Maddison (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Sounds like the players might be developing a seige mentality due to the negativity of some fans.
Hopefully they will turn out to be a good thing as they feel hard done by and come out with some real fight,

Last edited:

stupot07

I dont see any difference in his play personally. He's getting even more rough treatment from opposition players if anything.
Peoples attitudes towards him have changed since his sale. Noting else.
Pre Transfer it was'he's just a kid' and let it go. Post Transfer its 'He's not bothered' get rid.
Fickle is the word.

Completely agree.

He wasn't given an option, he was told he was going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SBAndy

I dont see any difference in his play personally. He's getting even more rough treatment from opposition players if anything.
Pre Transfer it was'he's just a kid' and let it go. Post Transfer its 'He's not bothered' get rid.
Fickle is the word.

This this and this again.

Inevitable that sooner or later the idea that he was never that good will become the norm.

dongonzalos

Fickle is the word.

Yes agree can't help but feel he would always be a potential scapegoat. Once he was sold if we are experiencing a bad patch

Nick

Administrator

Half the time he isn't though, he leaves his legs dangling and looks for the foul.

Don't get me wrong, some are fouls but a lot of the time it is exactly what he is playing for.

I said he dived a lot before he was sold....

Grendel

I thought he turned others down but accepted them.

ClarkeZ

Fickle is the word.

Ive always been against his diving. I hate the use of it in the game in general and he has always been too easy to go to ground. He has been kicked around a bit, but in hindsight probably less than I originally thought.
Nothing changed for me when he was sold, my opinion of the lad hinges in no way on his parent club. Yes everyone else has been shit but he has also. I have my doubts as to whether its anything to do with the sale, his "premiership ego" or anything else, I just think he's struggling to rise above poor team performances which we all hoped he could do.

mark82

Completely agree.

He wasn't given an option, he was told he was going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Surely everyone has an option! You don't have to sign a contract. We'll never know one way or another the circumstances I guess.

skybluegod

Good on Madders for that post. If he's gonna fulfil his potential he can't let other peoples opinions of him slow him down, or stop him. He isn't being disrespectful to the club at all. Fans surely can't expect a player to just accept shit from 'know it all' fans, who probably weigh about 3x as much as him and spend half their time in the pie queue rather than watching us play.
Yes his performances have dropped but so have everybody's, yes he's lightweight. But at least he's showing a pair of balls, not letting fans knock him, and backs himself to bounce back.

Nick

Administrator
Good on Madders for that post. If he's gonna fulfil his potential he can't let other peoples opinions of him slow him down, or stop him. He isn't being disrespectful to the club at all. Fans surely can't expect a player to just accept shit from 'know it all' fans, who probably weigh about 3x as much as him and spend half their time in the pie queue rather than watching us play.
Yes his performances have dropped but so have everybody's, yes he's lightweight. But at least he's showing a pair of balls, not letting fans knock him, and backs himself to bounce back.

How is falling over as much as possible showing balls? If his performances start to show balls then fair play to him.

Surely to be slowed down you have to be going fast?

torchomatic

What did he say in his post that was deleted?

torchomatic

Bit out of order that, isn't it? I wonder if the lion lives very well thanks to the money from the sheep?

dongonzalos

How is falling over as much as possible showing balls? If his performances start to show balls then fair play to him.

Surely to be slowed down you have to be going fast?

He gets taken out a lot because he is young and quality. It has been quite evident on various previous occasions a team would target him. However they would take turns doing it. To avoid getting sent off.
He is taking it into his own hands now because he doesn't get the protection he is diving all over the shop. Ronaldo use to do it, however Messi wouldn't.

I am not comparing him to either of them btw!!

It's just what some players do when they don't get decent referring when they are getting targeted.

I don't agree with the diving I also feel if the refs did their job properly he wouldn't turn to it.

Nick

Administrator
He gets taken out a lot because he is young and quality. It has been quite evident on various previous occasions a team would target him. However they would take turns doing it. To avoid getting sent off.
He is taking it into his own hands now because he doesn't get the protection he is diving all over the shop. Ronaldo use to do it, however Messi wouldn't.

It's just what some players do when they don't get decent referring when they are getting targeted.

I don't agree with the diving I also feel if the refs did their job properly he wouldn't turn to it.

He has dived for ages, it isn't anything new. He hasn't just "turned to it". It is just getting more noticeable as they are more outrageous.

He does get fouled sometimes, but then he does leave his leg dangling and play for the foul most of the time.

Terry Gibson's perm

Bit out of order that, isn't it? I wonder if the lion lives very well thanks to the money from the sheep?

I totally agree with this without us sheep the lions have nothing, also the sheep will be here long after any of the lions, he just needs to concentrate on playing and not trying to argue with with the fans.

torchomatic

I don't disagree but he also dives. A lot. He always has and he used to get away with it. There were a few times on Saturday when he should have had a free kick but the ref wasn't interested as he had dived so much beforehand. I'm sure he would score more goals if he stayed on his feet rather than trying to get a free kick.

dongonzalos

He has dived for ages, it isn't anything new. He hasn't just "turned to it". It is just getting more noticeable as they are more outrageous.

He does get fouled sometimes, but then he does leave his leg dangling and play for the foul most of the time.

He definitely dives no arguement and I don't like it in our game. I did feel it increased though after taking a bit of rough treatment and the refs just letting it go.

dongonzalos

I don't disagree but he also dives. A lot. He always has and he used to get away with it. There were a few times on Saturday when he should have had a free kick but the ref wasn't interested as he had dived so much beforehand. I'm sure he would score more goals if he stayed on his feet rather than trying to get a free kick.

Yes refs definitely start to lose interest after too many dives. It comes back to haunt you in the end

pete212

Maddison's a talent. He's got vision and is creative.
I can't believe he's got so many critics now that he's a Norwich player.

Diving is a problem in football all over the place. As is time wasting.
It's not what i pay money for to go and see.

stevefloyd

Unless the football authorities stamp it out by giving retrospective fines/bans it will continue and the cheats will sometimes prosper...fucking hate divers

Brylowes

I totally agree with this without us sheep the lions have nothing, also the sheep will be here long after any of the lions, he just needs to concentrate on playing and not trying to argue with with the fans.
I was gonna knit him a new jumper.
He can fuck off now though.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He calls himself a lion ? He has got an elevated opinion of himself.

Lions don't spend lots of time rolling around in the mud, but hippos on the other hand do .....not that he's fat, mind you. He's a very skinny hippo. If I could find a picture of a very skinny hippo, I'd post it.

A hippo with a headband would look ridiculous

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
He calls himself a lion ? He has got an elevated opinion of himself.

Lions don't spend lots of time rolling around in the mud, but hippos on the other hand do .....not that he's fat, mind you. He's a very skinny hippo. If I could find a picture of a very skinny hippo, I'd post it.

A hippo with a headband would look ridiculous

952db1412983801bdba5fef9d3002b54.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread