Luke Thomas (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Thought he looked a class act today when he came on Fast & direct with great feet haven’t seen a player like that since Jodi Jones got injured.would be starting for me at Blackpool along with Shipley & Bayliss as the front 3 behind the striker.

Nick

Administrator
Thought he looked a class act today when he came on Fast & direct with great feet haven’t seen a player like that since Jodi Jones got injured.would be starting for me at Blackpool along with Shipley & Bayliss as the front 3 behind the striker.

Thing is he seemed to look up and try and bring others into play as well, he did when he chipped it over to Shipley and another where he tried to square it.

Very risky the push in the back in or box though

giphy.gif

block16

Should be Shipley Bayliss and Thomas behind Bakayoko or JHC for me. Swap Shipley for Jones once he’s fit with Andreu and Allassani rotating in and out the side

junglej13

Looks a talent and we will be lucky to have him. Direct with quick feet. When Jones is back we could be a very exciting side down the flanks.

chiefdave

Looks a talent going forward, seems very keen to be constantly involved as well rather than fearing the ball.

Not sure about when he's required to track back though, that push made me a bit nervous.

no_loyalty

This lad looks quality, made a real impact when he came on today, it's a shame Biamou's pass was a bit wayward otherwise he would have been through on goal, great pass for the Shipley 1 on 1. Can we afford to rest Doyle on Tuesday and play Thomas from the start?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Very impressed with this young lad today, looks like a proper player !
When Jodi Jones is fit and playing on one wing and with Luke Thomas on the other wing , now that could be very interesting .

But would Mark Robins be brave enough to play them at the same time ?

Londonccfcfan

Wow! How good was this lad. Very early days but signs look so good. Kid was rapid and reminds me of Ryan Kent. Hopefully keep him long than 1st January.

Astute

People seem to have quickly forgotten how good Maguire-Drew looked in his first appearance against Stoke.
The difference is Thomas IS quality.

Why consider writing him off because another player had a good game at the start?

Have heard and read nothing but good about him. And have now seen for myself that he looks as good as people say. Not many will keep up with his pace. And he loves going forward. The one thing we have been missing. But the one thing I did like was for a young fast player he doesn't just run at players aimlessly.

Some will say that it proves nothing as he didn't have long to show he can do it all game. But considering he only signed a couple of days before he will still be learning the names of players let alone how they play. He can only get better.

Great start for a young player. Plenty of confidence. I can see him ripping up this division. And I wouldn't be surprised if he is our top scorer this season.

Ricketts

I was very impressed with him. The only downside is that with him on the right wing and Dujon Sterling at right back that is a small and inexperienced pairing. Expect some of the monsters in this league to overpower them.

Astute

I was very impressed with him. The only downside is that with him on the right wing and Dujon Sterling at right back that is a small and inexperienced pairing. Expect some of the monsters in this league to overpower them.
Not seen anything out of Sterling yet. To me Thomas has already done more.

So how are they going to stop Thomas? If he keeps running into the area he is either going to set a shot up or we have a good chance of getting a penalty.

You need to remember that most defenders are in Division 3 for a reason. They might be slow, clumsy or both. A lot can't handle players with pace. I am really looking forward to Jones coming back. Teams won't know what is happening to them if we have one on each wing. I just hope we have a striker that can keep up with them.....or they feed each other.

Warwickhunt

very useful debut but lets introduce him gently! because very shortly other teams will target him and put 3 around him which can dent his confidence and fustrate him

Astute

Reminded me of Ritchie Partridge..... small, fast with quick feet. Partridge was great until the opposition put about three men on him!
Which is a bonus. That will leave space for other players.

And what do they do if Jones is in the other wing? Use more than half their team to mark two players?

CCFC88

Need to keep calm over his substitute appearance, he looked to have a certain class, showed good vision in picking out Shipley and looked to run at their defenders.

Both he and Shipley came on against tired defenders, a team down to 10 men and who were overcommitting to find an equalizer.

Don't think they should be starting vs Blackpool, Shipley maybe more so as he looked ok v Oxford aswell but still prefer hiwula after winning the pen.

Rodders1

Which is a bonus. That will leave space for other players.

And what do they do if Jones is in the other wing? Use more than half their team to mark two players?
Exactly- playing them both is potentially very exciting (though only seeing 15mins of Thomas let’s calm down a bit!)

SlowerThanPlatt

And? Other City players have done worse in the past....what's the point of 'leaving that there'?Nothing at all to do with what he's like as a player

I’m aware, I just didn’t want to create another thread saying ‘Luke Thomas cheating on his girlfriend’ so found the thread on him when he signed

Like what Maddison did, it’s news. Anything about a footballer involved in some sort of controversy will attract media attention

Users who are viewing this thread