Looking For A New Career (1 Viewer)

lewys33

To be honest I have never even considered leaving JLR. Sure everyone moans left right and centre (mainly the oldies), but they are a good employer to be honest and do pay well (Grendel is paid far too much considering he is on here so often ;)). I have looked at promotions internally but not many people are interested in a 24 year old with experience in vehicle safety only (in the grand scheme of the company it is quite a "niche market") Plus I do enjoy what I am doing now, so I'm only looking for stuff that would DEFINITELY interest me.

If you are interested Schmee you can always DM me and I can pass your CV on to the relevant people. There is always a job for someone/something in this place! Guy started not long back in our department just organising vehicle sign-off and dates for test with the test house. Hasn't got any engineering knowledge at all (in fact he owns a Christmas tinsel company!).

Last edited:

shmmeee

Well I'm on garden leave and will start looking for a new job after my holidays.

I too have had enough of Running around like a c@%$ and then as middle management always the first to go when there is a downturn.

Looks like I will have to go back to the crazy world of Automotive 1st tier suppliers.. God help ME

Good luck mate.

To be honest I have never even considered leaving JLR. Sure everyone moans left right and centre (mainly the oldies), but they are a good employer to be honest and do pay well (Grendel is paid far too much considering he is on here so often ;)). I have looked at promotions internally but not many people are interested in a 24 year old with experience in vehicle safety only (in the grand scheme of the company it is quite a "niche market") Plus I do enjoy what I am doing now, so I'm only looking for stuff that would DEFINITELY interest me.

If you are interested Schmee you can always DM me and I can pass your CV on to the relevant people. There is always a job for someone/something in this place! Guy started not long back in our department just organising vehicle sign-off and dates for test with the test house. Hasn't got any engineering knowledge at all (in fact he owns a Christmas tinsel company!).

I'll probably take you up in that mate, give us a little bit to sort out a non-teaching CV though. Would be good to know my options at least.

I'm happily retired! :)

Best suggestion in the thread.

Brighton Sky Blue

That is all anybody should really want from a job. Fair play.

lewys33

That is all anybody should really want from a job. Fair play.

yh it is good to be fair, only issue being (currently) when the company is flat-out testing then it is very long hours. Last 2 weeks I have been doing solid 12-16 hour days just to get all the test work done. Last night I got home at midnight (partly not helped by the closure of 2 lanes of the M1) and was in at 7.30 this morning to hand over test results. Then off to go do more testing! Haven't seen my daughter much at all this week, which makes me feel bad when I am going to Bradford tomorrow! I'm sure it will all make sense when the payslip comes through though!

Users who are viewing this thread