maddison deal (1 Viewer)

the rumpo kid

was told yesterday by someone who works in accounts office at ccfc, city were days away from administration again, maddison deal was rushed through so ccfc could pay wages of staff and players. joy has refused point blank to "put another penny into this pit"

christonabike

was told yesterday by someone who works in accounts office at ccfc, city were days away from administration again, maddison deal was rushed through so ccfc could pay wages of staff and players. joy has refused point blank to "put another penny into this pit"

FFs bore off.

Regis87

Heard something similar before Xmas that there was nothing left for wages so Sisu may have to help out !

JimmyHillsbeard

Heard something similar before Xmas that there was nothing left for wages so Sisu may have to help out !

Yes because Lorentson, Rose, Hunt and Cole all agreed to play for free.

Why are all the negative rumours automatically believed and reported as facts (and if this came from someone who works in CCFC accounts, I'd take it as a good sign that we were going to file accounts well on time again).

st john

Could they have meant that there was nothing left to pay for the new players we wanted? which we already knew

RFC

Wind-up merchant!

Grendel

They've added another 7 players on the payroll since then - so you clearly "heard" wrong.

christonabike

If we were 4th from bottom and averaging 6k attendances every week maybe. We are hitting 11000 plus, we are in the play offs and if we go up the money generated from the championship averages £15M. Plus local derbys from Villa, Blues, Wolves, Derby, Forest etc would generate another bonus to cover money spent on wages etc this season.

Terry Gibson's perm

Crisis over if we were near to admin we have got the money now so won't be move on.

Grendel

The Op also once "heard" Armstrong had been sold to Wolves

Brylowes

Who thinks up this SHIT

Brylowes

If we were 4th from bottom and averaging 6k attendances every week maybe. We are hitting 11000 plus, we are in the play offs and if we go up the money generated from the championship averages £15M. Plus local derbys from Villa, Blues, Wolves, Derby, Forest etc would generate another bonus to cover money spent on wages etc this season.
Plus Leeds,Ipswich & maybe Newcastle Sunderland and Madison's return with Norwich

covcity4life

Regardless of BS I had tinge of sadness when he scored

We should have kept him for another year or two. We would get a better fee too I bet

Sick Boy

We should have kept him for another year or two. We would get a better fee too I bet

I'm sure we would have done but I'm not sure how happy he'd have been considering that he has no doubt quadrupled his wages.

Terry Gibson's perm

Another year ear or two and he would barely be able to walk eith the kicking he gets most games with little protection, although he does go over a bit easily at times.

bawtryneal

I was told yesterday that the club neither had to sell for financial reasons or really wanted to sell Maddison. After Norwich formal approach Maddison was asked the question if he would like to speak to them and he said yes. It was his decision to take up the offer. To be fair to him he insisted on staying at City until end of season. His father is aledgedly telling people that if Norwich stay in Premiership and City in Championship next season he could spend time at loan at City after Norwich pre season training.

dongonzalos

I don't think its any secret that JS doesn't want to put anymore money in
She has said the club must fund itself. That's what it is doing this season.
Regarding the administration bit I don't believe that.
Regarding the sale of Maddison. Something was a bit strange there.
We wanted to keep him till the end of the season. If he continues to play like he did yesterday between now and the summer surely more people will get involved and the money will go up. Also we could negotiate some good loans as part of the deal and get Maddison back for the championship.
Why accept 2 million from Norwich on a last minute.com
Norwich seemed surprised we came back to them last minute saying there is one for the future that might happen in time.
We needed the money for some reason. Did we overspend the budget or did we need it to fund the three signings after maddison was sold?

Steve.B50

The club is holding its own at present and think you have heard things wrongly.
although the accounts are due and may be late that's does not mean we are any where near administration.
the Maddison money will mean we have money in the bank.

dongonzalos

The club is holding its own at present and think you have heard things wrongly.
although the accounts are due and may be late that's does not mean we are any where near administration.
the Maddison money will mean we have money in the bank.

Do you think if we didn't need the money they may have been better off trying to get more in the summer?

Moff

as per my previous post it was Madders decision.

Dongonzalos, how you know it's £2 million. Everybody I know says it is £3.5 million up front.

I heard a similar story about Madders, in that the club didnt want too, nor need to sell, and it actually came down to the players decision, which in terms of earning potential you can understand.

Re the £2million quote, I also heard it was £3.5 with add ons, but I suppose we will never know.

skybluetony176

I've been trying not to pay too much attention to this thread but a thought did pop into my head after reading the OP. It might actually explain Waggots sudden and unexpected departure.

J

Jack Griffin

CCFC (Otium/SBS&L) company results out in 2 weeks.

OK they are for year ending last April, but it will be a good guide, the season spent mostly back at Ricoh.

Over the previous 2 sets of accounts the club pissed out £6.5M & £7M, which was heading for certain bankruptcy.

If this set of results are approaching break even then the club is being turned round financially & possibly Anderson's remit is to keep it that way, though its' been speculated he is here to prepare the club for sale. Well we will have to wait & see hat he is going to do.

Grendel

I don't think its any secret that JS doesn't want to put anymore money in
She has said the club must fund itself. That's what it is doing this season.
Regarding the administration bit I don't believe that.
Regarding the sale of Maddison. Something was a bit strange there.
We wanted to keep him till the end of the season. If he continues to play like he did yesterday between now and the summer surely more people will get involved and the money will go up. Also we could negotiate some good loans as part of the deal and get Maddison back for the championship.
Why accept 2 million from Norwich on a last minute.com
Norwich seemed surprised we came back to them last minute saying there is one for the future that might happen in time.
We needed the money for some reason. Did we overspend the budget or did we need it to fund the three signings after maddison was sold?

Total unfounded shit.

dongonzalos

maybe madderson wanted to go .......

Didn't TM say Madders never asked to go. Also even if he does selling him in the summer makes no difference. Just more likely more money for us. He would still be leaving in the summer as he is now.
I heard 2 million. But could eventually become 3.5 depending on madders and norwich attaining certain goals.
It doesnt really make sense to me to sell the last minute on the deadline.
These clubs wouldn't go away and as long as the kid plays well the price will just rise.

Users who are viewing this thread