Match Thread Luton Town vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 24th Feb (3 Viewers)

covcity4life

win away to 20 game unbeaton luton and we will have confidence to win all remaining 12 games and finish with 15 in a row!!!!

lose and 12 games left for 8-9 wins. will be tough

BIG GAME

King of the Lesbians

Early doors

giphy.gif
Heard this on the radio the other day an immediately thought of you.
Can't think why...

Philosorapter

Updated to include the matches last night.

Coventry City at Luton Town

IMG_3015.PNG IMG_3016.PNG

Coventry City (1500)
Best (1586) on 27 Oct 2018

Win (1514) +14
Draw (1500) +0
Loss (1486) -14

SkyBlueDom26

Weird that Barnsley would off load him to us as promotion rivals. Peterborough have sort of done the same with Cummings who also looked class in the ten minutes he played a couple of games back. I could tell you how you can stop put a spanner in our works but will not let you into the secret :)
Is he quick and pacy too? Can see he has technique from his set pieces!

ccfc_ukr

does anyone know the latest on the gk situation? whats the deal with Stockdale, not heard anything else so assume hes not been extended further?

no_loyalty

does anyone know the latest on the gk situation? whats the deal with Stockdale, not heard anything else so assume hes not been extended further?

I assume they are waiting for this week's medical report, if Burge and LOB are declared as unfit then the club have to send the medical reports to the EFL, to extend the emergency loan for Stockdale by another week.

robbiethemole

fingers and legs crossed his shoulder is still sore, but both of them will not be match fit, so that would have to be considered surely

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I have a soft spot for Luton.
It's a boggy marsh, a mile or so from my house.

Winny the Bish

If we have Stockdale - draw.
If Burge or LOB stars - lose.

Luton are a big side and love getting balls into the box. Stockdale's presence and comfort dealing with crosses/high balls could be the key.

Houchens Head

If we field a goalie and 10 defenders we should be okay for a 0-0 draw!

Gibbo

If you were a Luton fan, with your side having won 5 straight games, and facing a team you easily beat at their ground, what result would you expect? A home win 3-0 I suspect. Anything better by us will be creditable

SkyBlueDom26

If you were a Luton fan, with your side having won 5 straight games, and facing a team you easily beat at their ground, what result would you expect? A home win 3-0 I suspect. Anything better by us will be creditable
Loving your optimism

Gibbo

This column is not about wish fulfillment. We are trying to honestly anticipate the result. I reckon 2-0 to them. It could be worse - they beat Fleetwood away, we lost 3-0

ceetee

Where’s the best place to park at Luton?
Last season we parked at the Railway Station multi-storey.
We walked to the ground along the side of the dedicated bus road.
After the game there was a free bus back as the police wouldn't let us through the way we came

Houchens Head

We beat stoke who beat arsenal last season. What’s your point?
I agree. Those sort of comparisons are stupid. It only takes a couple of injuries or suspensions and a team is almost totally different. It's like saying "My dad's bigger than your dad." Yeah? So what?

Kilclines curly mullet

I was there last year and we took them apart! Not changed their approach since even with the manager changing and i believe that they can be beaten by expansive patient football breaking through the middle
Disagree, I was there also. We played well no doubt, but we didn’t take them apart.
Burge made a great save early in the second half, had that gone in, we would have lost (in my opinion). Then we hit 2 late goals to make the score emphatic.
For some reason, I think we will win again on Sunday.

Great_Expectations

I genuinely don’t remember them being that impressive at the Ricoh. At the very least they didn’t complain dominate and we held our own.

As I say I don’t recall it fully, but if they were that good I would.

As long as MR allows us to continue attacking, we won’t lose on Sunday.

Gibbo

What the odds - 1/4 Luton 6/1 us or something like that. Misfiring mid table team against in form league leaders at their place. Didn't realise this thread was for cheerleaders only

Harry

Luton have only let in 11 goals in the last 24 league and cup games including two against Championship sides - folks talk about us scoring a lot but that is the thing that gives the confidence. Not sure if you have the ammunition to break our defense down - what do you reckon - 6/1 might be good odds if you can?

Irish Sky Blue

Luton have only let in 11 goals in the last 24 league and cup games including two against Championship sides - folks talk about us scoring a lot but that is the thing that gives the confidence. Not sure if you have the ammunition to break our defense down - what do you reckon - 6/1 might be good odds if you can?
Breaking defences down hasn’t been our problem. Sticking the ball in the net after the defence has been split has.

Users who are viewing this thread