|Maddison might be on the way to Leicester (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Leicester are ready to buy Norwich's 21-year-old English midfielder James Maddison for £17m if Algeria winger Riyad Mahrez, 27, leaves this summer.

Terry Gibson's perm

chiefdave

What's happened to GT? Is he still 'festering' at the cob squad or is he out on loan somewhere?
Was supposed to go out on loan in January but according to the press Puel pulled the plug on that as he was close to getting in the first team but he hasn't featured yet.

Seems to have been doing well for their U23s.

TewkesburySkyBlue

Hope Madders can do better than that. Best player wehave produced in very long time. All credit to Leicester for winning the Prem but we all know they are Championship team at best. JM hold out for Spurs or the like if you want the England place you deserve,

Grendel

Hope Madders can do better than that. Best player wehave produced in very long time. All credit to Leicester for winning the Prem but we all know they are Championship team at best. JM hold out for Spurs or the like if you want the England place you deserve,

How on earth are they a championship team at best you clown

SlowerThanPlatt

If he plays for any Premier League club and performs well he will get a call up. England are hardly blessed with top players like they were in the 90s and early 2000s where it was rare for an outsider from an unfashionable club to get a call up

Grendel

Don’t call me s clown know all.

You made a statement they are at best a championship club.

In their entire history they’ve only been outside the top two divisions for one season.

They’ve been I think in 4 FA Cup finals, 5 league cup finals been in European competition about 5 times and have current England internationals.

So yeah for making that statement you are a clown.

lifeskyblue

Would love to agree with you re Leicester being a championship club at best...but that is clearly untrue. They have won the premiership, been to Wembley for FACup and league cup finals. They are currently around mid table in the top flight. Have a ground similar to ours but about to expand it. They have a full ground every game. They are investing millions in new training facilities. They have owners putting money into the team, the club and being involved with the fans. Madders might play for a bigger club than Leicester one day but so far he has played for CCFC and Norwich so a move to Leicester would clearly be a step forward...established premier league, chances of playing in Europe, playing alongside and against internationals and possibility of cup trophies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

covcity4life

annoys me more when cov are doing poorly

when we are on for promotion its easier to see old talents doing well. but when playoffs in doubt it just makes me think what could have been had sisu held on longer

fernandopartridge

Pointless going to Leicester, he wouldn't get a kick as they bypass the midfield 90% of the time.

Also, George Thomas, you would probably argue has now had a season of zero progress. The u23s are just practice matches, nothing like a first team game. This is why football in this country is fucked. Talented players are reduced to playing practice matches in the bloated squads of the richest clubs.

Nick

Administrator
Pointless going to Leicester, he wouldn't get a kick as they bypass the midfield 90% of the time.

Also, George Thomas, you would probably argue has now had a season of zero progress. The u23s are just practice matches, nothing like a first team game. This is why football in this country is fucked. Talented players are reduced to playing practice matches in the bloated squads of the richest clubs.

Yeah but I bet he's getting paid nicely ;)

TewkesburySkyBlue

You made a statement they are at best a championship club.

In their entire history they’ve only been outside the top two divisions for one season.

They’ve been I think in 4 FA Cup finals, 5 league cup finals been in European competition about 5 times and have current England internationals.

So yeah for making that statement you are a clown.
Ok so I was wrong but don’t call me a clown . Happy to take an IQ test against you snytime

GaryJones

Tewkes is offended!

Otis

True on the style of play. The way Leicester play (certainly for now at least) is to get the ball up the field quickly to the forwards for them to run on to and they tend to hit longer, rather than the shorter passes that would try to weave through the midfield.

Not at all convinced that Maddison would fit in with their style of play.

oucho

Grendel

Sorry Somerset I am obviously really thick as I don’t understand .Thing is there is no need for people to be offensive we all support the same club for God’s sake.

Grow up

Users who are viewing this thread