Maatsan (1 Viewer)

harvey098

Looks like he’s going to Dortmund. Have to say, I’m quite surprised he’s got a move to a club as big as that. Good on him though.

When was the last time a player went from us to playing in the champions league the following season?

stupot07

Very surprised by that, but good luck to him. Had a decent season, but looked nowhere near Premier league standard at the moment. Needs a lot of development defensively and in his decision making on the ball.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think they might use him as a more advanced player as they already have Schulz and Guereiro, that will be a fun one to see the forum try and spell.

David O'Day

Chris Kirkland. Scrap that i reckon Brighton is right with Warnock.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Probably right, amazing how a team that bad could win the European cup (knocking out some good teams on the way)

rob9872

IM got better as the season went on. I thought similar to Dujon a few years back, but he seems to have stalled a little since despite injury setbacks. Hopefully Maatsen keeps improving and be nice to know we had a part in his development.

stay_up_skyblues

Said earlier in season he looks a better prospect that Van Aanholt imo and he had a good career in premier. Fair play great move for the lad.

rob9872

The seasons finished and you still can't help yourself trying to play the c**t to our players.

junglej13

Acknowledge he is very young and developing but I found Maatsen infuriating. Am probably wrong but I can only remember one assist (Godden at Hull) all season. Carries the ball well but was possibly as wasteful when in the final third as any player I can ever recall playing for us.

long way home

I don't doubt MR tried to sign him, he obviously rates him very highly and stated early he thought at some point he is going to be a top player, playing at a top club. He has improved in some aspects, and needs work on other aspects to get to that top level. But he has shown enough to suggest he has it in him to go higher. He had a decent season and it sounded and looked like he bought into the clubs culture which MR and the players must of liked.

However his parent club had a plan for him and we were happy to facilitate that process, it worked out for everyone in the end I think. He looked like he got a lot out of it and don't think he will look back with anything other than positive thoughts and words. And sometimes if you can sign the player that outcome is the next best thing.

The outcome will not put MR or the club off using this process every season. We are an attractive proposition for clubs and players alike. Many under this management have come and gone on to do well in the game, If not always on the pitch lots if not all have benefited in the pocket. This system helps us and needs to carry on, because every now and then we get to keep a real good un...

Last edited:

slowpoke

I think I have read that clubs can loan out a maximum of 8 players if that’s correct it would put Maatsen in the thoughts of Chelsea to move into their first team squad eventually good luck to him he’s a good player,
I’ve just checked new loan rules and it doesn’t errect players under 21

Last edited:

CCFC54321

Acknowledge he is very young and developing but I found Maatsen infuriating. Am probably wrong but I can only remember one assist (Godden at Hull) all season. Carries the ball well but was possibly as wasteful when in the final third as any player I can ever recall playing for us.
A good friend of mine nicknamed him bomb scare. When I asked why he said every time he bloody shoots twenty thousand people dive for cover!

I liked Maatson and would have him back tomorrow but I can’t believe he is good enough for Chelsea’s first team and I can’t believe dortmund are after him.

Torquay Sky Blue

Thought he was superb at Fulham and showed how much he's progressed with us. Not sure Dortmund reserves is the best place for him but really hope gets a chance.

rob9872

A good friend of mine nicknamed him bomb scare. When I asked why he said every time he bloody shoots twenty thousand people dive for cover!

I liked Maatson and would have him back tomorrow but I can’t believe he is good enough for Chelsea’s first team and I can’t believe dortmund are after him.
Either uput good friend is an idiot or it's a made up story to shoehorn in a years old bad joke.

Esoterica

Maatsen has a lot of potential to work with and with that a lot of areas still to improve. Think a lot of people forgot he was only 19 for most of the season with us. Needs to get better at his passing and shooting in and around the box as the priority for me, but if he continues to improve like he did for us over the last season, he'll be playing top division somewhere in a couple more seasons.

CDK

He left our club a better player as did JCS also Fadz has said he's a better defender now than when he left Burton.
So massive reference to robins and staff.

Torquay Sky Blue

He left our club a better player as did JCS also Fadz has said he's a better defender now than when he left Burton.
So massive reference to robins and staff.
Agreed , the coaching staff have done a great job with this kid and if Chelsea had any sense they'd leave him where he is. But I would say that .

SkyBlueMatt

Shrewd move from Dortmund. A young player for a low fee and small wages, like mentioned above he'll be 2/3 choice but will be a solid back up.

I don't see him playing in the CL (maybe very early stages) or against the top side in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread