maddison deal (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

And this one. Bill Clinton level's of spin. "In a financial sense", along with a ton of assumptions so your opinion fits the facts again.

Next you lot will be saying it was in the tea leaves so there was nothing we could do.
Maybe it was a gun to Maddisons head that forced him to move against his will?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Something is a bit odd. We've got TM saying Maddison never asked to leave, making it appear he was sold against his will. Then we've got Anderson saying it was Maddison who was pushing for the move.

torchomatic

Something is a bit odd. We've got TM saying Maddison never asked to leave, making it appear he was sold against his will. Then we've got Anderson saying it was Maddison who was pushing for the move.
And to be fair he seems more than pleased in his interviews.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

covmark

Wow. That was the quickest moving of goalposts I've ever seen.

Keep fighting the good fight man, I'm sure you're making a difference.
Dear god, what a condescending bellend you are.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

stupot07

Tbh it was probably just a bit of clever management by Mowbray, a way of keeping fans off Maddison's back. Can you imaging if he'd said Maddison asked to leave, he'd be getting boo'd left, right and centre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

chiefdave

Tbh it was probably just a bit of clever management by Mowbray, a way of keeping fans off Maddison's back. Can you imaging if he'd said Maddison asked to leave, he'd be getting boo'd left, right and centre.

If so Mowbray and Anderson need to start talking to each other. Its not the only time Mowbray has said one thing and Anderson the opposite.

Nick

Administrator
I think it could be both, while he didn't put a transfer request in if he heard there was an offer then he wanted to hear about it..

SkyBlue_Bear83

Maddison wanted to go, but didnt make the first move in asking for a transfer is probably what it means. He clearly wasn't sold against his will

Nick

Administrator
Maddison wanted to go.........Did he? How do you know this?
Because he signed a contract with them and said in interviews as soon as be saw the Norwich deal. Pair that with everybody he knows congratulating him.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Maddison wanted to go.........Did he? How do you know this?

Well he described himself as absolutely delighted and and dream for him, doesn't sound like the words of a player who had a gun held to his head to sign the contract.

Bear in mind this wasn't the usual words of a new player interview but in a message he posted on his personal social media account

chiefdave

Maddison wanted to go, but didnt make the first move in asking for a transfer is probably what it means. He clearly wasn't sold against his will

Its a bit like me going for a job interview, getting the job, handing my notice in and then saying I never wanted to leave!

dongonzalos

He turned down two other clubs and said yes to this one.
What player wouldn't say yes.
The issue was never about whether madders wanted to go or not.
For me and I think for the majority who were unimpressed It was the fee. Madders would know he would be gone in the summer if it wasn't January he doesn't seem the type that would strike over that.
Fair play to him in that he choose Norwich over other clubs. When he said no to the other clubs there was no guarantee Norwich would come in. In fact they were not intending to until another deal fell through. So I imagine by the last day Madders wasn't expecting to be signing for anyone else anyway.
The decision for CA and I would actually imagine JS really was cash in for 2.5 million now or wait to the summer and you are likely to get more.
However there is always that chance he gets a serious injury and you get nothing.
They decided not to gamble.
That's their decision to make. At least now it makes sense because he has explained the decision

idm1975

Because he signed a contract with them and said in interviews as soon as be saw the Norwich deal. Pair that with everybody he knows congratulating him.
He wanted to go when he was told we were accepting offers for him. I dont for one second blame him, who wouldnt want to play in a higher league and earn more money. I believe what TM said when he said he never asked to leave and he didn't want to sell him. Big difference to what your implying.

Grendel

He wanted to go when he was told we were accepting offers for him. I dont for one second blame him, who wouldnt want to play in a higher league and earn more money. I believe what TM said when he said he never asked to leave and he didn't want to sell him. Big difference to what your implying.

Players never formally ask to leave. Managers never want to sell players.

Players who never formally ask to leave are more than happy to and players get sold.

Users who are viewing this thread