Long Term Plan (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

CA said in the Telegraph there are no thoughts from SISU regarding moving on. I don't know what the long term strategy is. Here are a few gueses.
Which do you think is likely? Are there any missing?

Build a new stadium and either sell the whole package I would guess still at a loss.

Build a new stadium and attempt to turn the whole package into a profit making business and over a very long term chip away at debts then sell it off.

Win significant compensation pay off the debts walk away

Win significant compensation invest it in the club achieve premiership status and sell for a small profit.

Win significant compensation put it towards the new stadium. Sell the package.

Have the club self sufficient until all possible legal action is complete. If the legal action fails walk away.

Sneak promotion to the championship invest 20 million on a playing squad and go for the premiership. Then sell the club clearing all debts.

Keep the club self sufficient whilst monitoring Wasps situation. If they are struggling invest into Wasps merging the two clubs.

Last edited:

Grendel

This thread should carry a Health Warning - reading the OP may induce an immediate coma from which you may never wake up from.

Otis

FFS G, at least let a thread get to page 14 before starting your squabbles....
Yeah, I usually have it around the 12-14 mark.

That's when I usually back out of the room on tip toes and put the hazard warning sign on the door outside.

dongonzalos

FFS G, at least let a thread get to page 14 before starting your squabbles....

Chill Weeman
You forget. He knows everything and is always right.
When you already know everything a thread like this is very mundane for him. It's not his fault give him a break. It's hard been that superior

dongonzalos

No crystal ball I'm afraid. Trundle along paying rent at the Ricoh for the 10 years I suppose.

To what end though. So you sign up to a ten year deal at the Ricoh. Pay the rent keep the club self sufficient. What's the aim in that?

Skyblueweeman

So, in response to your options:

Build a new stadium and either sell the whole package I would guess still at a loss. - Highly Unlikely

Build a new stadium and attempt to turn the whole package into a profit making business and over a very long term chip away at debts then sell it off. - Quite Unlikely

Win significant compensation pay off the debts walk away - Very Unlikely

Win significant compensation invest it in the club achieve premiership status and sell for a small profit. - Really Unlikely

Win significant compensation put it towards the new stadium. Sell the package. - Defo Unlikely

Have the club self sufficient until all possible legal action is complete. If the legal action fails walk away. - Maybe. But Unlikely.

Sneak promotion to the championship invest 20 million on a playing squad and go for the premiership. Then sell the club clearing all debts. - Extremely Unlikely

Keep the club self sufficient whilst monitoring Wasps situation. If they are struggling invest into Wasps merging the two clubs. - I f*&king hope not.

The ideal scenario is either:

Wasps struggle, realise that High Wycombe is actually their spiritual home and bugger off back down there. CCC then approach us and give us the stadium.
Wasps do so brilliantly that actually, the Ricoh is too small and they go and buy Villa Park and boot out Villa. CCC then approach us and give us the stadium.

Rusty Trombone

The court cases don't involve the club as such, and as the club is still loss making after player sales, it's odd that they are still involved. It's far more likely we'll continue to make losses unless we unearth 2 Wilsons or Maddisons each year. I guess there must be some reason why they need to hold on to the club when they can still pursue the legal matters without doing so, but I don't know what it is.

dongonzalos

So, in response to your options:

Build a new stadium and either sell the whole package I would guess still at a loss. - Highly Unlikely

Build a new stadium and attempt to turn the whole package into a profit making business and over a very long term chip away at debts then sell it off. - Quite Unlikely

Win significant compensation pay off the debts walk away - Very Unlikely

Win significant compensation invest it in the club achieve premiership status and sell for a small profit. - Really Unlikely

Win significant compensation put it towards the new stadium. Sell the package. - Defo Unlikely

Have the club self sufficient until all possible legal action is complete. If the legal action fails walk away. - Maybe. But Unlikely.

Sneak promotion to the championship invest 20 million on a playing squad and go for the premiership. Then sell the club clearing all debts. - Extremely Unlikely

Keep the club self sufficient whilst monitoring Wasps situation. If they are struggling invest into Wasps merging the two clubs. - I f*&king hope not.

The ideal scenario is either:

Wasps struggle, realise that High Wycombe is actually their spiritual home and bugger off back down there. CCC then approach us and give us the stadium.
Wasps do so brilliantly that actually, the Ricoh is too small and they go and buy Villa Park and boot out Villa. CCC then approach us and give us the stadium.

Can't believe I forgot that obvious last scenario

It's crazy though isn't it,
They are the only scenarios I can think of and you found them all to be varying degrees of unlikelynes

Thanks for the post

shy_tall_knight

SISU will never build a new stadium, it is too large a capital investment which they may not recover when they eventually sell the club. I think they will keep it going at cost neutral hoping that:
- receive compensation from the court cases
- WASPS finances go belly up and can negotiate from a position of strength
- somebody buys the club off them for a lot more that its net worth.
- get into the championship (possible) and then fluke promotion into the premiership with minimal investment (highly unlikely)
- CCC, higgs, CET , SkyBluesTalk and anyone else thaat have caused them to make such a shambles of our club apologise in person to them

Terry Gibson's perm

I am not so sure about that Terry, I think they will have a Plan A, B and C.
I just have no idea if they are in that list I just suggested and in what order.

I was being a little flippant but they must have a plan as they can't be as rubbish in business as they seem or they would have gone bust ages ago.
I think we will have a clearer picture once they have finished with all the JR's but that could be many years time I guess, also depends on how long term we see as long term at times in the past i have felt long term is to the end of the month. The football league throw this rubbish around about needing to know the plans 10 years ahead or whatever it is that can't be to clever as how many teams have gone into admin?

dongonzalos

The court cases don't involve the club as such, and as the club is still loss making after player sales, it's odd that they are still involved. It's far more likely we'll continue to make losses unless we unearth 2 Wilsons or Maddisons each year. I guess there must be some reason why they need to hold on to the club when they can still pursue the legal matters without doing so, but I don't know what it is.

Do you think it maybe important when applying for compensation to still be running the club and trying to make it work after damage done by the people you are claiming compensation from?
No idea myself but does it work like that?

Terry Gibson's perm

CA said in the Telegraph there are no thoughts from SISU regarding moving on. I don't know what the long term strategy is. Here are a few gueses.
Which do you think is likely? Are there any missing?

Build a new stadium and either sell the whole package I would guess still at a loss. No chance they build a stadium

Build a new stadium and attempt to turn the whole package into a profit making business and over a very long term chip away at debts then sell it off. No chance

Win significant compensation pay off the debts walk away most likely but i dont know their chance of winning

Win significant compensation invest it in the club achieve premiership status and sell for a small profit. never going to invest

Win significant compensation put it towards the new stadium. Sell the package. I would hope this but can't see it

Have the club self sufficient until all possible legal action is complete. If the legal action fails walk away. maybe

Sneak promotion to the championship invest 20 million on a playing squad and go for the premiership. Then sell the club clearing all debts. No way and i dopn't think 20 million is enough

Keep the club self sufficient whilst monitoring Wasps situation. If they are struggling invest into Wasps merging the two clubs.
No thanks never a merger I would have a take over and then throw them out back to London

Skyblueweeman

Can't believe I forgot that obvious last scenario 

It's crazy though isn't it,
They are the only scenarios I can think of and you found them all to be varying degrees of unlikelynes

Thanks for the post

I know this might be hard to take Dong (I think there's a joke in there somewhere...), but I'm not always (rarely in fact) right, so one of those might well happen.

A couple of things that the past few years has taught me is that there's never a boring season supporting CCFC and you never know what path our future will take. Pretty hard to second guess our future when the owners probably don't even know...

italiahorse

Sisu realise that they will never get their money back and 'finally' work out that they can stop further losses by selling the club for the value of it's assets. (Example £2M)

Investors realise that they can buy the club (£2M) and build a new stadium (£40M) for a total of £42M and reunite club and a stadium.

Skyblueweeman

Sisu realise that they will never get their money back and 'finally' work out that they can stop further losses by selling the club for the value of it's assets. (Example £2M)

Investors realise that they can buy the club (£2M) and build a new stadium (£40M) for a total of £42M and reunite club and a stadium.

Sounds simple. Apart from the building the stadium part.

dongonzalos

2 million and walk away? I take it that is your wish as oppose to what you think will happen.

shy_tall_knight

Do SISU loose money or is it their investors or a combination of both.

How much is thier reputational risk worth, ie after 8 years they have failed miserably, lost a load of money, it may be moe difficult for them to find new investors for their next venture.

IMO will be here for another 2/3 years

Rusty Trombone

Do you think it maybe important when applying for compensation to still be running the club and trying to make it work after damage done by the people you are claiming compensation from?
No idea myself but does it work like that?

Maybe that's the reason, but I can't see that the possible financial compensation won if still running the club would be that much greater than if they didn't still run the club, but while they own it they have to be prepared to fund it.

From the point we returned to Cov, on a lower rent and with decent enough crowds, it must be hard to prove the club is in a worse financial position (since returning) than if we hadn't left. So what losses since returning, net of the reduced rent, are worse? Could probably argue some continuing lost sponsorship, but I'd have thought that's less than the rent saving.

Calista

If you enter “sisu” into Google Translate as a Finnish word, you get the following alternatives:-

go
spunk
grit
guts
perseverance
pluck
balls
bottle

Take your pick, but I suspect that the first one is the least likely, and there will be very little of the second one (at least when it comes to money). I reckon “perseverance” is the name of the game, unfortunately.

dongonzalos

If you enter “sisu” into Google Translate as a Finnish word, you get the following alternatives:-

go
spunk
grit
guts
perseverance
pluck
balls
bottle

Take your pick, but I suspect that the first one is the least likely, and there will be very little of the second one (at least when it comes to money). I reckon “perseverance” is the name of the game, unfortunately.

I agree with the perseverance but, however there is always a long term goal to perseverance and a plan of how to get there.
That is the bit that seems to be missing or not missing but I don't know what it is?

ceetee

"I guess there must be some reason why they need to hold on to the club when they can still pursue the legal matters without doing so, but I don't know what it is."

I assume it's because they can hide the losses from the investors but if they sell those losses become real, but I'm not an accountant

Covcraig@bury

I'm guessing the long term plan is to get out of this league , but the way we've been playing of late that could be a long way off !!!

Users who are viewing this thread