|Maddison might be on the way to Leicester (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Captain Dart

Says the guy nearing retirement yet still posting badly spelled cheap shots at strangers on the Internet ;)
I can do that too. Starting my 2nd childhood soon.

Hobo

Hope Madders can do better than that. Best player wehave produced in very long time. All credit to Leicester for winning the Prem but we all know they are Championship team at best. JM hold out for Spurs or the like if you want the England place you deserve,

Leicester Championship team at best? They are 8th in the Premiership LMFAO!!!

Grendel

Leicester Championship team at best? They are 8th in the Premiership LMFAO!!!

Don’t call him a clown though.

Somerset Sky Blue

Sorry Somerset I am obviously really thick as I don’t understand .Thing is there is no need for people to be offensive we all support the same club for God’s sake.
Sorry, just an attempt at humour to lighten the thread! It is a phobia of clowns, which can have a severe impact in sufferers and not helped by all the teenagers across America who dressed up as clowns a few years ago, with a few using violence if I remember rightly.

SkyBlueCRJ

Norwich will sell him to restore their transfer chest for next season. They used to compete well at Championship level and now they can't even stretch themselves to a top 10 finish. Their CEO Ed Balls has reiterated this on a number of occasions throughout the season. If his destination ends up being Leicester who really cares. As long as at least some of the money from the pending transfer is invested into the infrastructure of the club I'll be happy, regardless of where he ends up.

Ashdown

Norwich will sell him to restore their transfer chest for next season. They used to compete well at Championship level and now they can't even stretch themselves to a top 10 finish. Their CEO Ed Balls has reiterated this on a number of occasions throughout the season. If his destination ends up being Leicester who really cares. As long as at least some of the money from the pending transfer is invested into the infrastructure of the club I'll be happy, regardless of where he ends up.
We could make £5 million from add ons this summer but come the accounts release I expect our owners will ensure somehow that we will have made a loss in that financial year again.

SkyBlueCRJ

We could make £5 million from add ons this summer but come the accounts release I expect our owners will ensure somehow that we will have made a loss in that financial year again.

Worryingly, the more money CCFC could make from the backfall of the Maddison transfer increases the likelihood of SISU effectively taking the lot and giving little back. Not that I'm condoning their actions whatsoever but from an objective view why wouldn't they given their circumstances?

Ashdown

Worryingly, the more money CCFC could make from the backfall of the Maddison transfer increases the likelihood of SISU effectively taking the lot and giving little back. Not that I'm condoning their actions whatsoever but from an objective view why wouldn't they given their circumstances?
From a purely ruthless financial point of view they could do exactly that..............all that said many of us would take that hit if it meant they rocked off into the sunset but they might just invest said monies into further litigation and on we go ..........

SkyBlueCRJ

From a purely ruthless financial point of view they could do exactly that..............all that said many of us would take that hit if it meant they rocked off into the sunset but they might just invest said monies into further litigation and on we go ..........

From a financial standpoint it'd be pretty illogical not to.

I doubt SISU would leave even if the stars aligned and a generous bid came in along with Wilson and Maddison being sold. I've lost track of the amount of money we owe in loans and interest as countless figures have been thrown about but I struggle to see SISU leaving until they receive what they're owed. It's unlikely all of the above mentioned would even cover half of their investment over the last 10 years.

letsallsingtogether

You made a statement they are at best a championship club.

In their entire history they’ve only been outside the top two divisions for one season.

They’ve been I think in 4 FA Cup finals, 5 league cup finals been in European competition about 5 times and have current England internationals.

So yeah for making that statement you are a clown.
TBH as I have never took much notice of them until they won the prem I had never seen them as much more then another underachieving CCFC

Covstu

If Leicester are a Championship club at best then Man City are relegation fodder.....

I think Maddison would be a good fit for Leicester, you cannot compare Thomas to him in my opinion as Madders was a lot more developed as a footballer but there is something to be said for a slower climb up the leagues to get opportunity.
A team like spurs or everton would also give him a good opportunity equally but lets see how good he is in the prem. Personally I couldn't give a shit where he goes just as long as he goes for a huge fee.

letsallsingtogether

If Leicester are a Championship club at best then Man City are relegation fodder.....

I think Maddison would be a good fit for Leicester, you cannot compare Thomas to him in my opinion as Madders was a lot more developed as a footballer but there is something to be said for a slower climb up the leagues to get opportunity.
A team like spurs or everton would also give him a good opportunity equally but lets see how good he is in the prem. Personally I couldn't give a shit where he goes just as long as he goes for a huge fee.
Yes then we can get him back when he is 34 for free.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

True mate. Problem is I won’t follow the Premier League so in my mind have Leicester as a mediocre club . Obviously I am wrong but please don’t call me a clown.
I kind of agree with you Tewkesbury SB, to me Leicester are naturally a level 2 club who yo/yo's with level 1. It may take some time for them to sink back there after recent investment and success. Could easily happen though in next 5 seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread