Luis Binks (4 Viewers)

ajsccfc

Was an option mentioned when we loaned Sheaf?

NVM, found it

"The 22-year-old joins the Sky Blues from the Premier League side until the end of the 2020/21 season, subject to EFL, Premier League and FA approval.

The deal includes the option for the Sky Blues to sign Ben on a permanent transfer at the end of the season."

JimmyHillsbeard

Was an option mentioned when we loaned Sheaf?

Yep it was always explicit that we were obliged to buy him after a year. Many fans wanted Robins to renege on the deal after the first season.

Arsenal ace Ben Sheaf heading to Coventry on season-long loan transfer with £750,000 option to buy

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

That's absolutely fine. Loan a player like this and there is more left in the kitty to strengthen other areas on permanents. He is relatively young still, so I think it makes sense. Probably an astute move actually, rather than paying loads to get him out of his contract when we still need to see him demonstrate his ability fully. Very happy with this signing!

Samo

In fairness I'm not too bothered it's only a loan, there is a degree of risk management over signings

Yup, there was always going to be few loans, it doesn't mean there won't be more permanents incoming.

Mucca Mad Boys

When we signed Sheaf was it immediately public knowledge that it was a loan with an option to buy?

Strange that the Italian source mentioned a €2-3m fee to then sign on loan. Perhaps it’s been structured to reduce our expenditure this season as it was with Sheaf.

Jamieb87ccfc

It was public with Sheaf that we had an option to buy but doesn’t mean one hasn’t been negotiated into this loan. They don’t have to declare it or make it public.
Would hope we have one.

Mucca Mad Boys

Nixon first reported it as a loan to buy about a month and a half before it was official and then it was officially announced as a loan to buy as well.
Interesting. I was sure that was the case. Wondering if it’s the case we’ve got a similar type of deal lined up with Binks.

stupot07

When we signed Sheaf was it immediately public knowledge that it was a loan with an option to buy?

Strange that the Italian source mentioned a €2-3m fee to then sign on loan. Perhaps it’s been structured to reduce our expenditure this season as it was with Sheaf.
Yeah it was always known that Sheaf was signed with the view to a permanent signing.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Manchester_sky_blue

It was public with Sheaf that we had an option to buy but doesn’t mean one hasn’t been negotiated into this loan. They don’t have to declare it or make it public.
Would hope we have one.
With Sheaf it was a bit different, it wasn't an option to buy, it was a committment to buy, the deal was already done, we essentially just deferred the payments. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see this deal made permanent in January if he does well

fatso

At the very least this gives us some decent cover, some quality on the bench, and the option to rest Fadz when we need to.

CDK

Fits the robins criteria young ,wth Ady coaching he will improve and club wise great for the squad,think robins will be after 1more CH for a LT replacement for fadz.

fernandopartridge

Good signing, and sure to attract large numbers of fans who were also born in Kent to the CBS to buy his shirt etc.
We've got two Kent boys in the side in him and Godden, we'll be running out to Down to Margate before too long

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread