Looks like we're back (1 Viewer)

percy

HH have you got any snaps of the mercers arms and the bar on the back of the sky blue stand please. it would be great if you have

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'm compiling a list of all the bullshitters & rumour mongers on here....

"your name vil also go on ze list.....vot is it"

robbiethemole

The Locarno.........I've been bounced down those stairs more than once in the early 70's:facepalm: then we progressed onto Mr George, a good Saturday out,footy and a fight then home to Rugby about 3.30 am.

Ahhh, happy days.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Did begin to wonder why the Coventry Theatre closed down.

The answer I think is in this picture.

Rod Hull and Emu, Cannon and Ball and Barbara Dickson.:(

I went there to buy tickets once, and saw Leo Sayer in the ticket office - he was rehearsing as he was playing there. Add his diminutive, curly-haired disruption to that which caused the downfall.

I recall buying a Whitesnake 'patch' for my jeans from the Poster Place too; which used to smell of petunia oil. Happy days :)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I went there to buy tickets once, and saw Leo Sayer in the ticket office - he was rehearsing as he was playing there. Add his diminutive, curly-haired disruption to that which caused the downfall.

I recall buying a Whitesnake 'patch' for my jeans from the Poster Place too; which used to smell of petunia oil. Happy days :)

I may be wrong but wasn't that smell Patchouli Oil? I used to sell loads of the stuff to the students and hippies in my shop!

ccfcway

if every this site had a thread that looked like it was pulled directly frokm GMK, this is it.

Starts with cov moving home, and now people are protesting about a paddling pool and pictures of the pink parrot

AndreasB

if every this site had a thread that looked like it was pulled directly frokm GMK, this is it.

Starts with cov moving home, and now people are protesting about a paddling pool and pictures of the pink parrot

done with a lot better humour and panache on GMK though.

Rob S

Cheers HH, that brings back some memories - staggering down from The Old Red Horse, past The Mercers, into the East Stand, ten minutes late for kick-off, as usual. ;)

That extra round of winter warmers to blame...

Sky Blue Dal

Come on now, lads. Nostalgia is a thing of the past! :whistle:

(But then, I've got just under a thousand old photos of Cov and Cov pubs - old and new. Anybody interested in seeing any, let me know and I'll see what I can do!)

HH,

Why don't you share them here:

http://forum.historiccoventry.co.uk/main/forum-index.php

I am sure they will appreciate it. There are some great pics of old Coventry posted by many Coventry citizens there.

Last edited:

Astute

ApolloTheatre1_zps61c03a53.jpg

When I was a kid I sneaked in whilst Cannon and Ball were on with a mate. We were the only ones up the top. We went down when we saw a couple of free seats. They then cracked a joke about us sneaking in which made everyone look at us :D

Would have been early 80's if it was the same time.

torchomatic

Rock on, Astute.

When I was a kid I sneaked in whilst Cannon and Ball were on with a mate. We were the only ones up the top. We went down when we saw a couple of free seats. They then cracked a joke about us sneaking in which made everyone look at us :D

Would have been early 80's if it was the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread