Lost Wallet (2 Viewers)

Hobo

Second post I have read on social media today about people having lost property and it being handed in and returned to them. Just shows that despite our pessimism there are still decent people in the world.

stevefloyd

You know, this same thing happened to me yesterday. Popped to the Co-Op round the corner for a few bits and ended up with a bit more than I could comfortably carry - being a tight git, I didn't invest 5p in a plastic bag, and to make sure I could carry everything i rammed my wallet into my pocket with my phone. Back home 30 mins later I'm wandering round the house looking for my wallet, and conclude I must have dropped it between the shop and the house.

So I dash out down the road to find it by re-tracing my walk home, and there's a bloke coming the other way up the same street I'd walked up from Co-op; he looks quite shabby, like he's homeless of lives in a doss-house. Pushing a broken bike, he's got dirty clothes, looks unwashed and generally not the person you'd choose to next to on a bus (this was my thinking)....i thought to myself "well, I hope this bloke's not seen my wallet on the ground or it's a goner for sure"....he looks me up and down as we approach each other, he slows down and I get a feeling he's sussing me out.....then he says..."are you Mr Oucho*?" - turns out he'd found the wallet outside the shop and was walking round to my house to drop it off for me (must have got address from driving license). So I got it back via the human kindness of a bloke who 30 seconds before I'd written of as a scabby rotter! Sometimes life teaches you a lesson and yesterday it taught me not to be so bloody judgemental.

*obviously he used my actual surname!
Did he say are you Mr actual surname?

Users who are viewing this thread