Long Term Plan (1 Viewer)

1ccfc

1, Buy Coventry rugby club and Butts park.
2, Move CCFC to Butts park.
3, Focus investment in the rugby team, which would require a lot less to get them two leagues up than us. Let CCFC stagnate in L1.
4, As the rugby team does better gates increase taking support away from Wasps, who now have no tenant and reducing gates.
5, Wasps forced to move.
6, SISU take up the Ricoh arena and move both teams over.
7, Butts park is sold for development.
8, CCFC now looks a better prospect for sale now it has it's own Stadium - sell club!

Just a thought :whistle:

shy_tall_knight

3, Focus investment in the rugby team, which would require a lot less to get them two leagues up than us. Let CCFC stagnate in L1.
4, As the rugby team does better gates increase taking support away from Wasps, who now have no tenant and reducing gates.
5, Wasps forced to move.
8, CCFC now looks a better prospect for sale now it has it's own Stadium - sell club!

I think top flight rugby is more of a cartel than Premiership football, rarely do new clubs join the Aviva Premiership. Hoping WASPS to fail seems to be our only hope.

stupot07

Personally I can see sisu running us at breakeven for the next 10-20 years. There is no rush for them to sell, as Ceetee says the losses aren't losses until they final sell the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

dongonzalos

5, Wasps forced to move.

Interesting !!!!

dongonzalos

Personally I can see sisu running us at breakeven for the next 10-20 years. There is no rush for them to sell, as Ceetee says the losses aren't losses until they final sell the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

And what's the aim during the 10-20 years?

dongonzalos

This thread should carry a Health Warning - reading the OP may induce an immediate coma from which you may never wake up from.

Hey Grendel wake up out of that Coma !!!!!!!

We are on page 2 now.

You know the answer to everything, what's SISU's long term strategy?

chiefdave

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fc-chief-says-10978189

More sense from Anderson but as always we need to see some action rather than just words.

It seems from what he has been saying they are finally doing what they should have done years ago and working up the requirements for staying or a new stadium so a decision can be made based on some actual evidence.

Should we end up staying long term we need to ensure CCFC branding is equally as prominent as Wasps. For example the same sized club badges in the stadium, both logos (or a system that can be changed on a match by match basis) around the pitch, changeable branding in the tunnel etc.

Same outside the ground, the area around where JH is is totally Wasps branded now. If you were running ACL you'd be better off having both clubs up there, it makes ACL look a bigger deal.

jas365

CA said in the Telegraph there are no thoughts from SISU regarding moving on. I don't know what the long term strategy is. Here are a few gueses.
Which do you think is likely? Are there any missing?

Build a new stadium and either sell the whole package I would guess still at a loss.

Build a new stadium and attempt to turn the whole package into a profit making business and over a very long term chip away at debts then sell it off.

Win significant compensation pay off the debts walk away

Win significant compensation invest it in the club achieve premiership status and sell for a small profit.

Win significant compensation put it towards the new stadium. Sell the package.

Have the club self sufficient until all possible legal action is complete. If the legal action fails walk away.

Sneak promotion to the championship invest 20 million on a playing squad and go for the premiership. Then sell the club clearing all debts.

Keep the club self sufficient whilst monitoring Wasps situation. If they are struggling invest into Wasps merging the two clubs.

Can only see the 2 options highlighted as possibilities.

dongonzalos

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fc-chief-says-10978189

More sense from Anderson but as always we need to see some action rather than just words.

It seems from what he has been saying they are finally doing what they should have done years ago and working up the requirements for staying or a new stadium so a decision can be made based on some actual evidence.

Should we end up staying long term we need to ensure CCFC branding is equally as prominent as Wasps. For example the same sized club badges in the stadium, both logos (or a system that can be changed on a match by match basis) around the pitch, changeable branding in the tunnel etc.

Same outside the ground, the area around where JH is is totally Wasps branded now. If you were running ACL you'd be better off having both clubs up there, it makes ACL look a bigger deal.

Can't argue with any of that so
Plan A seems to be negotiate a mutually beneficial long term deal with Wasps. Attempt to get back to the premiership.
I like Plan A lets hope to God he can negotiate the deal.!!!

SkyBlueZack

They won't just walk away. To lose all the money they have and the bad press etc. The court cases. Numerous directors. To just walk away? Can't see it myself. CCFC is just one investment in a portfolio. Although this has changed now from what OSB has said as it's now ARVO in control and we know less about them than we do SISU. Think they are here for the forseeable future unless someone crazy offers crazy money. Fisher said won't sell at the bottom of the cycle. Anderson has said similar. Is the top of the cycle a championship club with it's own stadium/income rights?

dongonzalos

They won't just walk away. To lose all the money they have and the bad press etc. The court cases. Numerous directors. To just walk away? Can't see it myself. CCFC is just one investment in a portfolio. Although this has changed now from what OSB has said as it's now ARVO in control and we know less about them than we do SISU. Think they are here for the forseeable future unless someone crazy offers crazy money. Fisher said won't sell at the bottom of the cycle. Anderson has said similar. Is the top of the cycle a championship club with it's own stadium/income rights?

Looks like Mr Anderson just explained Plan A and he makes a lot of sense. It was a plan I left of my list to be honest as every time it is suggested on here it gets shot down as impossible. As people say Wasps will never do it.
Which I always found a strange stance as I firmly believe it is massively in wasps interests

Last edited:

shmmeee

I think you're massively overestimating Sisu's competence to think they have a long term plan. I seriously doubt they have and are just hoping something turns up and until then they can make the best of it.

Skyblueweeman

Interesting that he name-checked CCC as having some CCFC supporters on board. Perhaps the start of the relationship thawing and olive branches being offered?

Quite a positive statement to be fair.

Rusty Trombone

If we could get to break even that could be a plan, but I can only see us growing as a club if they are prepared to invest, which is a gamble too far for them now I think. We're still far from breakeven, even with player sales.

This 'don't sell at the bottom of the cycle' thing assumes we're on a cyclical route, I don't think it's guaranteed that we're not in a downward spiral instead.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Basically he's said we need an equal partnership at the Ricoh, maybe not in terms of actual ownership but equal in revenue streams, branding, advertising, club shop etc. and all the other important areas.

chiefdave

Basically he's said we need an equal partnership at the Ricoh, maybe not in terms of actual ownership but equal in revenue streams, branding, advertising, club shop etc. and all the other important areas.

Exactly. You just have to look at who he gives as examples of not need ownership and the sort of deals they are on to see where he is heading. A few pence off the pies and pints isn't going to cut it.

On the bright side italia keeps telling us we just need to ask Wasps and we'll get whatever we want so these negotiations shouldn't be much of a problem :D

Users who are viewing this thread