Maddison (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
What was the dive count today?

I think a couple were fouls, but christ some of them were embarrassing.

There was one where the ball hit him on the back of the head, and I think he thought it was the player so he took a dive like he had been shot.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Glad we have sold him, he needs removing from the team and Henderson coming in, no pace to his game and just a winner of free kicks and the odd goal.

Nick

Administrator
In the 2nd half, he got the ball and did a good turn and created space. He could have looked up and played Armstrong, Murphy and I think Stokes had bombed on too. He decided to run it into a crowd of players to try to take them all on.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

In the 2nd half, he got the ball and did a good turn and created space. He could have looked up and played Armstrong, Murphy and I think Stokes had bombed on too. He decided to run it into a crowd of players to try to take them all on.

He seems to be looking for the foul
Now IMO does the hard work has options to lay it off but looks to draw the foul.

Nick

Administrator
He seems to be looking for the foul
Now IMO does the hard work has options to lay it off but looks to draw the foul.

The one in the first half, he took a bad first touch and the ball went flying and he had no chance of getting it. Then went down like a sack of shit.

It is predictable what he is going to do, you can guarantee he will receive the ball and drop his shoulder and go the opposite way and turn. If you were an opposition manager you would be pointing this out.

You can also tell that referees aren't taking any notice of it.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The one in the first half, he took a bad first touch and the ball went flying and he had no chance of getting it. Then went down like a sack of shit.

It is predictable what he is going to do, you can guarantee he will receive the ball and drop his shoulder and go the opposite way and turn. If you were an opposition manager you would be pointing this out.

You can also tell that referees aren't taking any notice of it.

Yep & the opposition rotate the fouler when they do so the ref warns each one and nobody is punished.

torchomatic

He was dreadful today. In fact since his transfer he's been pretty poor. He is constantly diving all over the place trying to get free kicks. In the end genuine fouls were waved away because he'd been diving so much.

Good luck at Norwich, you'll need it.

The Reverend Skyblue

Said this on another thread, I agree Torch his diving has reached new lows, he's addicted to it, it's bloody embarressing to watch and he'll get Eagan alive in Prem though it does have some great divers so he'll have to up his game .

I would ring Norwich and say to them that they are having Maddison now, his constant diving and fancy tricks are no longer needed, and he wouldn't win a fifty fifty ball against Alan Carr.
Its pretty obvious that unless he starts being a man on the pitch ,instead of a little girl , he won't last five minutes in the Prem.
the club got a great deal for him if it was around the 2.5 million as rumoured

SlowerThanPlatt

Latest tweet/Instagram post seemingly referring to the fans as 'sheep'. I like Maddison, I've watched him progress from the U18s and U21s, but stuff like this isn't going to help anyone.

Nick

Administrator
A bit random, especially as the picture is against Rochdale where we lost. A lion comparison is quite ironic.

Funny how people don't see how much he dives.

Certainly noticeable a change of attitude. On the pitch there is a lot more hands in the air huffing and puffing action as if other players aren't good enough.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

The lad has clearly lost interest, his words are hollow and don't mean anything. It's easy to spout the old I'm doing this for the City spiel after games instead of dressing the issue of his own poor personal performance.

It's clear his heads been turned ever since he went on that day trip to Norwich he's been utterly useless since then.

His arrogance appears to be getting the better of him with the recent abuse he's been getting at games and via social media, calling himself a lion and people who doubt him sheep is complete delusional.

I for one am happy (although not at the time) with the business we did if he thinks he will get away with his diving tactics in this league he's sorely mistaken, but in the championship the defenders will tear him to shreds!

Pipehitterz

what a pathetic thing to say

without being disrespectful to the lad, he hasnt even proved himself in league 1 yet, what a sausage

AFCCOVENTRY

Don't want him playing for us again. End his loan now and let him prepare for championship football.

Free up a loan spot and get a proper winger in.

steve82

My lad who is 10 idolises him and since his move to Norwich my son has even pointed out a few times that he's changed, and don't seem the same as when he's spoke to him before.
His performance levels have all but dropped off, and this comment clearly is not gonna sit well with ccfc fans. He's strutting around like he's made it, very sad to see the levels of arrogance he's displaying while he as a cov lad should no and see us the fans are disappointed with the teams slump in fortunes should really no better.
We're the ones who were calling him one of or own after all.

H

Huckerby

What the hell are you lot on about? He's clearly not referring to cov fans is he

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

What the hell are you lot on about? He's clearly not referring to cov fans is he

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Who was he referring to then?

I used to like him but he's got a swagger and arrogance that he never used to have. His performances seem to have dropped and this could affect his long term career.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hobo

Wish he had some swagger on the pitch.

ClarkeZ

For a while, up until the last couple months, I, like many others, was calling for a little protection from the officials. He seemed to be getting kicked to shit every game and officials would do nothing about it.

In the last series of games though, I find myself wondering how he hasn't been picking up cards for diving. Every time hes on the ball he looks for contact, he looks for an excuse to go to ground. Its pathetic, horseshit football, gets us exactly nowhere and Norwich must be looking at some of his recent performances thinking, wow thats £2 - 3.5m we might really regret. He wouldn't get near my starting 11 right now.

Malaka

Unfair IMO they were all a disgrace on Saturday. We expect a boy single handedly to turn things around when there are seasoned professionals that did nothing at all out there

Nick

Administrator
Unfair IMO they were all a disgrace on Saturday. We expect a boy single handedly to turn things around when there are seasoned professionals that did nothing at all out there
I.don't think anybody expects him to do everything on his own. It's not just Saturday either :(

hill83

Latest tweet/Instagram post seemingly referring to the fans as 'sheep'. I like Maddison, I've watched him progress from the U18s and U21s, but stuff like this isn't going to help anyone.

The majority of people love him, but a few don't. If he slagging off people that like him then?
Aren't people usually called sheep if they follow the majority? That alice band must be too tight.

image001_3.gif

Last edited:

steve82

Don't expect him to do it single handed but he as single person can at least stay on his feet and play his game.
Now it seems all "simba" wants to do is dive and fall at every given moment. Shadow of a player he was earlier in the season

Nick

Administrator
It's been edited now to say:

That if you want to be the best then you can't let negative opinions affect you!
1f4aa-1f3fc.png
nothing else

Was quite clearly aimed at the fans.

Terry Gibson's perm

It's fairly simple all the has to do is start playing well and then this will be forgotten, I don't care too much was he says along as he is performing in the pitch and at the moment he isn't.

hill83

It's fairly simple all the has to do is start playing well and then this will be forgotten, I don't care too much was he says along as he is performing in the pitch and at the moment he isn't.

That's the nature of football. He was diving about when he was performing half decent, and although it was annoying then he got a pass.

Nick

Administrator
That's the nature of football. He was diving about when he was performing half decent, and although it was annoying then he got a pass.

True, True!

He has always dived and been a bit soft. The difference is then people were going mental saying it was a foul.

The one the other week when he dived in the box before the ball got to him, people were going Apeshit for a penalty.

eastwoodsdustman

I dont see any difference in his play personally. He's getting even more rough treatment from opposition players if anything.
Peoples attitudes towards him have changed since his sale. Noting else.
Pre Transfer it was'he's just a kid' and let it go. Post Transfer its 'He's not bothered' get rid.
Fickle is the word.

Users who are viewing this thread