Looking for Hikers (1 Viewer)

pastythegreat

Good morning SBT. Happy new year.
Let me first apologise for what will be a very long post, but please, stick with me.
Ill start with a little bit about myself, what I want to do and why I'm doing it.

After what has been a very challenging 12 months for a lot of people, mental heath problems are on the rise. With no end in sight for this pandemic, it doesn't seem to be getting any better any time soon.
I try and do something every couple of years for charity. I choose a different charity each time. The best ive ever done was I raised £4000 for the children's ward at UHCW. This year, ive decided that Mind Charity is who I will be collecting on behalf of, and this year I want to completely smash that target of £4k.

In July I will be attempting the Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge. For those who don't know what this is, its a marathon distance walk (26miles) taking in the 3 highest peaks in Yorkshire with a total accent of 1532m (higher than Ben Nevis) in under 12 hours. It is one of the most underestimated hiking challenges in the UK with a drop out rate of more than 25% of people not finishing it.
The walk is with mind charity working with the EFL. Mind United. Football fans walking together for the greater good. Because you can achieve more as a team than you can on your own. So im looking for any like minded CCFC fans on here that would like the challenge and to sign up and walk with me. It would be great to have a good showing from the SBA. Y3P away if you like It would be good to have other people to train with and push each other along the process and do it together as a team. Ill attach the link for people to have a look for themselves and get all the info they want/need.

I've also been asking questions of a few people and im trying to get some really good raffle prizes and I will be selling raffle tickets with ALL money raised going to the charity. Once sorted ill hope Nick will allow me to put details on how to buy tickets on the forum?!

If anybody is interested then please send me a message or reply on here.

Thanks for reading guys.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Sbarcher

Since we lost our daughter, we have become registered Mind fundraisers.
We produced a 2021 calendar from her photographs for this year and our friends from Blenheim Palace very kindly paid for the printing so every penny can go to Mind.

Will certainly keep an eye out for details of your fundgiving page when you post it.
Hope the training goes well

pastythegreat

Since we lost our daughter, we have become registered Mind fundraisers.
We produced a 2021 calendar from her photographs for this year and our friends from Blenheim Palace very kindly paid for the printing so every penny can go to Mind.

Will certainly keep an eye out for details of your fundgiving page when you post it.
Hope the training goes well
Sorry to hear about your daughter but its always great for something positive to come from such tragic things.
I got in to doing charity events and fundraisers about 10years ago when my best friends daughter was born with a rare disease and died at about 12 weeks old.

Thanks for the support.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread