was all a bit convenient for my liking.

As for the Met's role in this, where the fuck has all the money gone? And if the Germans have come up with the answer, 13 years too late, remind me why we are members of Europol again ...!

Sky Blue Harry H

Why would the German police concoct a story to 'cover up' on behalf of the McCann parents? The bloke may be 'innocent' of this particular crime, but a conspiracy theory to frame him by an unrelated police force, on behalf of the McCanns, seems bonkers to me.

Nick

Administrator
Everything about this case doesn’t make sense....

Exactly.

Instead of going to where the guy is in Prison and charging him they are just telling the papers everything every other day.

"We have this evidence"

The media also hassling the guy's adoptive mum, taking photos of her in the street.

clint van damme

Exactly.

Instead of going to where the guy is in Prison and charging him they are just telling the papers everything every other day.

"We have this evidence"

The media also hassling the guy's adoptive mum, taking photos of her in the street.

They said they found a video on his phone of him raping the 72 year old. I think they may have found other stuff.

As for the media hassling his mum, that's bog standard behaviour for the press

Nick

Administrator
They said they found a video on his phone of him raping the 72 year old. I think they may have found other stuff.

As for the media hassling his mum, that's bog standard behaviour for the press

I don't get why they are going to the media and not going to the prison where he is and charging him?

clint van damme

I don't get why they are going to the media and not going to the prison where he is and charging him?

Aren't they saying they need a body (ies) or some physical evidence?

I think that maybe they've got video footage but nothing else. Perhaps of more than just Maddie as he's been linked to the disappearance of other children.

Nick

Administrator
Aren't they saying they need a body (ies) or some physical evidence?

I think that maybe they've got video footage but nothing else. Perhaps of more than just Maddie as he's been linked to the disappearance of other children.

Yeah but again that's not something for the media.

Get the c**t waterboarded and start on his toes until he tells them.

clint van damme

Yeah but again that's not something for the media.

Get the c**t waterboarded and start on his toes until he tells them.

Which is probably why they've only told them about the video of the elderly lady.

There's always some logic behind what they release and what they don't.

Nick

Administrator
German Prosecutor now saying he thinks she was abused and killed soon after she was taken.

chiefdave

German Prosecutor now saying he thinks she was abused and killed soon after she was taken.
Is there actually evidence to support this or are they going off a confession? Doesn't seem to be a lot of detail about.

skybluetony176

Is there actually evidence to support this or are they going off a confession? Doesn't seem to be a lot of detail about.
Sounds like the German prosecutor believes that he did it but until her body is recovered there’s not enough evidence to prosecute him.

Nick

Administrator
Still seems strange, one minute she's dead, then she might be alive and now he's written to the parents saying she's dead

skybluesam66

so The next day they left the twins at the nursery. Just as you would when your daughter has just been taken

there is much more in this than we are being told

Users who are viewing this thread