Lukas Jutkiewicz (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

I liked the way he never ducked a clash of heads in an aerial challenge. Robbie Simpson (obviously not as good) was another who always put his head in where it hurt.

Reactions: vow

Limey

I wouldn't call him an out-and-out target man but strong and powerful player. Liked Jukebox but always wanted to smash the ball into the net.

Skybluefaz

Someone once described him as a jigsaw striker, probably on here. In that he goes to pieces in the box. Think he's improved that composure since his youth, was a fantastic target man though

pusbccfc

pusbccfc

The goal Juke scored in Scotland in that 6-6 game is still the best goal I have ever seen in my life. Don't think I'll ever see a goal better than it. The touch, the finish, the moment.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Ha - I was going to post this too. I thought he was decent and very unlucky. Always remember when we signed him seeing the worldie he'd hit in Scotland (I think for Motherwell in a high scoring game). Wonder if he'll celebrate if he scores against us? Guess it depends what kind of reaction he gets when the teams are read out.

Iconic commentary

IT's THE COMEBACK, OF COMEBACKS

vow

Liked Juke, good hold up/link up play and always chased a 'lost cause' down, will be a real handful Saturday, especially in the air.

Didn't we go down that season we sold him?

vow

We went down that season because we sold him
Pretty much, selling Juke, our top asset and goalscorer at the time, felt pretty depressing for me.

SISU, I believe have learnt lessons from that era, allowing football people decide footballing decisions in the last 3 years.
Reckon it's the main reason Robins came back, having control of the footballing side too! *

*Everything bar stadium issues.

Mask

He had a great ability to hit the post or bar more than any other player that i remember.

I was going to say the same! I think there was a stat where he hit the woodwork around 20 times in one season for us or something ridiculous like that... I liked him, though. Workrate was incredible and always thought there was a better player in there than we perhaps got to see. He's had some great spells at Birmingham and seems to be finding his feet again, so fair play to him.

SkyBlueCRJ

Pretty much, selling Juke, our top asset and goalscorer at the time, felt pretty depressing for me.

SISU, I believe have learnt lessons from that era, allowing football people decide footballing decisions in the last 3 years.
Reckon it's the main reason Robins came back, having control of the footballing side too! *

*Everything bar stadium issues.

It's not actually that common for owners to allow a manager to (within reason) have a complete free reign of who they want to get rid of and who they want to buy - even at League One and League Two level. I think that's one of the key reasons why he likes it here despite the issues.

Reactions: vow

cooperskyblue

He was a good player, young at the time, another player who has since had a good career, scored goals and played In the premier league.
Had we kept him who knows if we had stayed up, but the season before we went down, I remember King and Jutkiewicz were a great partnership upfront.

Watching that video really does make me miss the ricoh, but the ricoh went it was just Coventry City playing there. With a perfect pitch

Sick Boy

I found him to be infuriating at the time. I'm surprised that the Republic didn't give a call up though as he has done well.

Gazolba

When I look at the results on a Saturday, after Coventry, I usually look at Birmingham, and more often that not Jutkiewicz has scored for them.

Sick Boy

Deliberately to make sure we went down.
No that was due to a majority of fans demanding Thorn got the job. If we’d have got a proper manager like Robins, whose named was mentioned at the time, I doubt we’d have gone down.

skybluegod

No that was due to a majority of fans demanding Thorn got the job. If we’d have got a proper manager like Robins, whose named was mentioned at the time, I doubt we’d have gone down.

Yes we would have. The team was utter drivel. We had 3 decent players that season- Craine, Keogh and juke.
Norwood was then a decent loan but the rest of the team was utter shit.

Sick Boy

Yes we would have. The team was utter drivel. We had 3 decent players that season- Craine, Keogh and juke.
Norwood was then a decent loan but the rest of the team was utter shit.
Clinghan was hardly drivel at that time and he wasted money on McDondald. If we had actually gone for someone like Robins, we would likely have stayed up and he would have attracted and brought in superior players.

Last edited:

Fergusons_Beard

Another player to maybe mention is Coventry lad and fan Daniel Crowley - He will most likely be playing in midfield and is catching the eye of premiership teams -Once touted as the wonder kid at arsenal under Arsene Wenger he lost his way and eventually went to play in holland until birmingham signed him in the summer -

Dan Crowley has been playing brilliantly for Brum this year and defo want to look out for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SkyBlueCRJ

Clinghan was hardly drivel at that time and he wasted money on McDondald. If we had actually gone for someone like Robins, we would likely have stayed up and he would have attracted and brought in superior players.

I disagree entirely. Bar those three you mentioned the squad was awful and once Juke was sold and replaced with Alex Nimley the writing was on the wall.

Baring in mind in that side we also had Conor Thomas, a fading Gary McSheffrey, Chris Hussey, Gary Deegan, David Bell and Clive Platt. Following the sale of Juke it was up there with one of the worst sides we've ever fielded.

Grendel

I disagree entirely. Bar those three you mentioned the squad was awful and once Juke was sold and replaced with Alex Nimley the writing was on the wall.

Baring in mind in that side we also had Conor Thomas, a fading Gary McSheffrey, Chris Hussey, Gary Deegan, David Bell and Clive Platt. Following the sale of Juke it was up there with one of the worst sides we've ever fielded.

Alongside The Pub Landlord as a manager

Users who are viewing this thread