Macclesfield (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Didn’t know Reice Charles Cook was there. Been on the bench for all their league games and only played in the Checkatrade

chiefdave

This was always on the cards once they let Bolton off without any punishment for not playing games.

Nick

Administrator
This was always on the cards once they let Bolton off without any punishment for not playing games.
They are saying because they haven't been paid they aren't mentally fit to play, I assume it's so they don't break contract by just refusing

Gazolba

I wonder what the EFL would do if they kicked off and one team just stood still for 90 minutes.
And how many goals could the opposition score in that time?

Adge

The referee would be quite justified in calling such a game off
Yes indeed. First port of call though would be to ask questions of the captains and then the managers and ask what is the farce all about, then if it continues tell them the game will be abandoned.
Be interesting though what the competition (in this case the EFL) would do regarding the fixture being concluded.

Grendel

Yes indeed. First port of call though would be to ask questions of the captains and then the managers and ask what is the farce all about, then if it continues tell them the game will be abandoned.
Be interesting though what the competition (in this case the EFL) would do regarding the fixture being concluded.

Don’t tell Sunderland fans that

chiefdave

Cant see them lasting much longer.

There needs to be consistency here. They've been docked points for missing games where others haven't. Surely that should be a defined punishment, something like miss the game its an automatic 5-0 loss and you get deducted an additional 3 points. Then everyone knows where they stand.

CanadianCCFC

There needs to be consistency here. They've been docked points for missing games where others haven't. Surely that should be a defined punishment, something like miss the game its an automatic 5-0 loss and you get deducted an additional 3 points. Then everyone knows where they stand.
Much better than the EFL making up rules and deciding when it’s ok to ignore their own rules I’d say

chiefdave

As usual a worthwhile watch on part of 'how we got here'
Richardson and the others involved get a lot of stick, rightly so, but people often overlook this fiasco. Coming at basically the same time as relegation and trying to build a new ground it would have been tough going even with the best owners in the world.

Brighton Sky Blue

Richardson and the others involved get a lot of stick, rightly so, but people often overlook this fiasco. Coming at basically the same time as relegation and trying to build a new ground it would have been tough going even with the best owners in the world.

The fair point is made that clubs were reasonable in expecting that the money would be paid and the EFL screwed up big time by not securing the contract. Memory serves us dodging a bullet with Gary Breen not signing a bumper contract around that time.

chiefdave

The fair point is made that clubs were reasonable in expecting that the money would be paid and the EFL screwed up big time by not securing the contract. Memory serves us dodging a bullet with Gary Breen not signing a bumper contract around that time.
I'll give it a watch tomorrow. Remember at the time ITV claiming they weren't liable as ITV Digital was nothing to do with them!

Brighton Sky Blue

I'll give it a watch tomorrow. Remember at the time ITV claiming they weren't liable as ITV Digital was nothing to do with them!

Digital was a subsidiary company and the EFL didn't make the holding companies act as guarantors in case it went tits up. Big mistake.

Frostie

Premier League couldn't give a fuck about the EFL / Lower Leagues despite the fact a large percentage of PL players cut their teeth lower down.

£34m is drop in the ocean to them but a world of difference to the EFL:

Not forgetting this Government pledged in their election manifesto to protect clubs as the community assets they are but in truth couldn't care less either:

It's a disgrace.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Don't know the full details but half a mill is an insane debt for a club like Macclesfield, they must've been living beyond their means for a long time.

skyblue1991

Yet you have some Cov fans wonder g why we aren't spending million s and giving players risdiculous salaries.

It's about living within your means, both in the football world and life in general for that matter.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Yet you have some Cov fans wonder g why we aren't spending million s and giving players risdiculous salaries.

It's about living within your means, both in the football world and life in general for that matter.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

It seems like it’s more about finding a rich guy who doesn’t care if he gets the money back. Then getting lots of praise for it

Wolves
Leeds
Bournemouth
Watford
Everton
Citeh
Chelsea

Then Newcastle bitch about a guy making them a profit

Evo1883

The money filtered down just isn't enough... Ofcourse mismanagement doesn't help.. They call it supply and demand,the team finishing 20th in the prem gets 100mill, teams like Leeds and villa were getting what we get now despite them both easily being able to bring in bigger sky audiences than teams like bournmouth and Brighton... So it's not always about demand...

More money must be filtered down from sky... As even Sunderland in league 1 will draw bigger sky audience than Brighton v Fulham I'm sure of that

Sky could easily do this by creating a channel dedicated to the football league and distributing more money through the leagues... Millions around the world would watch

pipkin73

The money filtered down just isn't enough... Ofcourse mismanagement doesn't help.. They call it supply and demand,the team finishing 20th in the prem gets 100mill, teams like Leeds and villa were getting what we get now despite them both easily being able to bring in bigger sky audiences than teams like bournmouth and Brighton... So it's not always about demand...

More money must be filtered down from sky... As even Sunderland in league 1 will draw bigger sky audience than Brighton v Fulham I'm sure of that

Sky could easily do this by creating a channel dedicated to the football league and distributing more money through the leagues... Millions around the world would watch
They do, it's called Sky Sports Football. The Premier League has Sky Sports Premier League.

Users who are viewing this thread